Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2021, 12:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've told you my position. Again. Your arrogant persistence to simply accept a person's position and continue to hound them incessantly is why I am done with you. If you wish to discuss it, I'm open for it. But simply repeating the same garbage over and over to me and claiming you somehow "won" the argument does nothing.
The irony is astonishing, all you have ever done is repeat the same garbage, over and over.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:11 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,065,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
But, but ...your 'position' doesn't align with scripture, BF.
Of course it does.
Quote:

[color="Navy"]All you have to do is to admit, "Yes, the Bible DOES condemn divorce and remarriage and we as a church need to be consistent with regard to our condemnation of sin."
I've not in any way denied that. Yes. Divorce and remarriage is wrong. It is sinful.
Quote:

Until you do you will be regarded as someone who willingly belongs to an organization that highlights one 'sin' while turning a blind eye to another. You're aware of the double standards that are being applied here but you continue to play your silly games on this thread.

No, I don't.
Quote:

But ...you're NOT open to discussion. The matter of divorce/remarriage has been open for discussion for a number of pages but you choose to steer away from any such discussion. Not that there is anything to discuss since the Bible is clear that divorce and remarriage is tantamount to adultery, no ifs, ands or buts.
I've stated my position. You arrogantly state I'm wrong, you're right, and you have HOUNDED me on it. You are not open for discussion, you want me to agree to your position, or I'm wrong. That is intolerant, and it's not conducive to a DISCUSSION, of which this forum is supposed to be for.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
LOL.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:46 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
Of course it does.

I've not in any way denied that. Yes. Divorce and remarriage is wrong. It is sinful.
But it isn't wrong once they say "I do", even though they are continuing in a relationship that is "wrong and sinful"... Sure, that makes sense

I assume you would think the same of a gay married couple?

Old 03-24-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
But it isn't wrong once they say "I do", even though they are continuing in a relationship that is "wrong and sinful"... Sure, that makes sense

I assume you would think the same of a gay married couple?
They're married at that point. And no, sex between a man and his wife is not sinful.

On the other hand, you seem to be arguing that we should go against Scripture and he should return to his wife.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
They're married at that point. And no, sex between a man and his wife is not sinful.

On the other hand, you seem to be arguing that we should go against Scripture and he should return to his wife.
Does he not continue in adultery as long as his first wife is alive?

Old 03-24-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No. Nowhere in Scripture does it say that. We've been over this countless times. Show me the verse that says that it's perpetual adultery. Please. Do that and I'll change my tune.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No. Nowhere in Scripture does it say that. We've been over this countless times. Show me the verse that says that it's perpetual adultery. Please. Do that and I'll change my tune.
How can it not be perpetual, occurring repeatedly - if they continue in that sin?

Old 03-24-2021, 03:43 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
How can it not be perpetual, occurring repeatedly - if they continue in that sin?
Exactly the question he keeps dodging. He clings to the "but now they are married, so it isn't a sin anymore" as if that absolves them of being in the adulterous relationship.... He's playing dumb, as per usual.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Exactly the question he keeps dodging. He clings to the "but now they are married, so it isn't a sin anymore" as if that absolves them of being in the adulterous relationship.... He's playing dumb, as per usual.
Most fundies aren't playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity