Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 01:41 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No. They lacked agape love.
See Matthew 7:21. It should be clear that they didn't do the will of the Father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
To shun evil is understanding.
Correct.

The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding (Job 28:28)

Old 07-04-2021, 04:41 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Agape love is a state of mind (consciousness) that mirrors the consciousness of God. It is not necessary to achieve a "perfect agape love response" because Jesus took care of that for us. But we are all capable of having evoked in us some imperfect degree of those states of mind of the Holy Spirit that I have posted repeatedly. In fact, I would be extremely worried about you if the movie "Passion of Christ" did NOT evoke the states of mind of mercy and compassion and a host of equivalent states of mind in you, Charlie.

The mere telling of Christ's scourging and Crucifixion for our sake did the same thing for our ancestors. That is the Holy Spirit that is evoked within us and connects us with the Comforter. Our task is to live our daily lives trying to achieve as many of those Holy Spirit states of mind as possible. We certainly are NOT supposed to try to evoke the opposite states of mind in others, as you do, Charlie. That is why I am trying to get you to focus on the Good News instead of the Bad News.
Mystic, I don't know what I'm going to do with you to show you that faith in Jesus Christ is all that matters, from that faith, I mean a dedicated faith that cannot and will not budge, will come all things needed in this life. I'll try once more in this particular subject to show you!

Immediately after Christ rejects these who claim the wonderful works in Matt. 7:21-23, carefully notice what our Lord points to in the following verses. Anytime that Jesus points out the wrong way, He immediately points to the right way, as here and always. Notice!

vs 24) Jesus now points to the wise man, not the fools He just rejected! He tells us the wise man builds his house on the ROCK!

Mystic, the Rock is Christ, the foundation is the Cross! This is where the wise man will find all that He needs by building (having true faith) his house (his life) and his house will never fall.

It is man's nature to do, he feels secure when he can do. Jesus says NO, don't do, believe in Me and let me show you how to do that will please my Father.

These men who were rejected by Christ, and there will be untold millions of them, were fools by building on their works, when they were lacking in the faith in the Rock to do those works through Him by faith, not the works they saw as right, but the works He will do through you by faith that will please the Father.

This is the way, Mystic, it's the only way you will get there, give up yourself and your abilities to do, and let Him do it by faith, giving Him all the glory.

This is crucifying yourself to the Cross, as Paul told us many times that we must do to enter the Kingdom to God. This is laying down your life to find your life in the Rock. Not your way but His way.

This is the wise man that will enter into the gates of Heaven with the angels bowing before him for he is a worthy servant, well pleasing to the Father. He was led by the Spirit and Christ all the way to the Kingdom.

Last edited by Charlie24; 07-04-2021 at 05:16 AM..

Old 07-04-2021, 04:41 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
John 12:25-26

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."

We have to give up the way of the world or we will not make it!

James 4:4

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

Plain and simple, if you don't separate yourself from the ways of this world, you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2 Cor. 6:17

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

If you claim Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and you are not doing this, you will not enter into His kingdom, period!
Jesus was always speaking of the higher Zoe kingdom a high.priest of Judaism would take, that narrow path is to enter into the holy of holies because there is no door into the holy of holies, and when Jesus speaks of the narrow path, everyone in Judaism knew what he referred to just as everyone knows that the broad way is the outer court, and the truth is in the holy place, but the life in the holy of holies is only for those individuals that are studying to be high priests of Judaism, unfortunately, you have the actually study the law, the temple, and the temple's comings and goings if you want to he a priest, and this is besides the requirements a Gentile must fulfill to become a priest.

if a Gentile doesnt offer the correct sacrificial offering demanded by God, he can never be a priest, he can call himself a priest and say God called him, but unless he offers the required sacrifices, God will never poor oil on the head of that Gentile, and unless God pours oil on his head, he can claim to be a priest all day, but he will never be a son of oil.

There are 3 kingdoms, and we are assured that the 3 sections of the temple teach us all about those 3 kingdoms.

On Rosh Hashanah every year, the 3 books are opened, and everyone's name is written in one of those 3 books.

Everyone will go to one of those 3 kingdoms whether the least or the greatest as Jesus talked about, or the intermediate.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:40 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Still doesn't cut it.

For the doing of miracles, casting out demons, and doing wonderful works in the name of Jesus isn't fruit.
Works are fruit!

I said they weren’t doing the right kind of works, right? You said no. Jesus said it requires works so I believe He is correct not you.

“Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your Heavenly Father.â€(Jesus)
“If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you. My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple.†(Jesus)

Old 07-04-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Works are fruit!

I said they weren’t doing the right kind of works, right? You said no. Jesus said it requires works so I believe He is correct not you.

“Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your Heavenly Father.â€(Jesus)
“If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you. My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple.†(Jesus)
These men and woman were told by Jesus, "Depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Yet, they believed that they had cast out demons, prophesied, and done many wonderful works in His name.

I suppose the question is whether they really did do those things.

If they did, then they did works and yet practiced iniquity on the side; and the iniquity is what condemned them.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
In Job 28:28, the fear of the LORD IS wisdom; not just the beginning of wisdom.
Quote:
To shun evil is understanding.
Quote:
Correct.

The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding (Job 28:28)
A healthy reverence, not one of damnation, ye of little understanding.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
It is identified as terror (in the English) in 2 Corinthians 5:11.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
It is identified as terror (in the English) in 2 Corinthians 5:11.
I don't have time for your ignorant beliefs, nor the interest in educating - you of little knowledge and understanding.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I don't have time for your ignorant beliefs, nor the interest in educating - you of little knowledge and understanding.
Heb 3:7, Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Heb 3:15, While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Heb 4:7, Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity