Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 06:41 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What are these "deeds of unrighteousness?" What is this "act of sexual immorality" you speak of?
I'm speaking of God's view plainly displayed in His Word.

Are you having problems seeing that in scripture as well as Rom.?

Old 02-18-2021, 06:46 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
What are these "deeds of unrighteousness?" What is this "act of sexual immorality" you speak of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I'm speaking of God's view plainly displayed in His Word.

Are you having problems seeing that in scripture as well as Rom.?
They are simple questions. Are you going to answer them?

Old 02-18-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
They are simple questions. Are you going to answer them?
I've already shown you in Old and New Testaments, but the eyes are to dull to see, the ears are to hard of hearing. I will show you again in the New Testament!

Rom. 1:24-32

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:05 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
I've already shown you in Old and New Testaments, but the eyes are to dull to see, the eyes are to hard of hearing. I will show you again in the New Testament!

Rom. 1:24-32

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
That's real nice that you can copy and paste. Now, what does any of that have to do with Christians in committed relationships, like John and Bob or Jane and Susan?

Old 02-18-2021, 07:14 AM

Quote:
That's real nice that you can copy and paste. Now, what does any of that have to do with Christians in committed relationships, like John and Bob or Jane and Susan?
God ordained the union of Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

Of course you have no regard for the Word of God, it means nothing to you!

Old 02-18-2021, 07:25 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Can you show one instance in the Bible where God made an allowance for it "in a committed relationship"?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:02 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
God ordained the union of Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

Of course you have no regard for the Word of God, it means nothing to you!
Oh for Pete's sake, last time I heard that one I fell off my dinosaur. Which, of course, you don't believe actually ever existed...

You are missing the point, but I no longer believe it is a pretense on your part. But do try to consider that whatever it is that causes you to be unable to understand is not your fault but the way you were born. So it is with LGBTQ people. They were born the way they are, too.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh for Pete's sake, last time I heard that one I fell off my dinosaur. Which, of course, you don't believe actually ever existed...

You are missing the point, but I no longer believe it is a pretense on your part. But do try to consider that whatever it is that causes you to be unable to understand is not your fault but the way you were born. So it is with LGBTQ people. They were born the way they are, too.
Well said. Fundies lack the capacity for engaging in certain levels of thought. I try to remind myself that most are unable to change.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Actually, I do believe in dinosaurs, it's a proven fact they existed. The fact that scientists have proven this helps us understand Gen. 1 in a new light. I'm not anti-science, I thank God for science!

I'm not missing any point MQ, we just disagree on the validity of scripture!

We also disagree on destiny and choice for the gay community, alcoholism, and several other things!

Old 02-18-2021, 08:18 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
They were born the way they are, too.
Back up that assertion, please. Can you provide ONE bit of scientific evidence to show that it's true?

I believe science. Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity