Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 06:00 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times

Advertisements

I have heard this over and over. There is no room in heaven for sinners. Your either holy or a sinner.

Jesus made no bones about it.

He said ; “Sin because they do not believe in me.”

If your a sinner you do not believe as I have been telling you. Following Paul has derailed your way!

“No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.”

“The one who comes from above is above all. He who belongs to the world thinks like the world and speaks in a worldly way. The one who comes from heaven is above all. He testifies to what he has seen and heard but no one believes him. If anyone does believe they render the truth of God.” (John3)

Are you a sinner?

Be like the prophets and be blameless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 06:11 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I have heard this over and over. There is no room in heaven for sinners. Your either holy or a sinner.

Jesus made no bones about it.

He said ; “Sin because they do not believe in me.”

If your a sinner you do not believe as I have been telling you. Following Paul has derailed your way!

“No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.”

“The one who comes from above is above all. He who belongs to the world thinks like the world and speaks in a worldly way. The one who comes from heaven is above all. He testifies to what he has seen and heard but no one believes him. If anyone does believe they render the truth of God.” (John3)

Are you a sinner?

Be like the prophets and be blameless!
Free, I would agree with you about Paul if not for this one passage of scripture.

Acts 9:10-16

"And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake."

Therefore, I have no choice but to reject your theology that excludes Paul as a servant of God!

Old 07-23-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Free, I would agree with you about Paul if not for this one passage of scripture.

Acts 9:10-16

"And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake."

Therefore, I have no choice but to reject your theology that excludes Paul as a servant of God!
Yeah but Jesus rejects Paul here;

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them.”

Paul only quoted Jesus in reference to the last supper. Jesus also said to abide in His word and to use it. He sent His genuine followers as He was sent.

Paul derailed Jesus’ commission. Though Jesus knew it would happen and that it would be a period of time before someone actually followed Him.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah but Jesus rejects Paul here;

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them.”

Paul only quoted Jesus in reference to the last supper. Jesus also said to abide in His word and to use it. He sent His genuine followers as He was sent.

Paul derailed Jesus’ commission. Though Jesus knew it would happen and that it would be a period of time before someone actually followed Him.
That's not true, Free! Paul was more faithful than any of the twelve, and accomplished much more.

You can reject him if you will, but at your own peril. I will not reject the chosen of God, seeing that the Gospel came to us through his ministry.

I know you won't change your mind on this, but don't expect any, not a single fundamentalist to accept your theology!

Old 07-23-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
That's not true, Free! Paul was more faithful than any of the twelve, and accomplished much more.

You can reject him if you will, but at your own peril. I will not reject the chosen of God, seeing that the Gospel came to us through his ministry.

I know you won't change your mind on this, but don't expect any, not a single fundamentalist to accept your theology!
I understand how hard it is to throw out all of Paul’s writings. I use to believe that way too.

But If a person rejects using His word then He rejects them.

“Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will reject him on the last day.”

Old 07-23-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I understand how hard it is to throw out all of Paul’s writings. I use to believe that way too.

But If a person rejects using His word then He rejects them.

“Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will reject him on the last day.”
Jesus was the last Prophet under the Law, He taught the Law, He had no choice but to teach the Law.

After His death the New Covenant was sealed and enforced. It was Paul that Christ chose to show us how the Law was fulfilled in Christ and we are free from the demands of the Law by faith in Christ.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Jesus was the last Prophet under the Law, He taught the Law, He had no choice but to teach the Law.

After His death the New Covenant was sealed and enforced. It was Paul that Christ chose to show us how the Law was fulfilled in Christ and we are free from the demands of the Law by faith in Christ.
Not so. Jesus wants us all to be prophets.

If you actually do what He said you’ll see.

The law is not as Paul taught.

As my brother David said; “Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth.”

Jesus described the truth as God’s word and David as well. So we can see what Paul couldn’t but Jesus could that the law was and is the word of God.

Jesus said what makes righteous men here;

“He who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”

So if you do this you will have faith and live.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Not so. Jesus wants us all to be prophets.

If you actually do what He said you’ll see.

The law is not as Paul taught.

As my brother David said; “Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth.”

Jesus described the truth as God’s word and David as well. So we can see what Paul couldn’t but Jesus could that the law was and is the word of God.

Jesus said what makes righteous men here;

“He who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”

So if you do this you will have faith and live.
Christ fulfilled the entire Law for us and by faith in Him we are keeping the Law.

This is what Paul taught and it was given to him by Christ Himself.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to its neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:48 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to its neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity