Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 06:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Would you say those of Mat 7:21-23 claimed Jesus as their Lord and Savior Charlie? What did they lack sir?
They claimed Him, but as we see He didn't claim them. Why? The works they claimed before Christ was not the criteria for salvation. Faith is the criteria!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 06:36 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Not a chance.

I am eternally secure through the promise of John 5:24.

Also, I have heard the voice of Jesus.

He appeared to me one night (He came behind where I was facing as I slept; so I did not see Him; but I did feel His touch), and said to me very clearly in a whisper, that He loves me very much and that He would be with me in a battle that I would be facing.
Did he tickle your ear?

Old 07-03-2021, 09:05 AM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
See Job 28:28.
Your lack of the fear of the LORD is the opposite of wisdom.
Fear of God was our species' "beginning of wisdom" during the schoolmaster stage of our evolution, but agape love of God and each other is the ultimate goal of wisdom, NOT retaining the fear of God.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
They claimed Him, but as we see He didn't claim them. Why? The works they claimed before Christ was not the criteria for salvation. Faith is the criteria!
They lacked agape love, Charlie, so no matter what they did it was as clanging cymbals!

Old 07-03-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They lacked agape love, Charlie, so no matter what they did it was as clanging cymbals!
How were they to know agape love without first believing Christ and trusting 100% in Him for their salvation and then the Holy Spirit teaching them this love?

They couldn't Mystic! Your agape love is taught over the life span of the believer and we will never perfect that love in this life.

You are putting the cart before the mule.

Old 07-03-2021, 12:10 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
No. They were the wrong works.

As it is written;

“The LORD is just in all His ways and holy in all His works.”

“Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect.”

The righteous walk in the ways of the LORD and the upright are blameless because of His works.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
No. They were the wrong works.

As it is written;

“The LORD is just in all His ways and holy in all His works.”

“Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect.”

The righteous walk in the ways of the LORD and the upright are blameless because of His works.
Nothing wrong with works for Christ! But why are you doing these works, that determines everything.

Is your total faith in Christ and what He did at Calvary for your salvation, and the works are because you love Him.

Or is your faith for salvation split between Christ and the works you do.

God will not accept half faith in His Son that gave everything for us. It's all or nothing.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:35 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with works for Christ! But why are you doing these works, that determines everything.

Is your total faith in Christ and what He did at Calvary for your salvation, and the works are because you love Him.

Or is your faith for salvation split between Christ and the works you do.

God will not accept half faith in His Son that gave everything for us. It's all or nothing.
The son is what frees you nothing else. If your not the son your a sinner and death.

“If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.” (Jesus)

“He who believes in me shall do the works I do....”(Jesus)

“The works I do in my Father’s name bear witness for me.” (Jesus)

Old 07-03-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
How were they to know agape love without first believing Christ and trusting 100% in Him for their salvation and then the Holy Spirit teaching them this love?

They couldn't Mystic! Your agape love is taught over the life span of the believer and we will never perfect that love in this life.

You are putting the cart before the mule.
Agape love is a state of mind (consciousness) that mirrors the consciousness of God. It is not necessary to achieve a "perfect agape love response" because Jesus took care of that for us. But we are all capable of having evoked in us some imperfect degree of those states of mind of the Holy Spirit that I have posted repeatedly. In fact, I would be extremely worried about you if the movie "Passion of Christ" did NOT evoke the states of mind of mercy and compassion and a host of equivalent states of mind in you, Charlie.

The mere telling of Christ's scourging and Crucifixion for our sake did the same thing for our ancestors. That is the Holy Spirit that is evoked within us and connects us with the Comforter. Our task is to live our daily lives trying to achieve as many of those Holy Spirit states of mind as possible. We certainly are NOT supposed to try to evoke the opposite states of mind in others, as you do, Charlie. That is why I am trying to get you to focus on the Good News instead of the Bad News.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:49 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Would you say those of Mat 7:21-23 claimed Jesus as their Lord and Savior Charlie? What did they lack sir?
Obedience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity