Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 02:26 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No, stay on Deut. 32:8-9. You're just going to ignore the fact that both the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls disagree with the Masoretic text?

You can read the Septuagint for yourself. I posted it.

And I ask again. Or you going to listen to the video that I posted? You asked about Heiser, and now you can listen to him for yourself.
Michael, listen son, you are being led astray by these people on the internet with their agenda on selling books and making money, etc.

You can plainly see they are taking advantage of folks who will not read the context of scripture as I have shown you!

They invent these things for sales, you can plainly see from scripture that is NOT what this scripture is referring to. Just use your common sense and avoid these false teachers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 02:35 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Michael, listen son, you are being led astray by these people on the internet with their agenda on selling books and making money, etc.

You can plainly see they are taking advantage of folks who will not read the context of scripture as I have shown you!

They invent these things for sales, you can plainly see from scripture that is NOT what this scripture is referring to. Just use your common sense and avoid these false teachers!
First, I'm not your son. And I'm 67.

Second, I suspect that you don't have a problem with Satan being referred to as the god of this world. Why then do you have a problem with other divine beings (by divine beings I mean residents of the spirit world) being referred to gods? The Hebrew word for God/gods is elohim. And the Hebrew Bible refers to various residents of the spirit word as elohom/gods. Yahweh is an Elohim, and there are many elohim, but no other elohim is like Yahweh.

I take it you will not listen to Heiser's comments on the video.

And it is a foolish person who makes general statements about someone they know nothing about, as you are doing with Heiser.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:39 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
First, I'm not your son. And I'm 67.

Second, I suspect that you don't have a problem with Satan being referred to as the god of this world. Why then do you have a problem with other divine beings (by divine beings I mean residents of the spirit world) being referred to gods? The Hebrew word for God/gods is elohim. And the Hebrew Bible refers to various residents of the spirit word as elohom/gods. Yahweh is an Elohim, and there are many elohim, but no other elohim is like Yahweh.

I take it you will not listen to Heiser's comments on the video.

And it is a foolish person who makes general statements about someone they know nothing about, as you are doing with Heiser.
I don't need his commentary on scripture when I can plainly read it and see he is full of it!

Being 67 and the knowledge you have in scripture, and I've seen it, you should know better!

But we have never had a conversation where we agreed, probably never will!

Old 07-05-2021, 02:42 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
I have enormous difficulty resonating with minds that seem to be comfortable with the rather bizarre modes of thought depicted in these types of beliefs. I suspect indoctrination produces an acclimation over time and an accommodation to these patterns of thought as acceptable. That is probably what is responsible for the ability to reconcile obviously barbaric concepts and ideas of God within an otherwise modern-day mind. It remains puzzling to me, however.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I don't need his commentary on scripture when I can plainly read it and see he is full of it!

Being 67 and the knowledge you have in scripture, and I've seen it, you should know better!

But we have never had a conversation where we agreed, probably never will!
You can be left to your ignorance then concerning what the Bible says about the other gods.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have enormous difficulty resonating with minds that seem to be comfortable with the rather bizarre modes of thought depicted in these types of beliefs. I suspect indoctrination produces an acclimation over time and an accommodation to these patterns of thought as acceptable. That is probably what is responsible for the ability to reconcile obviously barbaric concepts and ideas of God within an otherwise modern-day mind. It remains puzzling to me, however.
You really should consider getting over yourself.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:50 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
God said about Jesus to come ; ``For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders ... And He will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, there will be no end ``Isaiah 9:6.7 ......... See they say religion and government don't mix but here is God mixing and ruling in both fields ........ What God does is look for support for His ideas and get people to pray, so God's plan will come to victory ......... Then there is the fallen angels which stir up their legalism offences, but these are not God but a defeated foe to God ...... One kind of fallen angel which is not a god, is the pale horse spirit which is a menace today, but I won't comment of their works on the forum

Old 07-05-2021, 03:25 PM

Psalm 82 God (Elohim) has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods (elohim) he holds judgment:
God has a divine council consisting of other gods. These gods are created beings (the sons of God referred to in the Hebrew Bible).

This divine council of elohim is not a reference to humans (to Hebrew judges) but to divine beings in the heavens as is made clear in Psalm 89:5-7.
Psalm 89:5 Let the heavens praise your wonders, O LORD, your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones! 6] For who in the skies can be compared to the LORD? Who among the heavenly beings is like the LORD, 7] a God greatly to be feared in the council of the holy ones, and awesome above all who are around him?
There are no Hebrew judges in the skies. These elohim. . .these gods are divine beings that were created by Yahweh.

It was a divine being. . .an elohim . . . a member of the divine council who in 1 Kings 22:20-23 came forward and said that he would be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all of the prophets of Ahab in order to entice him to go up and die at Ramoth-gilead.

God doesn't need a divine council but it pleases him to use one and to let the members of that divine council have a part in God's plans. God asked the members of his divine council to come up with a way to send Ahab to his death as it was time for him to die.

Starting with verse 19,
1 Kings 22:19 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 20] and the LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another 21] Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, ‘I will entice him.22] And the LORD said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’
In Daniel 4 we see that it was by the decree of the angelic watchers. . .members of the divine council, that Nebuchadnezzar be driven mad for a time. Daniel 4:16-17.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-05-2021 at 04:55 PM..

Old 07-05-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
it is still the same.
"Then he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? But now I will return to fight against the prince of Persia; and when I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come."
Yes we see in Daniel 10 that Michael, one of the chief princes, came to the aid of another angel who had been delayed in coming to Daniel by the prince of Persia (a divine being) for 21 days.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:56 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Yes we see in Daniel 10 that Michael, one of the chief princes came to the aid of another angel who had been delayed in coming to Daniel by the prince of Persia (a divine being) for 21 days.
Yes, I agree with the meaning of these about the nations and the gods, princes, hierarchies

This all factors into the as in heaven so on earth

What is bound in one is reflected in the other

To do with the “image” “images” which is picked up in the NT as well, regarding the judgement, which also relates to timing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity