Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 09:17 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Grace is the empowering Presence and Power of God which enables us to be who He created us to be; and to do what He has called us to do. It has nothing to do with his mercy (unmerited favor) or that of a Penal Substitution theory. Rather, it is that which enables us to overcome, any and all obstacles that might be hindering our Spiritual growth and maturity. Unmerited favor, would be that of having or showing mercy and forgiveness to an enemy through that of love. Especially, one who spitefully persecutes you, "father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." //snip//
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
This is basically the Catholic definition
Grace is the very Life of God
x3!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 10:05 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachyking View Post
You cannot find in the bible anywhere Jesus
is ever quoted as to saying where anyone is saved by grace.
If we are saved by grace, do you not think you would be
able to find it at least once in the bible where Jesus is
quoted as to saying, "we are saved by grace". Don't that seem a little
suspicious to you that something is not right?
In Matthew 13 Christ Jesus says that for some God's information is a riddle. This is a part of it, we saved by God's Agape, benevolence to humanity.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:51 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
..explain what you believe "grace" actually is.
Actually'?
A gift. A gift from God. An unwarranted or undeserved gift - blessing.
Usually I save that word for when God alters my brain chemistry and places me
in an altered state of awareness of Him and my surroundings..when He reveals Reality to me..
in many ways, but mainly His living breathing Presence everywhere!
Now THAT is Grace!!!!

Old 10-31-2021, 11:52 AM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
In Matthew 13 Christ Jesus says that for some God's information is a riddle. This is a part of it, we saved by God's Agape, benevolence to humanity.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:57 AM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Actually'?
in an altered state of awareness of Him and my surroundings..when He reveals Reality to me..
Now THAT is Grace!!!!
Yep, that is how I see it too

Nice to “see” You

Old 10-31-2021, 12:26 PM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Actually'?
Now THAT is Grace!!!!

Old 10-31-2021, 12:51 PM

19,056 posts, read 27,627,799 times
Here's example of grace:

39 Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, "Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us."
40 The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, "Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? 41 And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal." 42 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me, when you come into your kingdom."
43 He replied to him, "Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.

Please, pay attention - Dismas didn't say, that he accepts Jesus as his savior or similar. He only asks him to remember him.

That is grace. No matter, how much of a criminal are you, you are all god's children and in his grace. And I am referring this not only criminals, no, by no means. No matter, what you were in the life - grace will be upon you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity