Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 04:58 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
He's already doing that, and has been since he came. No waiting for anything is needed...

Hi Thor,

Jesus did receive the crown in 1914 as the signs he gave for us to recognize it began fulfillment. He has cleansed the heavens, but the earth is yet future, as we entered into the last day stretch that could last a generations life span Mat 24:34. If we are correct about that date, logically we are very near to his return to remove the wicked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 06:26 AM

732 posts, read 211,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Hi Thor,

Jesus did receive the crown in 1914 as the signs he gave for us to recognize it began fulfillment. He has cleansed the heavens, but the earth is yet future, as we entered into the last day stretch that could last a generations life span Mat 24:34. If we are correct about that date, logically we are very near to his return to remove the wicked
How can you prove it was 1914?

1 Thess 5:21 Prove all things, hold fast to that which is good.

Old 06-26-2021, 08:04 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
He's already doing that, and has been since he came. No waiting for anything is needed...

Old 06-26-2021, 01:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
What signs began in 1914?

Old 06-26-2021, 02:48 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Nothing began in 1914 (other than the beginning of WWI). The Jehovah's Witnesses had predicted that Jesus was returning then to rule the earth. Since that didn't happen, they have changed the prophecy several times. They used to say the prophecy really meant that those alive in 1914 would live to see Jesus return, but now that the youngest of those people are 107 years old, they are changing it again.

Old 06-26-2021, 11:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Nothing began in 1914 (other than the beginning of WWI). The Jehovah's Witnesses had predicted that Jesus was returning then to rule the earth. Since that didn't happen, they have changed the prophecy several times. They used to say the prophecy really meant that those alive in 1914 would live to see Jesus return, but now that the youngest of those people are 107 years old, they are changing it again.
I figured that, but thought there would be more to it. Especially, when he mentioned receiving a Crown? Of course, they changed their prophesy, it was bogus to begin with, as has been all their so called predictions. Purely, religious fanaticism, often times, unreasonable and irrational devotion to their particular group which advocates that of human destruction with the exception of themselves, like most extreme fundamentalists.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-26-2021 at 11:29 PM..

Old 06-27-2021, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
How can you prove it was 1914?

1 Thess 5:21 Prove all things, hold fast to that which is good.

Although that verse doesn't say for us to prove all things it certainly applies, it means to prove it to ourselves. It is a lengthy topic but in a nutshell, the appointed times of the nations would start with the removal of the King that sit on God's throne until God's representative would sit on Jehovah's throne once again. That period was prophesied to be 7 times. Jehovah's people computed that 7 times would equal 2520 yrs, we believe Zedekiah was removed from the throne in 607 BCE and 2520 yrs later puts it to 1914. I questioned this myself Dan, but the governing body of the day put it into print in 1879 in the Watchtower magazine, when WW#1 broke out in 1914, which was the biggest sign Jesus gave, I believe they nailed it sir. Of course the rest of the signs became fulfilled as well. We believe we are at the end of the last days of this system, as do people of most faiths that I have conversed with.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:05 PM

732 posts, read 211,916 times
Quote:
Although that verse doesn't say for us to prove all things it certainly applies, it means to prove it to ourselves. It is a lengthy topic but in a nutshell, the appointed times of the nations would start with the removal of the King that sit on God's throne until God's representative would sit on Jehovah's throne once again. That period was prophesied to be 7 times. Jehovah's people computed that 7 times would equal 2520 yrs, we believe Zedekiah was removed from the throne in 607 BCE and 2520 yrs later puts it to 1914. I questioned this myself Dan, but the governing body of the day put it into print in 1879 in the Watchtower magazine, when WW#1 broke out in 1914, which was the biggest sign Jesus gave, I believe they nailed it sir. Of course the rest of the signs became fulfilled as well. We believe we are at the end of the last days of this system, as do people of most faiths that I have conversed with.
The Kingdom was established when Christ made His church, they are same thing. Rev.1:9 John said he was "IN" the kingdom, how can he be in the kingdom when it hadn't been established until 1914? Either the inspired writer John lied to us all or you are lying, which is it?

Old 07-03-2021, 05:30 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
The Kingdom was established when Christ made His church, they are same thing. Rev.1:9 John said he was "IN" the kingdom, how can he be in the kingdom when it hadn't been established until 1914? Either the inspired writer John lied to us all or you are lying, which is it?
That is not saying the kingdom started in 1914, it has reference to the 7 “times” that pass

And we see the 7 “times” in a variety of places

Jericho

Jos 6:1**Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
Jos 6:2**And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
Jos 6:3**And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
Jos 6:4**And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.
Jos 6:5**And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.
Jos 6:6**And Joshua the son of Nun called the priests, and said unto them, Take up the ark of the covenant, and let seven priests bear seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark of the LORD.

Daniel

Dan 4:13**I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;
Dan 4:14**He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:
Dan 4:15**Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts in the grass of the earth:
Dan 4:16**Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.
Dan 4:17**This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.
Dan 4:18**This dream I king Nebuchadnezzar have seen. Now thou, O Belteshazzar, declare the interpretation thereof, forasmuch as all the wise men of my kingdom are not able to make known unto me the interpretation: but thou art able; for the spirit of the holy gods is in thee.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:38 AM

Quote:

John was not in the Kingdom sir, verse 1. The very verse you pointed out states very clearly he was on the Isle of Patmos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity