Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 08:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I read your post and I responded to it. You refuse to understand that you must rephrase what has been translated as "word" (logos) to what it actually refers to God's Holy Spirit embodied in Jesus. For example:

Matt 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my Holy Spirit will never pass away.

Our ancestors were completely ignorant of Spirit and terrified of them. That is why they did not realize that words are creations of Spirit and only exist within the mind (Spirit) of a person.
Matthew refers to spoken words. Jesus is not referring to his spoken words as himself. That's nonsense. Why are you completely unwilling to consider the text above a 6th grade level?

Instead, all you're doing is changing it to fit your preconceived ideas. It demonstrates you don't believe what is actually written. So again, I ask: How do you know? I keep asking this question and you keep dodging it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 02:24 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Matthew refers to spoken words. Jesus is not referring to his spoken words as himself. That's nonsense. Why are you completely unwilling to consider the text above a 6th grade level?

Instead, all you're doing is changing it to fit your preconceived ideas. It demonstrates you don't believe what is actually written. So again, I ask: How do you know? I keep asking this question and you keep dodging it.
The problem is that I AM considering the verses SIGNIFICANTLY ABOVE the 6th, 8th, 10th, or 20th-grade level!! Logos refers to what we would consider Spirit which is the true essence of "words" because the "meaning" they convey ONLY exists in a Spirit (consciousness). It was a poor choice of transliteration because it completely misled everyone to substitute the words "written in ink" in the Bible for the Holy Spirit personally demonstrated by Jesus! It has been a travesty of human ignorance of spirituality and the fallibility of intellectual naturalism, IMO.

Old 04-07-2023, 03:59 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
The problem is that I AM considering the verses SIGNIFICANTLY ABOVE the 6th, 8th, 10th, or 20th-grade level!!
You're completely ignoring what is actually written and you're assigning your own meaning.
Quote:

Logos refers to what we would consider Spirit which is the true essence of "words" because the "meaning" they convey ONLY exists in a Spirit (consciousness). It was a poor choice of transliteration because it completely misled everyone to substitute the words "written in ink" in the Bible for the Holy Spirit personally demonstrated by Jesus! It has been a travesty of human ignorance of spirituality and the fallibility of intellectual naturalism, IMO.
Again, this tells me you completely ignored the actual sentence I posted. It demonstrates you have no interest whatsoever in actually reading it. So I will once again ask: How do you know what you claim you know? You aren't getting it from Scripture.

Old 04-07-2023, 04:09 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
The problem is that I AM considering the verses SIGNIFICANTLY ABOVE the 6th, 8th, 10th, or 20th-grade level!! Logos refers to what we would consider Spirit which is the true essence of "words" because the "meaning" they convey ONLY exists in a Spirit (consciousness). It was a poor choice of transliteration because it completely misled everyone to substitute the words "written in ink" in the Bible for the Holy Spirit personally demonstrated by Jesus! It has been a travesty of human ignorance of spirituality and the fallibility of intellectual naturalism, IMO.
You are not looking at the other side though

because you recognise that higher level, you are (and will be) held to a much, much higher standard in what you say, how you say it, who you say it to, etc because the level you are speaking of is not earthly in origin and is influential and has its own counterpart at the same level - the opposite side so to speak

At all levels and regions and times there are opposites - like night/day, cold/hot, good/bad, left/right, orthodox/heretic, etc and we (humans/humanity) have to operate within those types of limits and boundaries

There is so much more to be taken into consideration than our own individual and personal feelings and thoughts and affiliations and arguments, etc

Everything we say and do on this forum is being judged to check its consistency and relevance from where it came from and what its end result is - the same as we should be and are judging what is being brought forward checking its own consistency and relevance

But being human we err and do not (and can not) have all of the information by ourselves and so we do need to rely on others who are at varying levels of duty and responsibility

What you experienced was not for you as an individual, it was to be used by you and for you to recognise when you are in a particular ‘place’ and ‘time’ that you will have affiliations with particular people who are at your own particular level but we need to also take into consideration the other levels and times and regions that have gone into where we are culturally and socially and religiously and spiritually

What you are trying to do is teach and critique those who are under their own teachers and their own religious systems and that is not something that we are to do

1Th 5:12**And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
1Th 5:13**And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
1Th 5:14**Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
1Th 5:15**See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
1Th 5:16**Rejoice evermore.
1Th 5:17**Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18**In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1Th 5:19**Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20**Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21**Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22**Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th 5:23**And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24**Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
1Th 5:25**Brethren, pray for us.
1Th 5:26**Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
1Th 5:27**I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
1Th 5:28**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. The first epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.

Gal 5:16**This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17**For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18**But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19**Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20**Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21**Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24**And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25**If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26**Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Buddhism is eastern

And you are in western society

What people see is the inconsistency and the judgemental attitude you have toward them and their society and communities

That is part of the flip and reversal that happens to see the other side or the other level and to be able to see/perceive/understand past those various religious sides and levels

Old 04-07-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're completely ignoring what is actually written and you're assigning your own meaning.

Again, this tells me you completely ignored the actual sentence I posted. It demonstrates you have no interest whatsoever in actually reading it. So I will once again ask: How do you know what you claim you know? You aren't getting it from Scripture.
He is getting it from Scripture though

It is more in the actual application in reference to timing and relevance and appointment that the religious/spiritual problem between you and mystic is happening

It is not a personal problem, it is an affiliation problem

Old 04-07-2023, 04:40 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
You are not looking at the other side though

because you recognise that higher level, you are (and will be) held to a much, much higher standard in what you say, how you say it, who you say it to, etc because the level you are speaking of is not earthly in origin and is influential and has its own counterpart at the same level - the opposite side so to speak

At all levels and regions and times there are opposites - like night/day, cold/hot, good/bad, left/right, orthodox/heretic, etc and we (humans/humanity) have to operate within those types of limits and boundaries

There is so much more to be taken into consideration than our own individual and personal feelings and thoughts and affiliations and arguments, etc

Everything we say and do on this forum is being judged to check its consistency and relevance from where it came from and what its end result is - the same as we should be and are judging what is being brought forward checking its own consistency and relevance

But being human we err and do not (and can not) have all of the information by ourselves and so we do need to rely on others who are at varying levels of duty and responsibility

What you experienced was not for you as an individual, it was to be used by you and for you to recognise when you are in a particular ‘place’ and ‘time’ that you will have affiliations with particular people who are at your own particular level but we need to also take into consideration the other levels and times and regions that have gone into where we are culturally and socially and religiously and spiritually

What you are trying to do is teach and critique those who are under their own teachers and their own religious systems and that is not something that we are to do

1Th 5:12**And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
1Th 5:13**And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
1Th 5:14**Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
1Th 5:15**See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
1Th 5:16**Rejoice evermore.
1Th 5:17**Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18**In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1Th 5:19**Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20**Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21**Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22**Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th 5:23**And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24**Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
1Th 5:25**Brethren, pray for us.
1Th 5:26**Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
1Th 5:27**I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
1Th 5:28**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. The first epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.

Gal 5:16**This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17**For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18**But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19**Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20**Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21**Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24**And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25**If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26**Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Buddhism is eastern

And you are in western society

What people see is the inconsistency and the judgemental attitude you have toward them and their society and communities

That is part of the flip and reversal that happens to see the other side or the other level and to be able to see/perceive/understand past those various religious sides and levels
Consider me adequately admonished, Meerkat!

Old 04-07-2023, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Consider me adequately admonished, Meerkat!
That’s not my intent, just something for you to consider

Old 04-07-2023, 05:24 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Esau did not value what God had given him.
Many will experience God’s wrath come judgment day having rejected Jesus.

Old 04-08-2023, 12:29 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
No, brother, you misunderstand. I said not to rely on what our ancestors said Jesus said. I rely on what Jesus DID as described in the Bible because His attitude and His actions, especially on the Cross reveal God's True Nature IS agape love. Our ancestors were thoroughly conditioned to believe God was wrathful and vengeful and we needed to appease Him by blood sacrifices because we were so filthy and sinful! They interpreted what Jesus said using that context. But Jesus did NOT treat us with wrath or vengeance nor did He consider us worthless filthy rags. You either believe He is God incarnate or you don't.
Do you even have any use for Scripture? Jesus was alive on earth in 5 out of the 66 books. What do you do with the rest of it?

Old 04-08-2023, 10:06 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
.................Many will experience God’s wrath come judgment day having rejected Jesus.
Yes, the figurative haughty 'goats' at the coming time of Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation at Matt. 25:31-34,37 will experience God's wrath, whereas the humble 'sheep' can remain alive on Earth, and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming thousand-year governmental reign over Earth with the opportunity to gain everlasting life on Earth, live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall. 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity