Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 05:10 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Why do you find it so hard to accept the existence of demons and fallen angels, and Satan?
If that guy's book gets turned into a movie I am there.

If they have figured out how to text then they can figure out a message board as well. How do we know you're not a demon Mike? We could get a game of clue going.

The sect I grew up in nailed the demon phobia thing really hard. I don't believe in them anymore but I love anything scary. My body now interprets that physical sensation of fear as excitement. It's the same thing as a really good storm where you feel newly alive like Frankenstein's Monster because of all the electricity in the air.

Not to make a joke but to make a joke...who taught these demons how to text? It's not like they have demon grandkids to show them? It is absurd to me that we should say something like "they figured it out". These are millennia-old high-ranking beings. Are we being consistent if we attribute learning to text so they can act like a crazy ex to a random priest?

I had sleep paralysis back before it was known what that was. I experienced a demon in my dream state yet was totally aware. My mom found out about it and you can guess the rest. It never made sense that a demon would mess with me. I was not paradise material so I was as good as dead. They couldn't "draw me away from Jehovah". It seemed to me scaring the crap out of me would send me running and pleading before Jehovah. That's the opposite of what they were said to be trying to accomplish.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 09-28-2021 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: cleaning up my grammer in case JimmiJ shows up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 05:11 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is this what you believe - that demons are now sending text messages?
I am constantly surprised by posts here, Jer!

Old 09-28-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am constantly surprised by posts here, Jer!
lean
lean in

that's how the willow survives

:: Mazalene has left the chat

Old 09-28-2021, 05:48 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Poor Catholic church. Now they've got demons being sent to church members by phone.

Get those phones to the confession booth ASAP! Or, better yet, toss them in a fire pit.

Moving forward, download the Anti-Demon app.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-28-2021 at 06:13 PM..

Old 09-28-2021, 06:49 PM

234 posts, read 99,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
[to MysticPhd]-Why do you find it so hard to accept the existence of demons and fallen angels, and Satan?

I think we all need to regard those terms as oldfashioned and use more modern scientific terms, and yes they might use texts to worm their way into peoples minds.
For example we could call demons "invisible malignant mind-parasites" that seek to lodge in victims minds and bend his/her will to their own-
"Evil spirit...When it arrives, it finds the house [human mind] unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there." (Matt 12:43-45)

As for Satan, we could regard him as a mass of "spiritual pollutant" sloshing around the world infecting anybody it touches and messing them up-
"Satan prowls round like a roaring lion" (1 Pet 5:8 )

It's said that Satan's greatest victory has been to convince people he doesn't exist, therefore they're easy meat for him.
But Christians do believe in his/its existence and are therefore better able to defend against him-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

Old 09-28-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
I think we all need to regard those terms as oldfashioned and use more modern scientific terms, and yes they might use texts to worm their way into peoples minds.
For example we could call demons "invisible malignant mind-parasites" that seek to lodge in victims minds and bend his/her will to their own-
"Evil spirit...When it arrives, it finds the house [human mind] unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there." (Matt 12:43-45)

As for Satan, we could regard him as a mass of "spiritual pollutant" sloshing around the world infecting anybody it touches and messing them up-
"Satan prowls round like a roaring lion" (1 Pet 5:8 )

It's said that Satan's greatest victory has been to convince people he doesn't exist
, therefore they're easy meat for him.
But Christians do believe in his/its existence and are therefore better able to defend against him-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)
That was an awesome movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGo6Qm0Wt8

Old 09-28-2021, 07:04 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Just ran across this strange current event of an Exorcist, Stephen Rosetti: Stephen Rosetti of Washington,D.C., is an exorcist, licensed psychologist and counselor who is warning Catholics that demons have figured out how to send threatening text-messages to their targets. The Daily Star reported that Rosetti claims to have "three cases in which demons have texted the team and/or the family of the possessed person. All were high-value targets with high-ranking, powerful demons involved." For example, one text read, "Her torments start now, priest...all night. We will make her bleed." Rosetti points to a long history of demons influencing technology, such as flickering lights and TVs.

I was 12 years old, everything changed after that, that movie.

We had a huge garage and a 2 bedroom apartment above the garage we rented out.

When I was 13, I went into the garage and began flipping a switch on and off, on and off, back and forth.

This switch I was flipping controlled a light in the garage appartment above.

It was 1974, and the woman who was renting out the apartment was reading the Exorcist where the lights were going off and on.

I swear, I never seen anything like it, she comes barreling down those stairs screaming and screaming, falls down the stairs and is crawling so fast as to get no traction because she is so afraid.

That movie really changed me, I only watched a portion of it and it changed me forever.

I mean, it changed me in a way as to break a person, traumatizing.

Funny what belief can do to a person.

Old 09-28-2021, 07:22 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Fr. Rossetti is a credible source. I have no reason to disbelieve his accounts.

Do you believe that he is lying or that he is mistaken?

Old 09-28-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

Even if I did believe in demon's I would think he was mistaken. There are lots more plausible explanations for a weird random text.

Old 09-28-2021, 07:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

I believe it makes you gullible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity