Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 07:54 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,331,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not the way you present it. Your arrogant assumption that only you know Jesus and only those who believe what you do about Him love Jesus is self-righteous nonsense. There are many, many Christians here who do NOT believe the things you do but know and love Jesus as our Savior. I thought you said that they only need to believe He is our Savior. Why all the extra baggage in your "precepts and doctrines of men?" How are you bringing them to Jesus when they are already there and you are telling them things that drive them away from Him???
Yes, there are many, many Christians here.

How many born-again Christians are here Mystic?

How many Christians are there here who have repented of their sins and have turned from their old life to follow Christ?

I can tell you right now, narrow is the gate that leads to life and few there be that find it!

We all had better be doing some inter check up to see where we really stand with Christ!

Old 04-27-2021, 07:59 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,858,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This isn't a Christian forum.
Could've fooled me.

is not the primary subject of this forum, "Christianity"?

But I think that this forum is doomed to eventually have Christianity as is subject without any born again Christians giving their input.

So, you will not have anyone giving first-hand knowledge on the subject of Christianity.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Could've fooled me.

is not the primary subject of this forum, "Christianity"?

But I think that this forum is doomed to eventually have Christianity as is subject without any born again Christians giving their input.

So, you will not have anyone giving first-hand knowledge on the subject of Christianity.
How can anyone be SILLY enough to think HIMSELF better than other people?

Old 04-27-2021, 08:12 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
People like you are not here to share, it's the White knight syndrome or savior complex.
Quote:
I am definitely here to share.
You're definitely here to tell gay people that they are living in sin and that they are destined for hell if they continue in this sin. Correct?

While I've asked this question several times previously I don't believe that I've ever received an answer ...certainly not a satisfactory answer anyway. So, I'll ask the question of you, jbf.

What, precisely, IS this 'sin' that gay people are seen to be guilty of committing?

If you could enlighten me/us with a convincing answer then, while I wouldn't count on it, some of us just might agree with you. What is it that you believe gay people are continuing to do that is 'wrong' ...?

Please dispense with the typical and unimaginative 'Because the Bible sez!" response which is most definitely NOT a satisfactory answer to my question.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:14 PM

63,942 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes, there are many, many Christians here.
How many born-again Christians are here Mystic?
No one alive has been"born again," Charlie. Many, many, have been conceived from above (spiritually inseminated by our Father, God) but we will not be "born again" until our physical death. Then we will be reborn as Spirit as Jesus was. Your focus on sin takes your eyes off the ball of love for God and each other. it is your stumbling block because God is not counting our sins against us so you shouldn't either.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
We needed a fresh crop of fundies. The ones we haven't helped see the light have pretty much run away.

Lurkers need to be reminded of how dark-spirited, cold-hearted and narrow-minded fundies are -- and there's no better way to illustrate it than have them post.

Bring it on, noobs.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:19 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
I can give you first hand knowledge, I was the worst human being when I was a Christian...

Old 04-27-2021, 08:26 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith
View Post
Could've fooled me.

Is not the primary subject of this forum, "Christianity"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How can anyone be SILLY enough to think HIMSELF better than other people?
It would seem that justbyfaith may be well on the way to qualify for #1 of those 'abominations' that are displeasing to God that I mentioned earlier ...the one with regard to 'haughty eyes'. I actually suggested to jbf that he pay particular attention to that 'abomination'.

Haughty eyes (Proverbs 6:17): Definition - a haughty spirit or having haughty eyes means that we look down upon others in a condescending way. We think more highly of ourselves than we should. This is where we look scornfully, disdainfully, or almost arrogantly at others

Old 04-27-2021, 08:30 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,858,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
You're definitely here to tell gay people that they are living in sin and that they are destined for hell if they continue in this sin. Correct?

While I've asked this question several times previously I don't believe that I've ever received an answer ...certainly not a satisfactory answer anyway. So, I'll ask the question of you, jbf.

What, precisely, IS this 'sin' that gay people are seen to be guilty of committing?

If you could enlighten me/us with a convincing answer then, while I wouldn't count on it, some of us just might agree with you. What is it that you believe gay people are continuing to do that is 'wrong' ...?

Please dispense with the typical and unimaginative 'Because the Bible sez!" response which is most definitely NOT a satisfactory answer to my question.
Talking to gay people is not my primary purpose here...it just happens to be an entire thread that I am participating in...and there appear to be quite a few of them at these boards...so I am going to address the issue.

My only answer to your question is that it is a shameful thiing to even speak of what the disobedient do in secret...so I am not going to mention it.

You know what it is that you do.

I am not going to pollute my brain or the general purity of these boards by mentioning the specifics of homosexual sin.

I also think that it is generally well-known what the intercourse between man and man might be...they use the unnautral hole rather than the natural one; because men do not have a natural hole.

See, now I have gone too explicit. I told you it is a shame to even speak of it...not only that, it is disgusting.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:37 PM

88,701 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
I am capable of giving the teachings on what the Bible verses actually mean; but I doubt that you would accept my interpretation as being authoritative.

So, I prefer to simply make my statements; and if they are backed up by holy scripture, to reference the holy scripture that backs them up.

I am not going to stop doing that merely because you think it is shallow.

I do believe and know that the Lord Jesus Christ, when He judges us all, will say that in quoting the holy scriptures, or at least in referencing them to back up my point of view, I was not shallow in the slightest.

The righteousness of faith speaketh on this wise, "The word is night thee, in your mouth and in your heart".

If this is true in your life, and yet you find yourself making statements that are contrary to the holy scriptures that you know in your mind and yet are fighting against, then I would say that your heart is not right in the sight of the Lord.

But I think that you already know that; and are simply attempting to make a case before the ignorant public that you are somehow Christian; when you do things in the secret places that make Christ want to vomit. And He does in fact see you doing those things (Hebrews 4:13). I say to you truly that this will not last for ever. If you will eternally persist in your desire to do those things, there will come a time when you will not be able to do those things any more.

Even as was prayed by King David,

Psa 140:10, Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
For some reason that particular phrase made me burst out laughing. I cannot imagine what you think I might be doing that would make you think I make Christ "want to vomit". OK, so sometimes I get a little obsessed with wax in my ears and take some odd tactics to try remove it. Yup, Jesus must see that.

Are you for real? Seriously, tell me what you think makes Jesus want to vomit that I must be doing. You said it, now finish it. This will be good.

Do you really think that YOU are Christlike by saying such a randomly weird thing to a woman you don't even know? Hell, the Woman at the Well had five husbands and was living with another man, and Jesus didn't condemn her the way you just did to me, and I only ever had one husband.

Dang, Dude, Jesus better watch out. You're looking to elbow him out of the way, it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity