Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 10:31 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is a very shallow and weak faith that can not withstand interpretations from other views.
Exactly! We can all learn something from other viewpoints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 08:54 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,534,483 times
Seven episodes of Season 3 have been fully funded. Episode 8 is half-funded. So hopefully Season 3 will be released before too long.

Old 12-20-2021, 02:21 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Have been watching this - thanks to those that posted links/app tips!
It has been enjoyable watching, with some parts very moving!
Looking forward to future releases.

For me it's easy to watch on my TV - installed app on my ipad then used AirPlay to display on my Roku enabled TV.
(supposed to work with Chromecast and even $12 AnyCast/Airplay HDMI adapter from ebay or amazon if your TV isn't already enabled).

Old 12-20-2021, 07:37 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Have been watching this - thanks to those that posted links/app tips!
It has been enjoyable watching, with some parts very moving!
Looking forward to future releases.

For me it's easy to watch on my TV - installed app on my ipad then used AirPlay to display on my Roku enabled TV.
(supposed to work with Chromecast and even $12 AnyCast/Airplay HDMI adapter from ebay or amazon if your TV isn't already enabled).
My husband and I just finished watching Season 2 last night. We thought it was an absolutely AMAZING production. Every role -- and Jesus, in particular, was perfectly cast. I've got to admit that Matthew's autism was a bit annoying. Every time Matthew ***** his head to the side, I felt like was was watching "The Good Doctor," but other than that, I'd say the series is just about perfect in every way. It beat out every movie that has ever been done about Christ by about a million times. Can't want for season 3.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Seven episodes of Season 3 have been fully funded. Episode 8 is half-funded. So hopefully Season 3 will be released before too long.
Great news!!!

Old 12-24-2021, 08:36 AM

I wonder why this doesn't come up anymore when I search for The Chosen?

Old 12-24-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I wonder why this doesn't come up anymore when I search for The Chosen?
When you search for it where?

Old 12-27-2021, 08:31 AM

They plan to start filming Season 3 in March. Are finishing building a permanent set in Texas.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:

They plan to start filming Season 3 in March. Are finishing building a permanent set in Texas.
I thought they loved the set in Goshen, Utah. I'd heard a lot of great things about their experience there. Wherever they shoot, I'm SO excited!

Old 01-07-2022, 03:46 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I thought they loved the set in Goshen, Utah. I'd heard a lot of great things about their experience there. Wherever they shoot, I'm SO excited!
Wow - didn't realize that they filmed part of this in Texas.
Researched a bit and found that it was Weatherford, Texas, which is not too far from me, maybe an hour.

Dug a bit deeper, and found that the upcoming 'sermon on the mount' will be filmed near Midlothian, Texas, which is directly south of Dallas.
They have apparently signed a 5-year lease at the 900acre Salvation Army Camp, which is the location! - https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-series-chris/

there is another online article with more details here (but behind an annoying paywall) - https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...idlothian.html

They also indicated that they will be returning to Goshen, Utah this year for continued filming,
- Dallas Jenkins even stating “In Utah, the Mormon Church actually built a first-century set recreation of Jerusalem that looks more authentic than almost anywhere I can find in Israel.”

I can't wait to see future episodes.
Have already started re-watching the first two seasons again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity