Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 07:47 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

John 12:25-26

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."

We have to give up the way of the world or we will not make it!

James 4:4

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

Plain and simple, if you don't separate yourself from the ways of this world, you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2 Cor. 6:17

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

If you claim Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and you are not doing this, you will not enter into His kingdom, period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 08:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
10"The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.” 11But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given. 12For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

very deep sense here.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:34 AM

The scripture says that this life on earth is but a vapor, here one moment and vanishes away compared to eternity.

It has been said, and rightfully so, that this life is the proving grounds that determines our eternal destiny.

The decision we make concerning Christ is the most important decision man will make in this life.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:46 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
7"and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it"
earth is not our home...

Old 07-02-2021, 08:49 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Jesus said .....``A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him and departed, leaving him half dead ..... And by chance there came down a certain priest that way, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side ...... And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed on the other side .... .... Then the good Samaritan came and help him, and Jesus later said that the neighbor is the man that fell among thieves ... Luke 11;30-36 .................... See the priest and the Levite man took the narrow path and never touched the unclean man broken on the road, where Jesus meant sometime disciples have to reach out in the world and help people who are uncleaned, and they are the neighbor who they are to love, so isolation is not part of the disciple of Christ

Old 07-02-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus said .....``A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him and departed, leaving him half dead ..... And by chance there came down a certain priest that way, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side ...... And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed on the other side .... .... Then the good Samaritan came and help him, and Jesus later said that the neighbor is the man that fell among thieves ... Luke 11;30-36 .................... See the priest and the Levite man took the narrow path and never touched the unclean man broken on the road, where Jesus meant sometime disciples have to reach out in the world and help people who are uncleaned, and they are the neighbor who they are to love, so isolation is not part of the disciple of Christ
Separation is NOT isolation! We must be in this world, we have no choice, but we must not be a part of this world. There is a huge difference.

The two who passed by "passed on the other side" going out around in the world, with the concerns of the world.

On the hand, the Samaritan did not pass around the other side with the concerns of the world but stayed on the narrow path straight to help the one in need.

The Samaritan was in the world but not part of the world having the concerns of the world as the other two.

Old 07-02-2021, 09:24 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Separation is NOT isolation! We must be in this world, we have no choice, but we must not be a part of this world. There is a huge difference.

The two who passed by "passed on the other side" going out around in the world, with the concerns of the world.

On the hand, the Samaritan did not pass around the other side with the concerns of the world but stayed on the narrow path straight to help the one in need.

The Samaritan was in the world but not part of the world having the concerns of the world as the other two.
This, again, is something you get right, Charlie. It is those things you get right that give me hope that you can be reached. You would be a formidable preacher of the Good News of God's agape love instead of your fear-mongering about a fictional eternal Hell and damnation.

Old 07-02-2021, 04:06 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This, again, is something you get right, Charlie. It is those things you get right that give me hope that you can be reached. You would be a formidable preacher of the Good News of God's agape love instead of your fear-mongering about a fictional eternal Hell and damnation.
Ain't fictional...

But you'll find out when you get there.

Of course you can avoid that fate if you will but receive the Jesus of the Bible (John 1:12, 2 Corinthians 11:3-4).

Old 07-02-2021, 04:07 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Heb 10:7, Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Old 07-02-2021, 07:26 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Ain't fictional...
But you'll find out when you get there.
Of course you can avoid that fate if you will but receive the Jesus of the Bible (John 1:12, 2 Corinthians 11:3-4).
IF it were NOT fictional, your God would be a monster worse than the Satan you also believe in. In fact, I see your doctrine of devils as the very Gospel of Satan. In fact, I am certain a Satan would love you because you drive people away from the love of God with your fear-mongering Bad News doctrine. I try to love God and each and every one of us (hard as that can be) every day and repent when I fail (which in this forum, occurs more frequently than I would like). You preach a very evil God that resembles Satan far more than the God of Jesus Christ. I have no fear of God or Jesus in my heart so your fictional threats have no impact on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity