Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 05:23 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times

Advertisements

^ Why you reposting your video again? We got it the first time in post #11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 05:38 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
OK, if you're living in that make-believe world of scripture, there is nothing we can accomplish.
Just pass it off, whatever it is if it doesn't agree with you theology. You can never be wrong that way, right!
You just broke another irony meter with that one, Charlie. You have to stop doing that!

Old 07-28-2021, 05:46 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You just broke another irony meter with that one, Charlie. You have to stop doing that!
If your irony meter survives you I'm sure it can handle Charlie.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
We're going to teach you the truth of scripture in time, Mystic!

One day the bell is going to sound off and you're going to quit playing these games and get serious about Christ and the scripture!

Old 07-28-2021, 06:09 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:

One day the bell is going to sound off and you're going to quit playing these games and get serious about Christ and the scripture!
Who is "we" Charlie?

Old 07-28-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:

I am dead serious about Christ as the ONLY source of Truth, Charlie. Your reliance on the rationalizations, excuses, explanations and preposterous expectations about the content of the Bible is beyond the pale. You and JBF have exceeded all my prior beliefs about the intransigence of fundies.

You two are so committed to our ancestors' convoluted interpretations of a wrathful, vengeful God that you are impervious to any and all reason and rationalizations that proceed from a loving God using the SAME scripture. It does not seem to bother you at all that your views are the antithesis of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ Himself! Astounding!

Old 07-28-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I am dead serious about Christ as the ONLY source of Truth, Charlie. Your reliance on the rationalizations, excuses, explanations and preposterous expectations about the content of the Bible is beyond the pale. You and JBF have exceeded all my prior beliefs about the intransigence of fundies.

You two are so committed to our ancestors' convoluted interpretations of a wrathful, vengeful God that you are impervious to any and all reason and rationalizations that proceed from a loving God using the SAME scripture. It does not seem to bother you at all that your views are the antithesis of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ Himself! Astounding!
Neck deep in false doctrine, this is why I called jbf in to help get things in order for those who want to get in order with the truth.

The most important thing taking place on this earth right now and until Christ returns, is the truth of His salvation.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Neck deep in false doctrine, this is why I called jbf in to help get things in order for those who want to get in order with the truth.

The most important thing taking place on this earth right now and until Christ returns, is the truth of His salvation.
But you are confusing the TRUTH of His salvation for us with the inferred MOTIVE of God based on our ignorant ancient ancestors' belief in a wrathful vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices. THEY WERE WRONG, Charlie! God is NOT wrathful nor vengeful, and NEVER needed ANY sacrifices to forgive us for anything! God wanted us to recognize that ALL material creation is part of and belongs to God. It exists so we can reproduce God's consciousness and we should treat it as we should God Himself.

It is well past time we outgrew that childish and primitive interpretation of God's motivations toward His children. Any and all spiritual consequences we encounter will be ENTIRELY the product of our own doing. They are NOT imposed by God as punishments or rewards. Jesus removed the need to be perfect by being perfect for us. The rest is up to us. What we build on the foundation of agape love and reconciliation He laid for us is on us. We are to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail, period!

Old 07-28-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
But you are confusing the TRUTH of His salvation for us with the inferred MOTIVE of God based on our ignorant ancient ancestors' belief in a wrathful vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices. THEY WERE WRONG, Charlie! God is NOT wrathful nor vengeful, and NEVER needed ANY sacrifices to forgive us for anything! God wanted us to recognize that ALL material creation is part of and belongs to God. It exists so we can reproduce God's consciousness and we should treat it as we should God Himself.

It is well past time we outgrew that childish and primitive interpretation of God's motivations toward His children. Any and all spiritual consequences we encounter will be ENTIRELY the product of our own doing. They are NOT imposed by God as punishments or rewards. Jesus removed the need to be perfect by being perfect for us. The rest is up to us. What we build on the foundation of agape love and reconciliation He laid for us is on us. We are to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail, period!
Sounds like to me your argument is with Jesus! If I remember correctly He was the One who did all that damnation preaching you hate so much.

Let me know how that conversation went, Mystic. I'm sure you can put Him in His place!

Old 07-28-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Sounds like to me your argument is with Jesus! If I remember correctly He was the One who did all that damnation preaching you hate so much.
Let me know how that conversation went, Mystic. I'm sure you can put Him in His place!
Your problem, Charlie, is that you are waiting for Jesus to return but He is already here with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." You keep looking in the wrong place for the Truth and you ignore Jesus completely. You will regret that error, Charlie.

What you call threats of damnation were just warnings to our ignorant savage ancestors using the only thing they would be afraid of to motivate them from their savagery to agape love and repentance. You should be beyond any need for such savage motivation, Charlie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity