Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 05:04 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yes, I agree

But I think what derails things is when things are taken out of context and what is preached by the religious is a salvation and kingdom for Christians only and all non-Christianity are to be either annihilated or infinitely tormented and consequently changing the gospel

Luk 2:10**And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Luk 2:11**For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luk 2:12**And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
Luk 2:13**And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Luk 2:14**Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
The gospel of Jesus is for ALL people, but not all will accept His offer of salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 05:07 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
The gospel of Jesus is for ALL people, but not all will accept His offer of salvation.
It is NOT an offer. It is a fait accompli! It is finished.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:49 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Salvation from what? For whom?

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

For me context is very important

Old 10-30-2021, 06:11 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is NOT an offer. It is a fait accompli! It is finished.
It's an offer. The only thing that is finished is the redemptive work of Christ on the cross. That doesn't automatically save you. There's the matter of personally placing your faith in Jesus at which time you are credited with the perfect righteousness of Christ. That is when you are saved from the penalty of sin. That is the biblical teaching no matter how much you reject it.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
It's an offer. The only thing that is finished is the redemptive work of Christ on the cross. That doesn't automatically save you. There's the matter of personally placing your faith in Jesus at which time you are credited with the perfect righteousness of Christ. That is when you are saved from the penalty of sin. That is the biblical teaching no matter how much you reject it.

It's the faithfulness of the Christ that saves, lest any man should boast.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:48 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

It's the faithfulness of the Christ that saves, lest any man should boast.
Jesus was faithful to carry out his mission. A person must still place his personal trust or faith in Christ to be saved.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:12 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
I don't need negativity in my life, order for me to grow.
Actually, you do. Had you never experienced pain, disappointment, heartache, illness, etc., you'd go about your daily life not fully realizing how good you had it. Negative things in our life serve a purpose.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:27 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,061,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Luk 2:10**And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Luk 2:11**For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luk 2:12**And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
Luk 2:13**And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Luk 2:14**Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Anyone else of a certain age envisioning Linus reciting this on "A Charlie Brown Christmas"?

Old 10-31-2021, 05:58 AM

12 posts, read 3,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Count me in sis.
I can see if it was a free ride you would go
but since you have to earn it, does that count you out?

Old 11-02-2021, 06:52 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[font=&quot]
the truth is the word of God, even if MANY refuse to believe. demons are very REAL! the nasty things people do or say to others... are the result of being lead by wicked spirits! I'm sent to speak of a Peaceful and a Loving world that will soon come. to those who long for it, but NEVER thought it to be even possible. Jehovah God and Jesus didn't force anyone to believe them. so we who's "hiding in a building with no windows", can't make ANYONE believe. I as with ALL of my Spiritual Family isn't looking for or expect "utopia" to be handed" to us. it's your world, if you choose NOT to believe.

but we KNOW by Jesus words, what we must do to gain eternal life. in order to see this realistic world where there will be Peace and Love. that world is here on Earth ,(Matt. 5:5). where the wicked will be NO more, (Psa. 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace). God's word doesn't LIE! and by the way, do research!... MANY of our Places of worship, has "WINDOWS!" peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity