Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 09:35 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God the Holy Spirit drew me by His Holy Spirit and broke through to my heart; He enabled me to believe as He gave me a window of opportunity in which I heard the truth and understood it to be the truth; regardless of the deceitfulness and wickedness that was in my heart.

He also takes us from having a Jeremiah 17:9 heart to a Luke 8:15 heart when we receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38-39, Ezekiel 36:25-27).

And we are to trust in the Lord with our heart (Proverbs 3:5-6);

We are not to trust in our heart (Proverbs 28:26).
You are only IN THE LORD when you are in the state of mind of Jesus which is agape love. That is the only time you can receive His guidance to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love. Any other states of mind will block His guidance.

Philippians 2:5-30 King James Version
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 10:05 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are only IN THE LORD when you are in the state of mind of Jesus which is agape love. That is the only time you can receive His guidance to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love. Any other states of mind will block His guidance.

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.
Jesus is the judge of all the earth (John 5:22, Acts 17:31) and therefore He is judgmental.

Did He not judge the scribes and Pharisees to be hypocrites (Matthew 23)?

Old 03-18-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Jesus is the judge of all the earth (John 5:22, Acts 17:31) and therefore He is judgmental.
Did He not judge the scribes and Pharisees to be hypocrites (Matthew 23)?
You have had this explained before, brother. Jesus is the STANDARD against which we will be measured. Our ancestors could not understand that as anything but judgment even though it isn't.

Matthew certainly did call them hypocrites when interpreting how Jesus pointed out their many failings. I believe Jesus pointed out all their failings but based on His attitude on the Cross, I doubt Jesus was judgmental about it.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:30 PM

Quote:
You have had this explained before, brother. Jesus is the STANDARD against which we will be measured. Our ancestors could not understand that as anything but judgment even though it isn't.

Matthew certainly did call them hypocrites when interpreting how Jesus pointed out their many failings. I believe Jesus pointed out all their failings but based on His attitude on the Cross, I doubt Jesus was judgmental about it.
No; it was not Matthew who called them hypocrites; but he recorded the fact that Jesus judged them as hypocrites (Matthew 23).

The gospels relate to us the exact words of Jesus (John 14:26).

Old 03-19-2022, 03:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
God the Holy Spirit drew me by His Holy Spirit and broke through to my heart; He enabled me to believe as He gave me a window of opportunity in which I heard the truth and understood it to be the truth; regardless of the deceitfulness and wickedness that was in my heart.

He also takes us from having a Jeremiah 17:9 heart to a Luke 8:15 heart when we receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38-39, Ezekiel 36:25-27).

And we are to trust in the Lord with our heart (Proverbs 3:5-6);

We are not to trust in our heart (Proverbs 28:26).
Broke through to your heart ? With the heart we believe and you say it cannot be trusted, because it is deceitful, so how did you trust it to believe with it ? Your first sentence is religious twaddle.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Broke through to your heart ? With the heart we believe and you say it cannot be trusted, because it is deceitful, so how did you trust it to believe with it ? Your first sentence is religious twaddle.
No, I did not trust in my heart to believe; but I placed my trust in Christ.

When we are baptized God is able to take that Jeremiah 17:9 heart and change it into a Luke 8:15 heart; through Ezekiel 36:25-27.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:21 AM

Quote:
No, I did not trust in my heart to believe; but I placed my trust in Christ.

When we are baptized God is able to take that Jeremiah 17:9 heart and change it into a Luke 8:15 heart; through Ezekiel 36:25-27.
How when it is WITH THE HEART a man believes?
You have ensnared yourself by your own black n white beliefs by taking one verse out of context and ignoring other verses that say the opposite. It is true that the heart can be deceitful but it is also true that the heart can yearn for God, and that receptivity can draw that which you are yearning for to you.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How when it is WITH THE HEART a man believes?
You have ensnared yourself by your own black n white beliefs by taking one verse out of context and ignoring other verses that say the opposite. It is true that the heart can be deceitful but it is also true that the heart can yearn for God, and that receptivity can draw that which you are yearning for to you.
No one can come to Jesus except the heavenly Father draws them (John 6:44).

Men are born dead in trespasses and sins.

Death and sleep are almost synonymous in some places in the Bible.

The Lord begins to wake a person out of sleep when He draws them to Christ. They are no longer dead.

But neither are they alive until they wake fully out of sleep (by surrendering their hearts to the Lordship of Jesus Christ).

Old 03-19-2022, 05:35 AM

Quote:
No one can come to Jesus except the heavenly Father draws them (John 6:44).

Men are born dead in trespasses and sins.

Death and sleep are almost synonymous in some places in the Bible.

The Lord begins to wake a person out of sleep when He draws them to Christ. They are no longer dead.

But neither are they alive until they wake fully out of sleep (by surrendering their hearts to the Lordship of Jesus Christ).
With the heart a man believes. God would need to bypass your heart and nullify the free will you believe in to reach and convert your heart first, if your heart is deceitful and desperately wicked that it cannot be trusted. Why is it you cannot look at things rationally? The answer, you do not want to look at why you believe what you believe, we can't have you forsake your beliefs to follow the truth, can we ?

Old 03-19-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:
No; it was not Matthew who called them hypocrites; but he recorded the fact that Jesus judged them as hypocrites (Matthew 23).

The gospels relate to us the exact words of Jesus (John 14:26).
That is the result of wishful superstitious thinking and has no relation to reality, brother. Everything in the Bible has been interpreted by fallible and flawed human beings, like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity