Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 11:57 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,383 times

Advertisements

According to scripture, Mary the mother of Jesus was later married to Cleophas, who is also called Alphaeus, who is the father of James the brother of Jesus and the first to sit on the episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision in Jerusalem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 03:10 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The only account of Mary of Cleophas was in John 19:25-27 were it says Mary of Cleophas was the aunt of Jesus ...............``Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother`s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene``

Old 07-30-2019, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The only account of Mary of Cleophas was in John 19:25-27 were it says Mary of Cleophas was the aunt of Jesus ...............``Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother`s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene``
And where in god's name does John 19: 25-27, say that Mary the wife of Cleophas was the aunt of Jesus?

And you believe that Mary the wife of Cleophas, is the sister to Mary the mother of Jesus, do you?

Last edited by The Anointed; 07-30-2019 at 04:02 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 06:58 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
According to scripture, Mary the mother of Jesus was later married to Cleophas, who is also called Alphaeus, who is the father of James the brother of Jesus and the first to sit on the episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision in Jerusalem.
If readers want to know where this person is getting his oddball views from read my post #208 of the thread - https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ine-david.html

John 19:25 quite clearly makes a distinction between Mary the mother of Jesus, and Mary the wife of Clopas (Cleophas).
John 19:25 Therefore the soldiers did these things. But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
Four people are mentioned here. Mary the mother of Jesus, her unnamed sister, then Mary the wife of Clopas, and finally, Mary Magdalene.

Mary the mother of Jesus is not Mary the wife of Clopas.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:48 AM

998 posts, read 436,702 times
I agree with Mike555.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If readers want to know where this person is getting his oddball views from read my post #208 of the thread - https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ine-david.html

John 19:25 quite clearly makes a distinction between Mary the mother of Jesus, and Mary the wife of Clopas (Cleophas).
John 19:25 Therefore the soldiers did these things. But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
Four people are mentioned here. Mary the mother of Jesus, her unnamed sister, then Mary the wife of Clopas, and finally, Mary Magdalene.

Mary the mother of Jesus is not Mary the wife of Clopas.
To begin with, I am 77 years old, and have been on many different forums over the years. On some forums I am Known as the “S-word,” on others, the “Tongue,” plus other names.

Perhaps you may have read one of the many poems that are scattered throughout my book, such as the following.

Elijah, who was carried up to stand by Enoch’s side
Stood by the brook at Kishon where the priests of Baal all died
It was He, who gave the order and the waters all ran red
As fifty and eight hundred more, false prophets all fell dead.
Will you fight the war ‘gainst ignorance, the war that will be won
By those who wield the 'S-WORD' of God, the sharp two edge-ed 'TONGUE'….The Anointed

Most of what I write on these forums are extracts from a book that I am in the process of writing, a book that will never be finished as long as I live in this body, as each day I receive new data, but one of my children has promised to edit and have the book published after I am gone . But we will leave that for now.

And it is you, who holds the odd ball view, if you believe that MARY the mother of Jesus and MARY who married a man by the name ‘Cleophas’ are two different women.

Then there is Hljc, who wrote in post #2, “The only account of Mary of Cleophas was in John 19:25-27 were it says Mary of Cleophas was the aunt of Jesus ...............``Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother`s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.`

He/She believes that there were only three women at the cross as mentioned by John, and they were, ‘MARY his mother and his mother’s sister MARY the wife of Cleopas who was the aunt of Jesus, and MARY Magdalene.’

You make the false assumption that four women are mentioned by John, who were at the cross of Jesus, according to the punctuation that was not added until the 15th century.

The Evangelists wrote in Greek rather than in Hebrew...at that time only the capital letters of the Greek alphabet were used in writing, without diacritics, punctuation, or separation between words. Lower case letters appeared only in the ninth century, together with spacing between words. Punctuation marks were introduced only with the invention of the printing press in the 15th century. The present separations of chapters was introduced by Cardinal Hugo in the 13th century.

“WOMANWITHOUTHERMANISNOTHING.” Doesn’t make much sense, does it? Let us now separate the words. “Woman without her man is nothing,” that seems better doesn’t it? But without punctuation, what is being said here? “Woman without her man, (Comma) is nothing;” or “Woman! (Exclamation mark) Without her, (Comma) man is nothing.”

How many biblical truths have been hidden by using the wrong punctuation.

But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, (Comma) and his mother's sister, (Comma) Mary the wife of Cleophas, (Comma) and Mary Magdalene. This is Incorrect as it makes it appear that four women are being mentioned.

But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, (Comma) Mary the wife of Cleopas and Mary Magdalene. This is Correct. As we shall later see, only two women by the name MARY, were at the cross, the burial, and the empty tomb of Jesus, and they are Mary the mother of Jesus and her sister-in-law, who are Mary the wife of Cleophas and Mary Magdalene the sister of Cleophas.

According to the subject Guide in Young's Analytical Concordance of the Bible, Alpheaus and Cleophas the husband of Mary are one and the same person. Cleophas, the masculine of Cleopatra, is the Greek for [Of a renowned Father] while the name Alpheaus, the Father of James the younger, who is the brother of Jesus, is the Aramaic for [Of a Renowned Father]

The four Gospels mention only two women by the name Mary, at the crucifixion, the burial, and the empty tomb of Jesus.

Luke 24: 10; does not name the women at the cross of Jesus, nor does he name the women at the burial of Jesus, but he does name the two women by the name “Mary,” who went to the empty tomb on Sunday morning and they were Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James (The brother of the Lord.)

Mark 15: 40; mentions the name of the two women at the cross of Jesus, by the name Mary, as Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James the younger and Joseph, two of the brothers of Jesus who were born of the same womb as he.

Mark 15: 47; Then goes on to say, that the two women by the name Mary, who watched the burial of Jesus, were Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joseph, the second son of Mary who was sired by Joseph the son of Jacob, the first husband of Mary.

Then at the empty tomb, Mark 16: 1; identifies the two women by the name Mary as, Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James the younger, whose father was Alphaeus, who is also called ‘Cleophas.’

Matthew 27: 56 reveals the names of two of the women at the cross of Jesus and they are, Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, two of the three biological sons of Mary.

Then in 27: 61; Matthew identifies the two women who witnessed the burial of Jesus, as Mary Magdalene and the “OTHER” Mary. By saying the “OTHER” Mary, he reveals that there are only two women present by the name Mary, not three or more, but only two, and that the “OTHER” Mary he is referring to is Mary the mother of James and Joseph, who he already stated was at his cross.

Matthew reinforces this by stating that at the empty tomb of Jesus, the only two women present by the name Mary, were Mary Magdalene and the “OTHER” Mary, who we know from Matthew 27: 56; to be Mary the biological mother of Jesus, Joseph and James the younger.

John 19: 25; Reveals who those two women by the name Mary are and what their relationship to each other is, when he says, “Standing close to the cross of Jesus, were his mother and his mother’s sister, (And they are), Mary the wife of Cleophas (Who is also called in the Aramiac, Alpheaus and in Hebrew Joseph) and her sister Mary Magdalene.

It was not uncommon for men of Galilee in those days to carry three names, one in Hebrew, one in Greek, and one in Aramaic. ‘Alexander Helios=Heli,’ who sired Joseph the biological father of Jesus, would have been seen as a father of renowned. Alpheaus and Cleophas, in Young’ s Analytical Concordance Subject Guide, are said to be one and the same person: From the Subject Guide; “Cleophas, husband of Mary, also called Alpheaus.”

Joseph, the biological father of Jesus, was the son of Alexander Helios/Heli a father of renowned who was murdered by Herod the Great in 13 BC. Cleophas, the Masculine form of Cleopatra, carries the Greek, meaning: “Of a renowned father,” and Alpheaus, is the Aramaic of the same meaning: “Of a renowned father.”

Thomas=Tau’ma, the Aramiac for twin, is also called Didymus, which is the Greek for twin, he is Thomas/twin, Didymus/twin, Jude, the half-brother of Jesus and the son of the carpenter.

A local tradition of eastern Syria identifies the Apostle Jude with Jude Thomas who was called ‘The Twin’ also known as Thomas (Aramaic), Didymus (Greek), and Jude (Hebrew.)

Knowing that in ART, Thomas Didymus Jude, the son of Alpheaus/Cleophas, is depicted with a, carpenter’s rule and square. In "The Acts of Thomas, sometimes called by its full name, "The Acts of Judas Thomas," 2nd-3rd century CE, "The Apostles cast lots as to where they should go, and to Thomas, brother to Jesus fell India. Thomas was taken to King Goddophares the ruler of Indo-Pathian Kingdom as an architect and carpenter by Habban.”

We must now ask the question, "Who is the Carpenter to whom Mary was married at that time, when her family consisted of Jesus, Joseph, James, Simon and Judas? Was it Joseph the son of Jacob from the tribe of Judah, who was her first legitimate husband, or was it Alpheaus/Cleophas the second husband of Mary and the Father of James the younger, the biological son of Mary and the youngest boy in the family, plus Simon and Judas, who is also called Thomas Didymus Jude, meaning twin?

Old 07-30-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:

And it is you, who holds the odd ball view, if you believe that MARY the mother of Jesus and MARY who married a man by the name ‘Cleophas’ are two different women.
Here's what Rylands Professor of Biblical Criticism and Exegesis at the University of Manchester, England, F. F. Bruce wrote concerning John 19:25.
''. . .If we take John's language be itself, it is uncertain whether he mentions three women or four; Mary the wife of Clopas might be the sister of Jesus' mother or might be a separate person. If, however, we correlate John's information with that about the women who were 'looking on from afar' in Mark 15:40 f. and Matt 27:55 f., we might conclude that the sister was Salome (mother of the sons of Zebedee), while Mary the wife of Clopas was Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses (Joseph). John nowhere refers to the mother of Jesus by name, possibly to avoid confusion with other women named Mary. According to the second century Palestinian writer Hegesippus, Clopas was the brother of Joseph the carpenter and father of that Simeon who became leader of the Jerusalem church after the stoning of James the Just.

The Gospel of John, F. F. Bruce, p.371
There is no way to get Mary the wife of Clopas being Mary the mother of Jesus in John 19:25. There just isn't. And that's reading it in the Greek. Mary the wife of Clopas has to be either the sister of Mary the mother of Jesus (which would make it three women being referred to) or she has to be someone else (which makes it four women being referred to), but she cannot be understood to be Mary the mother of Jesus.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-30-2019 at 06:47 PM..

Old 07-30-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Here's what Rylands Professor of Biblical Criticism and Exegesis at the University of Manchester, England, F. F. Bruce wrote concerning John 19:25.
''. . .If we take John's language be itself, it is uncertain whether he mentions three women or four; Mary the wife of Clopas might be the sister of Jesus' mother or might be a separate person. If, however, we correlate John's information with that about the women who were 'looking on from afar' in Mark 15:40 f. and Matt 27:55 f., we might conclude that the sister was Salome (mother of the sons of Zebedee), while Mary the wife of Clopas was Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses (Joseph). John nowhere refers to the mother of Jesus by name, possibly to avoid confusion with other women named Mary. According to the second century Palestinian writer Hegesippus, Clopas was the brother of Joseph the carpenter and father of that Simeon who became leader of the Jerusalem church after the stoning of James the Just.

The Gospel of John, F. F. Bruce, p.371
There is no way to get Mary the wife of Clopas being Mary the mother of Jesus in John 19:25. There just isn't. And that's reading it in the Greek. Mary the wife of Clopas has to be either the sister of Mary the mother of Jesus (which would make it three women being referred to) or she has to be someone else (which makes it four women being referred to), but she cannot be understood to be Mary the mother of Jesus.
All four Gospels reveal that there were only two women by the name Mary at the cross, burial, and empty tomb of Jesus, and they are Mary the wife of 'Cleophas-Alpheaus-Joseph' the carpenter, who is the son of Alexander Helios-Heli, a father of renown, and Mary Magdalene, who is believed to have been the wife of Rabbi Jesus.

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one" It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. The Hebrew word translated "anointed" is the verb form of the noun "Messiah."

Genesis 5: 23; Enoch was 365 and had spent his life in fellowship with God when he disappeared because God had Taken him.

Hebrews 11: 5; "By faith Enoch was Translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

Enoch, the most important man in the OT and the NT, and yet he has been rejected by both the Jewish church and the Roman church of Emperor Constantine.

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord"s face.
[Archistratege. Or, "the commander of the armies of the nations, named Michael."]

And the Most High, (who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel) said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.

The Great and glorious simulacrum which is the sacrifice that God has prepared for us, and the blue-print of the new Temple of God which is to replace his old temporary earthly tabernacle/tent [The Body of Mankind] as the ruler of the creation, of which Enoch was the chosen cornerstone, dies in the process of involution, to be the saviour of we in evolution, This he does by releasing all the righteous spirits that are He, from the least to the greatest, and Enoch was the first.

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory." [Enoch, is the one who was anointed as the successor to the throne of THE MOST HIGH in the creation: he is CHRIST=The anointed one]

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

365, is the number of days in a calendar year. The Lamb of God who takes on the sins of the world is to be a one-year old unblemished Lamb. Enoch the anointed one, is the unblemished Lamb of God.

Jesus, whose righteous ancestors had all Paid the blood price for sin and been judged and separated from the unrighteous dead and gathered to the evolving and ascending Enoch, over whom death no longer had any power, was the duplication of Enoch our indwelling evolving righteous ancestral spirit, as he had evolved to some 2,000 years ago, and he was offered up as a sacrifice by our spiritual father.

And in the same manner as God had prepared a substitute sacrifice for Isaac the son of God’s promise who, like Jesus, was born according to the workings of the Holy Spirit, so too had he prepared a substitute offering for Jesus, who Enoch had become at that particular point in time, in his evolution as the sin offering “The brilliant Simulacrum,” of which Enoch was the chosen corner-stone.

On the cross, Jesus cried out, “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me," as he gave up his spirit and the evolving indwelling spiritual Enoch, the first to be released from the brilliant Simulacrum at the ends of time, ceased to be an individual entity, as the graves of the spirits, of who he was their compilation, and by who he had evolved, up until that point in time, were opened, and three days later, they [The body of Christ the anointed one] entered the city of Jerusalem, where they showed themselves as the risen Christ.

Matthew 27: 52, And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that slept arose. Verse 53, And came out of the graves and three days later [On the day of the resurrection,] they went into the Holy city and appeared to many.

One would expect the risen body of the anointed one to appear to the family of Jesus first, and this is exactly what we see.

The first to see one of they, who were of the body of the risen Christ, the 365 day old unblemished Lamb, the sacrificial offering prepared for us by God, were his Mother, Mary the wife of Cleophas and her [Sister-in-law and supposed daughter-in-law ] Mary Magdalene, who is thought to be the sister of Cleophas and the wife of Jesus, as Rabbi’s were expected to be married men, who, although looking straight at him, thought that he was the gardener, until he spoke her name.

The next to who one of the risen body of Christ appeared, were the carpenter ‘Cleophas’ who is also called Alpheas, and Simon/Simeon the half-brother of Jesus, who was to inherit the Episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision after his half-brother, 'James the righteous,' was killed at the instigation of the same Sadducee sect that had Jesus the full brother of James killed.

Although Cleophas and Simon walked and talked with one of the risen body of Christ for some 11 kilometres to the small town of Emmaus, they did not recognise him for who he was, until Simon saw the manner in which he broke the bread.

See John 20: 19 to 24; Cleophas then returned to Jerusalem, where the disciples, which included Simon Peter and Simon the Patriot, the only two of the twelve disciples by the name Simon, were cowering in a darkened room. The only one of the twelve who was absent that evening when Jesus appeared in that dimly lit room in the form that they recognised as Jesus, was Thomas Jude another half-brother of Jesus, the one who was called the Twin, although nowhere does the bible say that he was an actual twin or whether he just held a striking resemblance to someone else, perhaps one with who he shared a common father.

But back to Cleophas, who said to the disciples, "He has risen, he appeared to Simon," who was of course Simon the son of Cleophas and half-brother to Jesus and the one who succeeded ‘James the younger’ as the head of the church founded by their brother Jesus.

See John 21: 1 to 12; Then there were the seven disciples who were fishing on Lake Galilee having no success at all, when someone on the bank told them to throw their net on the right side of the boat in which they caught 153 fishes, later on while sitting down to eat with the person who had a fire prepared with fish on it and some bread, not one of the seven disciples of Jesus who had walked and talked with him, dared to ask who he was, but they understood that he was of the risen body of Christ. Even when he ascended up into heaven as a cloud, some of the 11 disciples doubted that it was he.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
All four Gospels reveal that there were only two women by the name Mary at the cross, burial, and empty tomb of Jesus, and they are Mary the wife of 'Cleophas-Alpheaus-Joseph' the carpenter, who is the son of Alexander Helios-Heli, a father of renown, and Mary Magdalene, who is believed to have been the wife of Rabbi Jesus.

You keep claiming that Mary, the mother of Jesus and Mary the wife of Clopas are the same person, and that simply is not true. John 19:25 shows them to be two different people. And it would have been redundant for John to have referred to Mary the mother of Jesus in two different ways in the same sentence in which he is stating the women who were standing by the cross.

The Gospels speak of three Mary's at the cross; Jesus' mother Mary, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.

If you can't comprehend that then I will leave you to your obtuseness. I'm done discussing this.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
You keep claiming that Mary, the mother of Jesus and Mary the wife of Clopas are the same person, and that simply is not true. John 19:25 shows them to be two different people. And it would have been redundant for John to have referred to Mary the mother of Jesus in two different ways in the same sentence in which he is stating the women who were standing by the cross.

The Gospels speak of three Mary's at the cross; Jesus' mother Mary, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.

If you can't comprehend that then I will leave you to your obtuseness. I'm done discussing this.
Mike555 wrote...….. You keep claiming that Mary, the mother of Jesus and Mary the wife of Clopas are the same person, and that simply is not true.

The Anointed...….. Sorry young fellow, but Mary the mother of Jesus later married Cleophas who is also called Alpheaus, the father of James the younger, who is the brother of Jesus, born of the same womb and the first to sit on the episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision in Jerusalem.

Mike555 wrote...….. John 19:25 shows them to be two different people.

The Anointed...…… Only according to the punctuation that was added by the authorities of the Roman church in the 15th century.

The punctuation added by the church in the 15th century; "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, (Comma) and his mother's sister, (Comma) Mary the wife of Cleophas, (Comma) and Mary Magdalene." This is Incorrect as it makes it appear that four women are being mentioned, when all the Gospels reveal that there were only two women by the name Mary at the cross , the burial, and the empty tomb of Jesus, and they are, Mary the mother of Jesus, Joseph, and James, and her close relative, Mary Magdalene.

Knowing that the Gospels all reveal that there were only two women by the name Mary at the cross, the burial, and the empty tomb of Jesus, John 19: 25 should now read; "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, (Comma) Mary the wife of Cleopas and Mary Magdalene." This is Correct. As we shall later see, only two women by the name MARY, were at the cross, the burial, and the empty tomb of Jesus, and they are Mary the mother of Jesus and her sister-in-law, who are Mary the wife of Cleophas and Mary Magdalene, who is thought to be the sister of Cleophas.

The church that added the current punctuation in John 19: 25, in the 15th century, was the same church who in Luke 3: 23; added the interpolation in Brackets (AS WAS SUPPOSED) in order to cast doubt of the human parentage of Jesus.

It was the same mob who changed the original words of Luke 3:22; from "You are my Son, THIS DAY I have begotten thee," to "You are my beloved son in whom I am well pleased." This was done to blind the poor gullible souls to the fact that Jesus did not become the chosen heir and successor to the throne of the Most High in the creation, until the day he was Baptised, when the spirit of the Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; “You are my son, THIS DAY I have begotten thee.”

In Luke 3: 22; (In place of “Thou art my beloved son in who I am well pleased.”) The following authorities of the second, third, and fourth centuries read, “This day I have begotten thee,” vouched for by Codex D, and the most ancient copies of the old latin (a, b. c. ff.I), by Justin Martyr (AD 140), Clemens Alex, (AD. 190), Methodius (AD. 290), among the Greeks. And among the Latins, Lactaitius (AD 300), Hilary (AD) Juvencus (AD. 330), Faustus (AD. 400) and Augustine. All these oldest manuscripts were changed completely. They now read, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased.” Whereas the original variant was, “Thou art my Son. This day I have begotten thee.”

Mike555 wrote...….. And it would have been redundant for John to have referred to Mary the mother of Jesus in two different ways in the same sentence in which he is stating the women who were standing by the cross.

The Anointed……… And the women who were standing by the cross, were, ”His mother and his mother’s sister, (COMMA) Mary the wife of Cleophas and Mary Magdalene.

Mike555 wrote...….. The Gospels speak of three Mary's at the cross; Jesus' mother Mary, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.

The Anointed……… the GOSPElS (Plural)! Please reveal to all on this forum, where the ‘GOSPELS’ speak of three women by the name Mary at the cross, the burial, or the empty tomb of Jesus? You cannot, you poor deceived soul.

Luke 24: 10; does not name the women at the cross of Jesus, nor does he name the women at the burial of Jesus, but he does name the two women by the name “Mary,” who went to the empty tomb on Sunday morning and they were Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James (The brother of the Lord.)

Mark 15: 40; mentions the name of the two women at the cross of Jesus, by the name Mary, as Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James the younger and Joseph, two of the brothers of Jesus who were born of the same womb as he.

Mark 15: 47; Then goes on to say, that the two women by the name Mary, who watched the burial of Jesus, were Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joseph, the second son of Mary who was sired by Joseph the son of Jacob, the first husband of Mary.

Then at the empty tomb, Mark 16: 1; identifies the two women by the name Mary at the empty tomb of Jesus, as, Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James the younger, whose father was Alphaeus, who is also called ‘Cleophas.’

Matthew 27: 56 reveals the names of two of the women at the cross of Jesus and they are, Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, two of the three biological sons of Mary.

Then in 27: 61; Matthew identifies the two women who witnessed the burial of Jesus, as Mary Magdalene and the “OTHER” Mary. By saying the “OTHER” Mary, he reveals that there are only two women present by the name Mary, not three or more, but only two, and that the “OTHER” Mary he is referring to is Mary the mother of James and Joseph, who he already stated was at his cross.

Matthew reinforces this by stating that at the empty tomb of Jesus, the only two women present by the name Mary, were Mary Magdalene and the “OTHER” Mary, who we know from Matthew 27: 56; to be Mary the biological mother of Jesus, Joseph and James the younger.

John 19: 25; Reveals who those two women by the name Mary are and what their relationship to each other is, when he says, “Standing close to the cross of Jesus, were his mother and his mother’s sister, COMMA (And they are), Mary the wife of Cleophas (Who is also called in the Aramiac, Alpheaus the father of James the younger, and in Hebrew Joseph) and her sister (Close relative) Mary Magdalene.

Mike555 wrote...….. If you can't comprehend that then I will leave you to your obtuseness. I'm done discussing this.

The Anointed……… Of course you are now done discussing this. Because it’s now time for you to go into your closet and lick your wounds, and make the decision whether to continue to wallow in your ignorance to the truth as revealed in the holy Scriptures and remain under the deception of the ridiculous lies of the saints of the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine, or turn to the words of the Lord as spoken through the mouth of his chosen Prophet, the man Jesus.

Last edited by The Anointed; 08-01-2019 at 03:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity