Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 07:37 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to post this as a sort of rebuttal to the OP - in case people watch that and want to indict the entire church for being loveless.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 09:37 AM

11,109 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Notice here how those who love to post and throw out scripture become suddenly quiet, and look the other way? That's highly self-indicting. And don't think for a second that that escapes God and isn't noticed by him.

Look at those Jesus paid especially attention to: the poor, the lame, people with medical conditions. Like he said, he didn't come for the rich and successful, he came for the poor and rejected. A doctor doesn't come for the healthy; he comes for those who need attention. And if we're real and honest with ourselves, none of us are perfectly healthy. We all have areas needing a spiritual doctor.

But look around most churches, and you'll see the opposite. Churches support those who look good, are successful, and "have it all together". Since they're into image and superficiality, that's what they chase after. They don't understand anyone the opposite, so their teaching and message is opposite Christ's. It's a lie from hell, and they'll do anything to avoid looking at that admitting it. Most churches are no different from country clubs, with their elite membership, staying behind their walls, seeking the comfort and safety of all being alike and as clones. No challenge, no learning, no advancing, and no benefit to those important to Christ as he showed and revealed to all. No amount of lip service to God, and attaching religious labels and names, can save that. Even above we have an example of not learning from this, and instead digging in deeper to obscure and shield the spiritual crimes of churches.

You want to know why so many reject Christianity? Because they see the hypocrisy and gaping discrepancies between the actions of bogus "Christians", and the basics of Jesus' teachings (which are known to most). Bogus "Christians" (CINOs - Christians in Name Only) are the main reason for many not seeking him, and are the biggest stumbling blocks around.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 07-28-2021 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-28-2021, 12:12 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Notice here how those who love to post and throw out scripture become suddenly quiet, and look the other way? That's highly self-indicting. And don't think for a second that that escapes God and isn't noticed by him.

Look at those Jesus paid especially attention to: the poor, the lame, people with medical conditions. Like he said, he didn't come for the rich and successful, he came for the poor and rejected. A doctor doesn't come for the healthy; he comes for those who need attention. And if we're real and honest with ourselves, none of us are perfectly healthy. We all have areas needing a spiritual doctor.

But look around most churches, and you'll see the opposite. Churches support those who look good, are successful, and "have it all together". Since they're into image and superficiality, that's what they chase after. They don't understand anyone the opposite, so their teaching and message is opposite Christ's. It's a lie from hell, and they'll do anything to avoid looking at that admitting it. Most churches are no different from country clubs, with their elite membership, staying behind their walls, seeking the comfort and safety of all being alike and as clones. No challenge, no learning, no advancing, and no benefit to those important to Christ as he showed and revealed to all. No amount of lip service to God, and attaching religious labels and names, can save that. Even above we have an example of not learning from this, and instead digging in deeper to obscure and shield the spiritual crimes of churches.

You want to know why so many reject Christianity? Because they see the hypocrisy and gaping discrepancies between the actions of bogus "Christians", and the basics of Jesus' teachings (which are known to most). Bogus "Christians" (CINOs - Christians in Name Only) are the main reason for many not seeking him, and are the biggest stumbling blocks around.
That excuse won't hold water when they stand before God! If everyone in the crowd jumps off a cliff to their death, are you going to follow, hopefully not.

The same with the Lord's church! He has called us to faith and service no matter what the rest are doing. Every man and woman judged on their own actions, regardless of their surroundings.

Let the hypocrites be hypocrites, and let those that love the Lord, let them love the Lord!

No excuses will be found for any of us!

Old 07-28-2021, 12:35 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
................. Not that they don't love the things of the Lord, but we have been so blessed by God we don't even take the time to relate to the circumstances of others.
So, it is No wonder Jesus gave us the story to think about the neighborly good Samaritan.- Luke 10:29-37
When possible we should help on a one-on-one basis as that Samaritan man did.
We are to broaden out, widen out, in showing agape' love to someone in real need.
Jesus set the example at Luke 4:43 to put spiritual interests first.
That is why Jesus instructed to tell others about the good news of God's Kingdom ( Daniel 2:44 )
Because acting and praying for God's kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) is the lasting solution - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

Old 07-28-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
That excuse won't hold water when they stand before God! If everyone in the crowd jumps off a cliff to their death, are you going to follow, hopefully not.
The same with the Lord's church! He has called us to faith and service no matter what the rest are doing. Every man and woman judged on their own actions, regardless of their surroundings.
Let the hypocrites be hypocrites, and let those that love the Lord, let them love the Lord! No excuses will be found for any of us!
I find when the living ' sheep ' on Earth at the soon coming time of Jesus' Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 - the people are judged on how they treated Jesus' brothers '(verse 40).

As for the already dead, they have paid the price for their sins by their death - Romans 6:23,7.
As with Adam, there is No post-mortem penalty, No double jeopardy just the loss of life.
What a person does ' after ' they are resurrected will determine their 'everlasting life' or not - Acts 24:15.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find when the living ' sheep ' on Earth at the soon coming time of Jesus' Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 - the people are judged on how they treated Jesus' brothers '(verse 40).

As for the already dead, they have paid the price for their sins by their death - Romans 6:23,7.
As with Adam, there is No post-mortem penalty, No double jeopardy just the loss of life.
What a person does ' after ' they are resurrected will determine their 'everlasting life' or not - Acts 24:15.
"What a person does ' after ' they are resurrected will determine their 'everlasting life' or not - Acts 24:15."

Can't agree with that, Matthew! The prime example is Luke 16 when the rich man died and was buried, "and in hell he lifted his eyes being in torments."

It's what we do with Christ in this life that determines "everlasting life" or the "second death," which the rich man faced.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Yes, I can agree about 'hypocrisy and discrepancies' because of the actions of bogus 'fake weed/tares' Christians.
Before Jesus comes (Matthew 25:31-33) 'religious waters' (aka people) will dry up spiritually - Rev. 16:12; 17:1 B; 17:15
Unlike such 'waters', we are to lift up our heads as instructed at Luke 21:28.
The nations, media uproar, will hate the remaining genuine ' wheat ' Christians.
Their goal to eliminate religion will Not have been accomplished.
Their vicious all-out attack will Not succeed for God will give life-saving instructions at that time - Psalm 34:19
And the 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth' will rid the Earth of such haters.- Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15.
The figurative humble living ' sheep ' will be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' thousand-year governmental reign over Earth begin with the prospect of gaining everlasting life on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Old 07-28-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
"What a person does ' after ' they are resurrected will determine their 'everlasting life' or not - Acts 24:15."
Can't agree with that, Matthew! The prime example is Luke 16 when the rich man died and was buried, "and in hell he lifted his eyes being in torments."...............
I find many people forget that Luke chapter 16 is a parable, an illustrative story, and Not a real happening.

Jesus taught in death there is No lifting up of eyes, but eyes shut as in ' sleep ' - ( John 11:11-14 <- a real happening )
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep ' in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5

Biblical hell comes to a final end according to Rev. 20:13-14.
After everyone is ' delivered up ' ( resurrected out of hell/grave) then emptied-out hell/grave is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell/grave.

When KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that wrongly put flames in death.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were: destroyed.
So, it is No wonder Scripture teaches the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
Even wicked sinner Satan will be: destroyed forever - Hebrews 2:14 B.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find many people forget that Luke chapter 16 is a parable, an illustrative story, and Not a real happening.

Jesus taught in death there is No lifting up of eyes, but eyes shut as in ' sleep ' - ( John 11:11-14 <- a real happening )
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep ' in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5

Biblical hell comes to a final end according to Rev. 20:13-14.
After everyone is ' delivered up ' ( resurrected out of hell/grave) then emptied-out hell/grave is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell/grave.

When KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that wrongly put flames in death.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were: destroyed.
So, it is No wonder Scripture teaches the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
Even wicked sinner Satan will be: destroyed forever - Hebrews 2:14 B.
OK, if you're living in that make believe world of scripture, there is nothing we can accomplish.

Just pass it off, whatever it is if it doesn't agree with you theology. You can never be wrong that way, right!

Old 07-28-2021, 05:12 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just wanted to post this as a sort of rebuttal to the OP - in case people watch that and want to indict the entire church for being loveless.

I think the video in the OP is exaggerated. The one you posted seems more realistic. Kudos to those people who gave him some money. I have no respect for people who feel the need to talk about themselves when they are trying to help someone. By that, I mean taking it as an opportunity to discuss their beliefs without a second thought that they are talking to an actual person with their own beliefs. What if that guy was Jewish or Buddhist or an atheist? How would you feel if someone offered you a book by Dawkins as a way to ease your suffering?

Example of this. I was having a really bad day dealing with a death. I pulled over on this side street and melted down. Someone saw me and came out of their door and asked me if I was OK. I sat there crying and thanked her for asking me because no one had asked me that since this started and no I wasn't OK. She then starts handing me a pamphlet and going on for a good 15 minutes about God. I spent the rest of the time listening to her beliefs as I cried. I thanked her and took the pamphlet when she had finished what she had to say. She thought God had lead her to me to help me. I let her have that one. It was nice to have someone at least ask (so not worth a 15-minute sermon tho) but she ended up using me to make herself feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity