Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 12:57 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times

Advertisements

Fortunately, what Jesus accomplished applies to ALL people which is why it is "Good tidings of great joy to all people." However, gaining the full benefit in your life from knowledge of it IS dependent on hearing about Him and believing Him enough to follow His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when you fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 12:29 AM

332 posts, read 84,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Fortunately, what Jesus accomplished applies to ALL people which is why it is "Good tidings of great joy to all people." However, gaining the full benefit in your life from knowledge of it IS dependent on hearing about Him and believing Him enough to follow His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when you fail.
I agree with you on this point. Good to hear you quoting from the Bible.

Old 09-03-2022, 03:37 AM

923 posts, read 238,045 times
“All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:37 (KJV 1900)

So none appointed to salvation in Christ are ever lost or skipped over.

“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:44 (KJV 1900)

All of the lost were assigned to remain apart from Christ.

Old 09-03-2022, 08:57 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
“All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:37 (KJV 1900)

“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:44 (KJV 1900)

Not apart from their rejection of the gospel message about Christ. God doesn't reject anyone who responds positively to the gospel. God doesn't go ''eeny meeny mini mo, sorry buddy but I choose to send you to hell, but this other guy, I think I'll save him and then give him faith that he is saved.'' Calvinism is a despicable theology. And so is your obsession with constantly claiming that he does.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Not apart from their rejection of the gospel message about Christ. God doesn't reject anyone who responds positively to the gospel. God doesn't go ''eeny meeny mini mo, sorry buddy but I choose to send you to hell, but this other guy, I think I'll save him and then give him faith that he is saved.'' Calvinism is a despicable theology. And so is your obsession with constantly claiming that he does.
Only the born-again respond and none shall be lost. The others respond to their Christ idol and are never saved.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:05 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
only the born-again respond and none shall be lost. The others respond to their christ idol and are never saved.
<spit>

Hey. Maybe God will decide to send you to hell after all and you will lose your faith so that you only thought you were saved. You'd better dress appropriately. Hell just may have a dress code.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
<spit>
There is a fixed number marked out for salvation and a fixed number marked out for damnation. Nothing can change that.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:50 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:

Yep, appointed to disobey the word, the Gospel 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Pet 4:17

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

This Gospel disobedience were they appointed to ! So they were never appointed to Salvation !

Old 09-03-2022, 10:59 AM

Old 09-03-2022, 12:53 PM

553 posts, read 172,134 times
Quote:
There is a fixed number marked out for salvation and a fixed number marked out for damnation. Nothing can change that.
Then why bother wasting electrons posting here? It's all over and decided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity