Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 10:33 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know because the descriptions and actions of Jesus were obvious snd not remotely like a wrathful and vengeful God.
What descriptions? Where do you see these descriptions?
Quote:

You seem utterly incapable of discerning the persona of Jesus as presented in the bible and seem to need to have everything specifically spelled out in writing because you only trust the words "written ink" and NOT the Word of God (logos) who is Jesus and HIS Holy Spirit of agape love!!
Oh...so NOW you like the Bible, at least in the parts you want?

How do you not know those are merely the incorrect words of primitive ancestors? You're inconsistent here.
Quote:

Why do you have so much difficulty understanding how to interpret things from a perspective of agape love instead of wrath and vengeance??? The leaders in the Christian religion have done a terrible job making the "written word" the Word of God instead of Jesus. I am distressed by it!
The Bible calls Jesus the Logos. It also calls Scripture the logos. You commit the logical fallacy of illegitimate totality transfer. Sometimes, words mean different things based on context. That's something that any 8th grader ought to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2023, 11:14 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What descriptions? Where do you see these descriptions?

Oh...so NOW you like the Bible, at least in the parts you want?

How do you not know those are merely the incorrect words of primitive ancestors? You're inconsistent here.

The Bible calls Jesus the Logos. It also calls Scripture the logos. You commit the logical fallacy of illegitimate totality transfer. Sometimes, words mean different things based on context. That's something that any 8th grader ought to understand.
The problem, BF, is that our ancestors who wrote and interpreted the scriptures had the WRONG context!! They interpreted everything under the context of a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices for our human "filthiness." That is the WRONG context for the agape love of God!! Logos never refers to mere "words" in the Bible. It always and ONLY refers to Jesus. Our ancestors got it wrong, period!

Old 04-06-2023, 01:58 PM

Quote:
The problem, BF, is that our ancestors who wrote and interpreted the scriptures had the WRONG context!!
How do you know that? And why do you accept what they say on some things but not others?
Quote:

They interpreted everything under the context of a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices for our human "filthiness." That is the WRONG context for the agape love of God!!
How do you know?

I keep asking it because you have yet to actually provide an answer.
Quote:

Logos never refers to mere "words" in the Bible. It always and ONLY refers to Jesus. Our ancestors got it wrong, period!

You're wrong. And this is why we have a hard time believing a word you say. It's just so absurdly incorrect. This is but one example.

Matt 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

Old 04-06-2023, 02:12 PM

Quote:
How do you know that? And why do you accept what they say on some things but not others?

How do you know?

I keep asking it because you have yet to actually provide an answer.

You're wrong. And this is why we have a hard time believing a word you say. It's just so absurdly incorrect. This is but one example.

Matt 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."
Of course the Word of God (Logos) will not pass away. It is Jesus and He is eternal and has paved the way for ALL humans to join Him. The translation as "word" has done too much damage when it actually refers to the very essence and character of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and demonstrated WITHIN Jesus as the "mind of Christ."

We ONLY know the "mind of God" when we know the "mind of Christ," NOT what our ancestors thought and wrote about God as a wrathful and vengeful God. When what they wrote is NOT compatible with the context of a God who IS agape love, then it is WRONG! It must be rephrased to agree with agape love as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus.

Old 04-06-2023, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Of course the Word of God (Logos) will not pass away.
Did you actually read my post? The verse I posted is saying something so completely different than what you responded to. It's actually quite funny. You're a cliche. If you are not going to actually address what is said, why bother responding?

Old 04-06-2023, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Of course the Word of God (Logos) will not pass away. It is Jesus and He is eternal and has paved the way for ALL humans to join Him. The translation as "word" has done too much damage when it actually refers to the very essence and character of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and demonstrated WITHIN Jesus as the "mind of Christ."

We ONLY know the "mind of God" when we know the "mind of Christ," NOT what our ancestors thought and wrote about God as a wrathful and vengeful God. When what they wrote is NOT compatible with the context of a God who IS agape love, then it is WRONG! It must be rephrased to agree with agape love as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus.
Quote:
Did you actually read my post? The verse I posted is saying something so completely different than what you responded to. It's actually quite funny. You're a cliche. If you are not going to actually address what is said, why bother responding?
I read your post and I responded to it. You refuse to understand that you must rephrase what has been translated as "word" (logos) to what it actually refers to God's Holy Spirit embodied in Jesus. For example:

Matt 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my Holy Spirit will never pass away.

Our ancestors were completely ignorant of Spirit and terrified of them. That is why they did not realize that words are creations of Spirit and only exist within the mind (Spirit) of a person.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-06-2023 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-06-2023, 04:12 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
The problem, BF, is that our ancestors who wrote and interpreted the scriptures had the WRONG context!! They interpreted everything under the context of a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices for our human "filthiness." That is the WRONG context for the agape love of God!! Logos never refers to mere "words" in the Bible. It always and ONLY refers to Jesus. Our ancestors got it wrong, period!
Quote:
How do you know that?
I would like to go back to this question.

How do you know that?

Old 04-06-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I would like to go back to this question.

How do you know that?
Because I know Jesus as He presented Himself to us in the descriptions of HIS deeds in the Bible. His attitudes and actions, especially on the Cross were unmistakable. If you cannot discern the True Nature of God from Jesus as HE presented Himself in His deeds, you do NOT know Him. You only know what our primitive ancestors wrote and thought about Him and what they think He said.

You keep relying on THEIR interpretations of Him and what He SAID. I will rely on my own interpretations of what HE is described as actually DOING. Humans cannot remember what anyone SAID even a few days after let alone accurately record it decades later.

Old 04-06-2023, 10:49 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Because I know Jesus as He presented Himself to us in the descriptions of HIS deeds in the Bible. His attitudes and actions, especially on the Cross were unmistakable. If you cannot discern the True Nature of God from Jesus as HE presented Himself in His deeds, you do NOT know Him. You only know what our primitive ancestors wrote and thought about Him and what they think He said.

You keep relying on THEIR interpretations of Him and what He SAID. I will rely on my own interpretations of what HE is described as actually DOING. Humans cannot remember what anyone SAID even a few days after let alone accurately record it decades later.
So they were with Him every day for three years, but they are wrong and you are right. That's what you what me to believe?

I will say this. The disciples were mistaken concerning many things regarding Christ because they were going through things in real time while I am reading the accounts thousands of years later. But I am not arrogant enough to say I know Jesus better than those who were with Him everyday.

The underlined is your flaw in understanding the Father and Son.

Look at what you said. You say not to rely on what Jesus said in the Bible. And instead rely on your interpretation of what He is doing now.

What is He doing now?

Just a warning - if some spirit is telling you to not rely on Scripture - it is not from God or Jesus.

Even Jesus subjected Himself to Scripture. (Mark 14:49; John 13:18, 19:36)

Old 04-06-2023, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So they were with Him every day for three years, but they are wrong and you are right. That's what you what me to believe?

I will say this. The disciples were mistaken concerning many things regarding Christ because they were going through things in real time while I am reading the accounts thousands of years later. But I am not arrogant enough to say I know Jesus better than those who were with Him everyday.

The underlined is your flaw in understanding the Father and Son.

Look at what you said. You say not to rely on what Jesus said in the Bible. And instead rely on your interpretation of what He is doing now.

What is He doing now?

Just a warning - if some spirit is telling you to not rely on Scripture - it is not from God or Jesus.

Even Jesus subjected Himself to Scripture. (Mark 14:49; John 13:18, 19:36)
No, brother, you misunderstand. I said not to rely on what our ancestors said Jesus said. I rely on what Jesus DID as described in the Bible because His attitude and His actions, especially on the Cross reveal God's True Nature IS agape love. Our ancestors were thoroughly conditioned to believe God was wrathful and vengeful and we needed to appease Him by blood sacrifices because we were so filthy and sinful! They interpreted what Jesus said using that context. But Jesus did NOT treat us with wrath or vengeance nor did He consider us worthless filthy rags. You either believe He is God incarnate or you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity