Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2019, 01:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I think it is funny when he uses Wommack to begin with. I mean, the guy believes that "born agains" can heal people and raise them from the dead, that demons must be "cast out" of people, and a rabid gay hater, and pushes for discrimination against them. Yea, sounds like someone the jeffbases of the world would rely on for guidance .
Their demeanor says a lot about what they think and believe, while stroking their ego and self-righteousness.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:43 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Their demeanor says a lot about what they think and believe, while stroking their ego and self-righteousness.
Says the people who are grand standing here and throwing down extreme judgement on a man of God without a single shred of evidence to back up the criticisms. Typical hypocrisy and trash talk from your camp.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:46 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Says the people who are grand standing here and throwing down extreme judgement on a man of God without a single shred of evidence to back up the criticisms. Typical hypocrisy and trash talk from your camp.
Oh, so like you do in regards to gay people on a daily basis?

Hey, Jeff, there is plenty of evidence in regards to you, to back up any criticisms we may have of you and your beliefs. We have gone over them plenty of times before, so no need to go over them all again, right? See, the difference is that we actually have evidence for how you act and what you believe. You, on the other hand, condemn ALL gay people, compare ALL gay people to pedos and incestual relationships, and make sweeping generalizations about who they are and what they believe.

Do you not understand the difference?

Old 11-18-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:

Hey, Jeff, there is plenty of evidence in regards to you, to back up any criticisms we may have of you and your beliefs. We have gone over them plenty of times before, so no need to go over them all again, right? See, the difference is that we actually have evidence for how you act and what you believe. You, on the other hand, condemn ALL gay people, compare ALL gay people to pedos and incestual relationships, and make sweeping generalizations about who they are and what they believe.

You have no evidence. I have never condemned anyone. Only stated my beliefs that homosexuality is immoral. I have never compared them to pedos or incest either. 100% lies from you, but that's typical.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Jeff, listen to his (and your) words carefully, they are condemning: "God didn't make them that way." He, like you fail to understand that they were born the way they are, which has nothing to do with being a thief, an adulterer, or a murderer - those are something you chose, not something you are born with. He makes the same stupid comparisons as that of yourself, so when did you make the choice to be heterosexual? Or, is it the way your were born? Yes, they can make the choice not to be intimate, but so can you?

You can choose to pick your nose or blow it, but you didn't have a choice as too the size? But I hope you learn to love yourself for the way you were born? Or, is that something you find disgusting and condemn? You have this notion that other people need to meet your expectations. But not all relationships are predicated on what you think or believe. If you are not LGBT, then you CANNOT speak for them, the only thing you can do is try to understand that which you obviously do not!

Quote:

He doesn't comprehend that there is a difference between what a heterosexual (man or woman) feels and that of homosexuals or lesbians, anymore than he does those that are bisexual. He thinks it is just a matter of deciding for yourself? And, if you are not attracted to those he believes you should be, then you are a sinner for making the wrong choice? Yet, he cannot say that it is a choice he made, rather than they way he was born.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
You have no evidence. I have never condemned anyone. Only stated my beliefs that homosexuality is immoral. I have never compared them to pedos or incest either. 100% lies from you, but that's typical.
Your own words prove you a liar - again and again and again and again ad infinitum.

Thank you for your tireless efforts in portraying the cold heart and bleak, dark spirit that characterizes the Christian fundamentalist.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I understand your desire to do the backstroke when called out, but you did make the comparisons.
But after making the comparisons, you switched it to that of merely equating it to something sinful.

However, there are people who do not believe it is, and they have tried to explain their position.
And you should be asking yourself, "What if I had a child that was born differently from others?"

Would you call them a liar? Basically, that is what you are doing, while exhibiting your prejudice.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
What makes you think he is a man of God? Because he condemns the same thing you do?

Old 11-18-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I understand your desire to do the backstroke when called out, but you did make the comparisons.
But after making the comparisons, you switched it to that of merely equating it to something sinful.

However, there are people who do not believe it is, and they have tried to explain their position.
And you should be asking yourself, "What if I had a child that was born differently from others?"

Would you call them a liar? Basically, that is what you are doing, while exhibiting your prejudice.
I understand your desire to try to paint me as some kind of villain, but your nastiness and rudeness only betray any sense of sincerity to me. You won't find a single post where I said gay people are just like pedos or incest. See, those are the words necessary to "compare". All I did was give an example of another type of sin to prove the hypocrisy on your side. If that means comparing then that's like saying bank robbers are the same as drug dealers.

See that's the fallacy in your grand standing argument. What if YOU had a child born with a desire to do acts that you find immoral? Would you throw your hands up in the air and say, oh well, you gotta be true to yourself? The shoe doesnt fit so easy when we put it on your foot, now does it?

Old 11-18-2019, 07:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
I understand your desire to try to paint me as some kind of villain, but your nastiness and rudeness only betray any sense of sincerity to me. You won't find a single post where I said gay people are just like pedos or incest. See, those are the words necessary to "compare". All I did was give an example of another type of sin to prove the hypocrisy on your side. If that means comparing then that's like saying bank robbers are the same as drug dealers.

See that's the fallacy in your grand standing argument. What if YOU had a child born with a desire to do acts that you find immoral? Would you throw your hands up in the air and say, oh well, you gotta be true to yourself? The shoe doesnt fit so easy when we put it on your foot, now does it?
If your audience consisted of 9-year-olds with one finger up their nose rooting for boogers, you might have one or two of them nodding at your posts.

But we adults, with both hands on our keyboards, know you to be the sad little fundie you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity