Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 09:43 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times

Advertisements

“No peace for the wicked, no peace for all mankind.” (OT)

“Peace is my gift to you, my peace is my farewell to you.” (Son of man NT)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 07:25 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
So then you're refusing to pick up your 'torture stake' ??

NWT (your bible) Matthew 16:24,25 - "Then Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." I thought a good JW knows their bible?
I'm not trying to prove what I am or not, that not my purpose for being sent here. what Jesus was referring to was that whoever want to follow him. do so and NOT live as they once did. which was living as the rest of this world does. as Jesus said, they are NOT of this world ,as I am not. so what you're referring to has Nothing to do with whether I follow Jesus or NOT. typical... I asked a question to those who hungry for true happiness. and I get negative feedback, though I'm not socked. question, are you picking up your cross and following Jesus. or do you chose to follow the ways of this world? peace

Old 11-05-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
“No peace for the wicked, no peace for all mankind.” (OT) “Peace is my gift to you, my peace is my farewell to you.” (Son of man NT)
the NT also shows that there will be NO Peace for the wicked. Jesus words from the NT said this ,(Luke 12:51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division). the NT does show that the wicked won't have peace ,(2Pet. 3:7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men). but the topic wasn't about "NO Peace." it was in reference to a New World that will have Peace... for the Righteous. peace

Old 11-05-2021, 06:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
I'm not trying to prove what I am or not, that not my purpose for being sent here. what Jesus was referring to was that whoever want to follow him. do so and NOT live as they once did. which was living as the rest of this world does. as Jesus said, they are NOT of this world ,as I am not. so what you're referring to has Nothing to do with whether I follow Jesus or NOT. typical... I asked a question to those who hungry for true happiness. and I get negative feedback, though I'm not socked. question, are you picking up your cross and following Jesus. or do you chose to follow the ways of this world? peace
A person can follow the dictates of their own conscience and have true happiness.
But who sent you here; and for what purpose or reason were you sent?

Old 11-06-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A person can follow the dictates of their own conscience and have true happiness. But who sent you here; and for what purpose or reason were you sent?
but MANY follow the "dictates of their own conscience", yet are NOT happy! again... are you! picking up your cross and following Jesus, or do you chose to follow the ways of this world? Jesus was the one who send many of us.

Last edited by jojo-50; 11-06-2021 at 09:28 AM..

Old 11-06-2021, 09:46 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
"New World" is attempting to epigenetically change design of humanity that follows "I want mercy not sacrifice" God's will, new design will wipe this line as well as free will.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
A person can follow the dictates of their own conscience and have true happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
but MANY follow the "dictates of their own conscience", yet are NOT happy! again... are you! picking up your cross and following Jesus, or do you chose to follow the ways of this world? Jesus was the one who send many of us.
I don't believe that Jesus sent you to this forum? And happiness is not dependent on living in a utopia.
However, if you want to spend your time being fearful or worrying about each day, that is your choice.

Old 11-06-2021, 01:05 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
I am going to be brutally honest and say I was much happier as an agnostic. Now my conscience is forever making me feel guilty.

But I will continue to believe it is the Truth.

We are "promised" a vague sort of "joy", but I doubt the word "happiness" is mentioned in the Bible. We are also guaranteed "suffering", yay.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I am going to be brutally honest and say I was much happier as an agnostic. Now my conscience is forever making me feel guilty.

But I will continue to believe it is the Truth.

We are "promised" a vague sort of "joy", but I doubt the word "happiness" is mentioned in the Bible. We are also guaranteed "suffering", yay.
A momentary affliction should not take away your happiness or joy?

Old 11-10-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I don't believe that Jesus sent you to this forum? And happiness is not dependent on living in a utopia. However, if you want to spend your time being fearful or worrying about each day, that is your choice.
and that's fine what you don't believe, I'm not here to prove to you who sent me ANYWHERE. I'm just doing what I KNOW Jesus wanted HIS!... followers to do. and don't fool yourself, I'm not living in fear or worrying daily of anything. I have much peace, because Jehovah God and Jesus put me in that place of peace. also I know!, true happiness will come when Jehovah God and Jesus redo this world. removing ALL who's wicked and chose NOT to believe in their words. you have a wonderful day, I'm done. peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity