Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2022, 02:24 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Jesus is the Word (John 1:1,14).

The Bible is the word of God (Psalms 138:2, John 5:39-40, Hebrews 10:7; John 17:17, 1 Peter 1:10-11, 2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2022, 02:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus is the Word (John 1:1,14).

The Bible is the word of God (Psalms 138:2, John 5:39-40, Hebrews 10:7; John 17:17, 1 Peter 1:10-11, 2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
Why do you not just admit that you believe they are exactly the same.
'
'John 5 39-40 Jesus told them they you think in the scriptures that you have eternal life but they actually testify of me who IS the word of eternal life. Eternal life is NOT found in the scriptures, it is found IN THE ONE they testify of.

Old 03-16-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why do you not just admit that you believe they are exactly the same.
'
'John 5 39-40 Jesus told them they you think in the scriptures that you have eternal life but they actually testify of me who IS the word of eternal life. Eternal life is NOT found in the scriptures, it is found IN THE ONE they testify of.
I'll be glad to admit that that is what I believe...but I don't see how I can prove to someone who does not believe that the Bible is the word of God, that it is, in fact, the word of God.

Especially when you claim moral superiority in your rejection of the word by saying "Jesus is the Word, don't you see..."

I do not deny that Jesus is the living Word.

I will not retract my belief, however, that the Bible is the word of God.

Of course they are nearly the same; the only difference between them is the capitalization of a letter!

Old 03-16-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I'll be glad to admit that that is what I believe...but I don't see how I can prove to someone who does not believe that the Bible is the word of God, that it is, in fact, the word of God.

Especially when you claim moral superiority in your rejection of the word by saying "Jesus is the Word, don't you see..."

I do not deny that Jesus is the living Word.

I will not retract my belief, however, that the Bible is the word of God.

Of course they are nearly the same; the only difference between them is the capitalization of a letter!
Jesus said eternal life is found in him not the scriptures that should be enough to convince if you were open minded instead of close minded. This is why your bible tells us to believe, hear, trust and listen to Him. Jesus continually was encouraging the disciples to believe him.

Old 03-16-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Jesus said eternal life is found in him not the scriptures that should be enough to convince if you were open minded instead of close minded. This is why your bible tells us to believe, hear, trust and listen to Him. Jesus continually was encouraging the disciples to believe him.
Yet the scriptures testify of Him in the volume of the Book (Psalms 138:2, John 5:39-40, Hebrews 10:7).

Why would you want to believe in somebody named Jesus Christ if he is not Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of the Father (even as the Bible tells us who Jesus Christ is)?

Old 03-16-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Yet the scriptures testify of Him in the volume of the Book (Psalms 138:2, John 5:39-40, Hebrews 10:7).

Why would you want to believe in somebody named Jesus Christ if he is not Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of the Father (even as the Bible tells us who Jesus Christ is)?
You are not getting it, the scriptures testify of him in whom we believe. Jesus told the pharisees you think within the scriptures you have eternal life but they are they that testify of him who is eternal life.

Jesus Christ the word of God is eternal life

The scriptures, what you call the Bible testify of Him who is eternal life. The scriptures are not eternal life.

You know very well that God said this is my beloved son in who I am well pleased, listen to him. Jesus said trust him, learn of him have faith in him, believe him. SHOW me where he said believe in this that and the other about the scriptures, he doesn't and you know it. You believe in the Bible about Jesus, that is as far as it goes.

Old 03-16-2022, 03:30 PM

Since the holy scriptures testify of Him in whom we believe, when we come to Him we are not going to believe in a Jesus Christ that is not accurately described by the holy scriptures (I realize I am nearly crossing a line concerning the rules; but I feel that I need to say that the one Jesus Christ that we all believe in must be the Jesus of the Bible).

2 Corinthians 11 is clear (look for the two verses in the chapter that teach it); if we believe in someone named Jesus Christ who is not Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of the Father (as the Bible teaches us who He is; and this is the Jesus that we all believe in), then we are not believing in Jesus at all.

Old 03-16-2022, 04:50 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Since the holy scriptures testify of Him in whom we believe, when we come to Him we are not going to believe in a Jesus Christ that is not accurately described by the holy scriptures (I realize I am nearly crossing a line concerning the rules; but I feel that I need to say that the one Jesus Christ that we all believe in must be the Jesus of the Bible).

2 Corinthians 11 is clear (look for the two verses in the chapter that teach it); if we believe in someone named Jesus Christ who is not Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of the Father (as the Bible teaches us who He is; and this is the Jesus that we all believe in), then we are not believing in Jesus at all.
WRONG!!!! The ONLY unambiguous and totally trustworthy revelation of Jesus Christ (God Himself) is His direct and personal Divine Revelation of God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. You cannot use mere human interpretations of inspirations by our primitive ancestors who mistakenly believed in a wrathful and vengeful War God to define God or Jesus over His direct personal and unambiguous revelation!!!!

You are and have been misguided by your unjustified belief in the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God. It is NOT!!! Jesus is the Word of God and His revelation of God's True Nature MUST be controlling ALL interpretations of God, period!!! The fallible and flawed human belief in the Bible over the direct personal revelation of Jesus has been misleading people about God for millennia. Jesus is the Truth, the Way, and the Life, NOT the Bible!

Old 03-16-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:

You are deflecting from what is being said. Our faith is in him not the scriptures, and the scriptures also tell us that we learn from him, follow him, believe him, trust him and look to him in ALL THINGS.

Looking unto Jesus( you know the one your bible testifies of) the author and finisher of our faith.

We are complete in Him and the only reason you are not is because you don't believe it, and your unbelief doesn't change the fact that you are complete in Him.

Old 03-16-2022, 06:04 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You are deflecting from what is being said. Our faith is in him not the scriptures, and the scriptures also tell us that we learn from him, follow him, believe him, trust him and look to him in ALL THINGS.

Looking unto Jesus( you know the one your bible testifies of) the author and finisher of our faith.

We are complete in Him and the only reason you are not is because you don't believe it, and your unbelief doesn't change the fact that you are complete in Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity