Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 08:02 AM

846 posts, read 610,083 times

Advertisements

Awhile back I worked with this gentlemen who lost his twin girls to a drunk driver. My spouse’s co worker lost her husband recently and she is grief stricken. People I know closely struggle daily with chronic afflictions such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s. These instances are horrible and we all know someone who is suffering or has endured incredible loss. Many of us are going through terrible challenges right now.

Why do these tragedies happen? God has cursed His creation and has allowed sin to consume the world. You cannot deny or brush off this known truth. We are all witnesses to it. God is very serious about sin. Don’t play the fool and take God’s wrath seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 08:14 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Awhile back I worked with this gentlemen who lost his twin girls to a drunk driver. My spouse’s co worker lost her husband recently and she is grief stricken. People I know closely struggle daily with chronic afflictions such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s. These instances are horrible and we all know someone who is suffering or has endured incredible loss. Many of us are going through terrible challenges right now.

Why do these tragedies happen? God has cursed His creation and has allowed sin to consume the world. You cannot deny or brush off this known truth. We are all witnesses to it. God is very serious about sin. Don’t play the fool and take God’s wrath seriously.
Dear KJoe: You must come up Higher!

Our God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, has not cursed His creation, and is in fact the Saviour of all that has been broken and bent by one man's sin. The day of hurts will be adequately met by the One who declares>>>

The WHOLE of created life shall be delivered/set free/ emancipated from the tyranny of change and decay

Yes KJoe, the whole radical all will be delivered!

Not a few choice few, not some, the whole radical ALL, shall be delivered!

Old 08-02-2019, 08:23 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post

So you believe that those people that have suffered tragedies in their lives or struggle with chronic medical afflictions are cursed by G-d? Are they all such "sinners" that they deserve to be punished now as well as in the afterlife?

Old 08-02-2019, 09:31 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
So you believe that those people that have suffered tragedies in their lives or struggle with chronic medical afflictions are cursed by G-d? Are they all such "sinners" that they deserve to be punished now as well as in the afterlife?
this is why false teachings will soon come to an end. because every teaching isn't always from God, (Rom. 16:17-18,21 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naïve). Jehovah God's words warns us against theses false teachings ,(1Tim. 6:20-21 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith).

first!...EVERY HUMAN is a sinner, even if many believe they aren't ,(Eccles. 7:20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin). "God", didn't bring on all these troubles to mankind, Adam did. when Adam followed his wife in disobeying Jehovah God. which brought on imperfection to all humans. including sickness and death, (Rom. 5:12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned). have you ever heard this song.. "he has the whole world in his hand?" this song was in reference to God. sadly MANY don't understand, it's satan who has the world in his hand ,(1John 5:19 We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one).

this is why there are evil, wickedness, hatred, and false teachings. Many don't understand that a loving God, along with Jesus ,(since he helped with ALL creation), Never created a "HELLFIRE." people really need to do research on the origins of the "hellfire". and find out what "HELL" really is, it's in the bible. one example is in the book of Jonah. he told us what "hell" was, and it wasn't a fiery place. also Jesus NOR his Father is punishing ANY WICKED DEAD PERSON, in any "hellfire." scriptures shows why the FALSE TEACHING of an "hellfire", is just that...a false teaching!

We pay for our sins once we die ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death...). Jehovah God told Adam that eating from a certain true will bring on death, NOT a fiery place. and there's NO "SOUL" that leaves a dead body to be burned forever. because the "SOUL", is a LIVING BEING ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul). satan has blinded the minds of NOT only the "unbelievers", but also MANY who claim to "believe!"

so I agree with what you may be feeling, and so does Jehovah God and Jesus. this is why soon, they're going to do away with wicked people, satan, death and sickness ,(Rev. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away”). and (Psa. 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).

Old 08-02-2019, 09:41 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Kmom: My dear lady you are a treasure. Your posts stand among some of the finest I have beheld on Christian threads in the past 30 years. I am placing this post of yours on other boards with full credits to you (not that anyone would think for a nano-second Rosey could write like this!)

Thank you for being my friend.

God is love and he that dwells in love dwells in God.
You are way too kind!!!! So much wisdom and heartfelt posts from so many on this Christianity board. I really enjoy it, and the fundies too because I like a good debate. I wish there were "like" buttons for posts, but I"m still figuring out how this works.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:35 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
You are way too kind!!!! So much wisdom and heartfelt posts from so many on this Christianity board. I really enjoy it, and the fundies too because I like a good debate. I wish there were "like" buttons for posts, but I"m still figuring out how this works.
Dear Kmom: do you see that little thingy on the bottom left side? Simply press it on a post in which you appreciate. Shazam!

The problem=You must spread the kudos around.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:11 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
The reason hell is such a dangerous doctrine is because we become exactly like the God we worship (this is another thread on the Religion discussion as well). If we worship a God who tortures people endlessly for finite transgressions, that has a way of changing who we are in a very ugly way. If we worship a God who is love, who forgives seventy times seven and then some, who doesn't leave us or abandon us no matter where we go, who loves enemies, who tells us not to judge, who is the perfect love that casts out fear...then that weaves its way into who we are and how we act.

And you cannot just "read his word and understand his decrees." First of all, his "word" is the living Christ, not a book, and reading and understanding require interpretation, which is always through a veil of psychological projection, cultural influences, personal biases, IQ, and God knows what else, so it's never that easy. Thousands of biblical experts and theologians throughout the centuries have been wrong too many times to list.
Outstanding post! Thank you kmom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

Dear Kmom: That my dear lady, is an exquisite word of truth. Much thanks!
Amen!

Old 08-02-2019, 12:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
The reason hell is such a dangerous doctrine is because we become exactly like the God we worship (this is another thread on the Religion discussion as well). If we worship a God who tortures people endlessly for finite transgressions, that has a way of changing who we are in a very ugly way. If we worship a God who is love, who forgives seventy times seven and then some, who doesn't leave us or abandon us no matter where we go, who loves enemies, who tells us not to judge, who is the perfect love that casts out fear...then that weaves its way into who we are and how we act.

And you cannot just "read his word and understand his decrees." First of all, his "word" is the living Christ, not a book, and reading and understanding requires interpretation, which is always through a veil of psychological projection, cultural influences, personal biases, IQ, and God knows what else, so it's never that easy. Thousands of biblical experts and theologians throughout the centuries have been wrong too many times to list.
Eternal punishment is a corrupt tree, a false teaching of man which brings forth evil fruit. It fosters a self-righteous and vindictive spirit within those professing to be Christian. Like the pagan gods, it rules by threat and intimidation for there is nothing good or loving about it.

An appeal to the reader, examine your own heart as to the nature of God's love and his judgments.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Outstanding post! Thank you kmom.
Amen!
Thank you, Mystic!

Old 08-02-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Eternal punishment is a corrupt tree, a false teaching of man which brings forth evil fruit. It fosters a self-righteous and vindictive spirit within those professing to be Christian. Like the pagan gods, it rules by threat and intimidation for there is nothing good or loving about it.

An appeal to the reader, examine your own heart as to the nature of God's love and his judgments.
Exactly! The way I see it, it is all about the fruit. A good tree produces good fruit. I'm glad Jesus gave us this test because it's never failed me yet. So much suffering has come from actions motivated by the damaged psyche produced by the doctrine of eternal torment. I'm sure Middle Ages Christians probably figured that God is going to burn people in hell, so what's so bad about burning someone at the stake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity