Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2022, 02:43 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Scripture is NOT Jesus. It is interpreted by fallible humans. Interpretation is NOT needed just to describe what Jesus Divinely Revealed as God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. That is the ONLY direct Divine Revelation we have. All other is inspiration interpreted by fallible humans. I will stick with Jesus as my Truth, Way, and Life. YMMV.
You have been shown scripture. God hates some people !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 03:35 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
You have been shown scripture. God hates some people !
Sadly, you may choke on your scripture as you have to have the hateful dross refined out of your soul.

Old 03-15-2022, 06:30 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
To love a hateful God who hates, you have to be a hater, NOT a lover. Jesus is a lover, NOT a hater.
So, why do you hate Jesus as He is to the point that you deny Him His right to feel negative emotions concerning sin?

Jesus loves the sinner, but He hates sin; and He hates the sinner insasmuch as he will not be separated from his sin through the prescribed remedy that cost Jesus so much.

Old 03-15-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
So, why do you hate Jesus as He is to the point that you deny Him His right to feel negative emotions concerning sin?

Jesus loves the sinner, but He hates sin, and He hates the sinner inasmuch as he will not be separated from his sin through the prescribed remedy that cost Jesus so much.
Jesus hates nothing. He is disappointed and saddened by sin because of what it does to us, NOT Him. We will never be separated from God because Jesus became human. But He wants us to avoid any negative spiritual consequences from unrepentant sin. Unfortunately, He does not control what we BECOME.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:10 PM

Jesus hates sin;

That is the bottom line.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Jesus hates sin;

That is the bottom line.
He hates the effect it has upon us, so he destroyed it at the cross. It was that powerful over the life of the seeker, no matter how much the seeker wanted to do good he was over powered by sin. But thanks be to God, I repeat again that Jesus destroyed it at the cross and set the seeker free from its power.

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh

After reading this, how can you not see that it is from the power of sin over our lives that we are saved not from hell.

It was sin that Got punished on the cross. He who knew no sin became sin. It is absolutely absurd to believe God was literally punishing his son. It is perfectly clear that it was sin being punished. For what purpose ? For it to no longer have power over our lives once you see and understand it.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Jesus hates sin;

That is the bottom line.
Jesus hates nothing. That is the bottom line.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He hates the effect it has upon us, so he destroyed it at the cross. It was that powerful over the life of the seeker, no matter how much the seeker wanted to do good he was over powered by sin. But thanks be to God, I repeat again that Jesus destroyed it at the cross and set the seeker free from its power.

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh

After reading this, how can you not see that it is from the power of sin over our lives that we are saved not from hell.

It was sin that Got punished on the cross. He who knew no sin became sin. It is absolutely absurd to believe God was literally punishing his son. It is perfectly clear that it was sin being punished. For what purpose ? For it to no longer have power over our lives once you see and understand it.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Jesus hates nothing. That is the bottom line.
Jesus hates sin; that is the bottom line.

He even said to the scribes and Pharisees, Woe to you;

And, How shall ye escape the condemnation of hell?

I suppose that it can be said in light of these statements that He still did not hate the people to whom He spoke them...

But I think that the evidence is clear that He hates the sin that was putting the scribes and Pharisees in hell and which caused Him to desire woe concerning them.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

That certain people are not saved from hell is evident in such passages as Matthew 25:41,46, Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50.

Jesus condemned sin in the flesh as concerning those who are in Christ Jesus; who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (see Romans 8:1,4 which is the context).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity