Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 07:10 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times

Advertisements

Question! if you could chose between this world as we know it. or a world far better than what you know, where everyone would have Love. No hatred or negative feelings, peaceful, no one fearing anything or anybody. no one going hungry, or going homeless, which would you choose? peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 07:32 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Question! if you could chose between this world as we know it. or a world far better than what you know, where everyone would have Love. No hatred or negative feelings, peaceful, no one fearing anything or anybody. no one going hungry, or going homeless, which would you choose? peace

Count me in sis.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:38 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,141,478 times
That's fantasy. But we do have the choice of truth versus nonsense, the former gives us some of the peace you describe, the latter leaves us bewildered and lost. And if there is an afterlife, can't see it being available to people who've lived their lives in hatred, selfishness and lies.

Old 10-25-2021, 08:16 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Jesus prayed to the Father 'not that we be taken out of this world', so I don't think we should either, like op suggests.
Our time to do our Loving is now!

Old 10-25-2021, 09:23 AM

11,108 posts, read 7,174,871 times
I'm perfectly fine dealing with, and living in, this imperfect world. Struggle and setback are when we are tested and grow. Difficulties stretch us and teach us.

We learn much less, and tend to be rather shallow, when everything comes easy to us.

The make-or-break is when we let our minds rule us, and let obstacles ruin us. But that's a choice. We're to forge ahead no matter what, and direct our minds rather than them controlling us.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:21 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Jesus prayed to the Father 'not that we be taken out of this world', so I don't think we should either, like op suggests.
Our time to do our Loving is now!
I agree, we have this moment, nothing else is guaranteed.

Old 10-25-2021, 01:16 PM

299 posts, read 104,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post

I'm not sure, JJ. What kind of life will it be when there is little to do but reflect on the perfect blessedness of it all? When everything is blessed, nothing is blessed. It takes conflict for the terms "blessed" and "not blessed" to make sense.

I'll bet that there will be great work consisting of challenges to overcome in the next life. That implies the existence of conflict

Old 10-25-2021, 04:11 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
The bible is not clear on the outcome after the great judgment of God's creation, on the earth or God's plan for the earth ..... But God will have victory, and He will have a family that Loves Him from the humans which will be everlasting kingdom

Old 10-29-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
That's fantasy. But we do have the choice of truth versus nonsense, the former gives us some of the peace you describe, the latter leaves us bewildered and lost. And if there is an afterlife, can't see it being available to people who've lived their lives in hatred, selfishness and lies.
I understand why you feel the way that you do, I did at some point. question!... do you believe in God? and I'm not referring to an "Afterlife." I'm speaking of people today, living to see a better world. as for those who chose to live a negative lifestyle. this is what Jehovah word says, (Psa. 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth,And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).

Old 10-29-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Jesus prayed to the Father 'not that we be taken out of this world', so I don't think we should either, like op suggests. Our time to do our Loving is now!
it's NOT about "liking" my "suggestions", I didn't ask "likes", Nor do I care about things like that. I'm not here for that, I was sent to speak on Jehovah God's words. I'm sent to relate the wonderful News of the future. so I asked a very important and valid question. and what Jesus meant at (John 17:15*I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one). Jesus didn't say "I" as in himself, because he knew that he would soon leave this world. Jesus was referring to those who's following him. Jesus was showing that MANY would hate his TRUE followers simply because they don't chose to live the way the rest of the world does. peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity