Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 08:34 AM

16,736 posts, read 15,743,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
God ordained the union of Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

Of course you have no regard for the Word of God, it means nothing to you!
Boy, that's an old one. Same sex loving committed relationships are not mentioned anywhere in the Bible (except possibly David and Jonathan).

What you seem to be incapable of understanding is that people have different interpretations of Scripture. It would be helpful for you to recognize that instead of saying that the Word of God means nothing to somebody that disagrees with you.

Now, are you going to think about those Christians in committed relationships I mentioned?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:36 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Boy, that's an old one. Same sex loving committed relationships are not mentioned anywhere in the Bible (except possibly David and Jonathan).
So now you're arguing that God smiles on them, despite NO evidence? And no, David and Jonathan were not in a gay relationship.
Quote:
What you seem to be incapable of understanding is that people have different interpretations of Scripture. It would be helpful for you to recognize that instead of saying that the Word of God means nothing to somebody that disagrees with you.

Now, are you going to think about those Christians in committed relationships I mentioned?
If ONLY you gave that same courtesy to others.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Actually, I do believe in dinosaurs, it's a proven fact they existed. The fact that scientists have proven this helps us understand Gen. 1 in a new light. I'm not anti-science, I thank God for science!

I'm not missing any point MQ, we just disagree on the validity of scripture!

We also disagree on destiny and choice for the gay community, alcoholism, and several other things!
Nobody is questioning the validity of Scripture. Literal and inerrant are questioned, and interpretations vary. Recognize the differences among Christians.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:39 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,333,357 times
Quote:

That's sick! The Godly love they had for one another, never even hinted at as sexual, exploited by ignorance!

Old 02-18-2021, 08:45 AM

88,741 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Back up that assertion, please. Can you provide ONE bit of scientific evidence to show that it's true?

I believe science. Do you?
I've never looked into the science closely, although I know that both POVs use science to argue for or against it being a condition of birth.

I'm going by what gay or bi people have told me themselves. That they knew it from childhood. And from what some of their mothers have told me--that they knew it about their child.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've never looked into the science closely, although I know that both POVs use science to argue for or against it being a condition of birth.

I'm going by what gay or bi people have told me themselves. That they knew it from childhood. And from what some of their mothers have told me--that they knew it about their child.
Isn't that pretty much all you need to know to know how to treat people?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

There has been zero science to this point to show us that a person is born gay.

Having said that, I know that several family members of mine are alcoholics. It seems to run in my family I'm an exception to the trend, but then I intentionally stay away from alcohol because I have a tendency to want to drink several if I have one. Maybe that does make me an alky.

In any event, where I'm going with this is that I have no issue with the idea that some people are born with a tendency, or a predisposition to it.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Nobody is questioning the validity of Scripture. Literal and inerrant are questioned, and interpretations vary. Recognize the differences among Christians.
That really doesn't make a bit of sense.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That really doesn't make a bit of sense.
That's sad. It should be obvious.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:12 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
BaptistFundie is not lying, he's pointing out the truth! It's you who's in denial of the truth and trying to make it a lie.

You're only lying to yourself, it's plain to see what's written in scripture. When you do this you are losing credibility with others.

The gay community will have to look elsewhere to justify their deeds of unrighteousness. The scripture is clear where it stands.

There are other sexually immoral sins that are in the same boat with the same sex folks. No need for you to pick out one particular act of sexual immorality and try to justify it through scripture.
The one who has lost credibility is that of yourself, not those who are searching for the truth?
And, nowhere do the Scriptures talk about committed and loving, homosexual relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity