Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2022, 07:30 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
God hates the seed of Satan, that serpent. He has nothing but enmity for that people.
Lol, those people huh.

Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2022, 08:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
WRONG!!!! The ONLY unambiguous and totally trustworthy revelation of Jesus Christ (God Himself) is His direct and personal Divine Revelation of God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. You cannot use mere human interpretations of inspirations by our primitive ancestors who mistakenly believed in a wrathful and vengeful War God to define God or Jesus over His direct personal and unambiguous revelation!!!!

You are and have been misguided by your unjustified belief in the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God. It is NOT!!! Jesus is the Word of God and His revelation of God's True Nature MUST be controlling ALL interpretations of God, period!!! The fallible and flawed human belief in the Bible over the direct personal revelation of Jesus has been misleading people about God for millennia. Jesus is the Truth, the Way, and the Life, NOT the Bible!
My belief in the Bible as the inspired word of God is in fact justified. God has said that He has magnified His word above all His name (Psalms 138:2).

In Isaiah it says that Messiah would come to magnify the law and make it honourable (Isaiah 42:21).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are deflecting from what is being said. Our faith is in him not the scriptures, and the scriptures also tell us that we learn from him, follow him, believe him, trust him and look to him in ALL THINGS.

Looking unto Jesus( you know the one your bible testifies of) the author and finisher of our faith.

We are complete in Him and the only reason you are not is because you don't believe it, and your unbelief doesn't change the fact that you are complete in Him.
So, I believe in Jesus as the Bible describes Him.

But, I don't think that you do.

According to you, Jesus probably did not say what He said in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:41, and Matthew 25:46.

He taught us that workers of iniquity shall be cast into the furnace of fire; but I don't think you believe that so I conclude that you do not believe Him.

Jhn 3:36, He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
My belief in the Bible as the inspired word of God is in fact justified. God has said that He has magnified His word above all His name (Psalms 138:2).

In Isaiah it says that Messiah would come to magnify the law and make it honourable (Isaiah 42:21).

According to you, Jesus probably did not say what He said in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:41, and Matthew 25:46.

He taught us that workers of iniquity shall be cast into the furnace of fire; but I don't think you believe that so I conclude that you do not believe Him.

Jhn 3:36, He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
It really goes to show what spirit you are of, you are never talking about the love, mercy, grace and forgiveness of God, but every opportunity you are promoting fiery furnaces, lakes of fire, hell, wrath and condemnation of the sinner.... What the hell is wrong with you? These tremens were used towards those who like you strain at gnats and swallow camels, ever belittling the love, mercy, grace and forgiveness of God and bigging up fiery furnaces, lakes of fire, hell, wrath and condemnation of the assumed sinner. Yes, your spirit is defiled and unclean

Old 03-16-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It really goes to show what spirit you are of, you are never talking about the love, mercy, grace and forgiveness of God, but every opportunity you are promoting fiery furnaces, lakes of fire, hell, wrath and condemnation of the sinner.... What the hell is wrong with you? These tremens were used towards those who like you strain at gnats and swallow camels, ever belittling the love, mercy, grace and forgiveness of God and bigging up fiery furnaces, lakes of fire, hell, wrath and condemnation of the assumed sinner. Yes, your spirit is defiled and unclean
Friend, thank you for persecuting me with your statements.

No; the only reason why I have to emphasize the judgment of God is because there are people on these boards who deny that judgment and I am called to contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints (Jude 1:3-4).

Read Hebrews 6:1-3. It would be better to move on and away from the subject of eternal judgment.

But we can only do so if God permits it.

As long as there are people who are denying the truth, the truth must be contended for.

I will say now that I have even referenced scriptures that speak of the love of the Lord, like John 3:16 and Romans 5:8; and you do not see it.

Old 03-16-2022, 11:11 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
WRONG!!!! The ONLY unambiguous and totally trustworthy revelation of Jesus Christ (God Himself) is His direct and personal Divine Revelation of God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. You cannot use mere human interpretations of inspirations by our primitive ancestors who mistakenly believed in a wrathful and vengeful War God to define God or Jesus over His direct personal and unambiguous revelation!!!!

You are and have been misguided by your unjustified belief in the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God. It is NOT!!! Jesus is the Word of God and His revelation of God's True Nature MUST be controlling ALL interpretations of God, period!!! The fallible and flawed human belief in the Bible over the direct personal revelation of Jesus has been misleading people about God for millennia. Jesus is the Truth, the Way, and the Life, NOT the Bible!
Quote:
You are misidentifying the Word of God as the Bible when it is the Word of God (Jesus) whose name has been magnified above His name. That is such a HUGE mistake that I doubt you can be saved from it. Instead of believing in Jesus as our ignorant primitive ancestors' described Him in the Bible, you should believe in Jesus as HE directly and personally Divinely Revealed Himself to be on the Cross under excruciating life and death circumstances that make His True Nature unmistakable.
Quote:
I believe that our ancestors misinterpreted what Jesus told them because of their belief that God was a wrathful and vengeful War God. If they had truly believed the God Jesus Divinely Revealed on the Cross they would have worded things differently. They would have said similar things but they would have been worded using a totally different loving motive for God as I have tried to do.

Old 03-16-2022, 11:32 PM

Mystic, you are correct in believing that Jesus is the Word;

But you make a HUGE mistake (that you can be redeemed from by a miracle of the Holy Ghost) when you deny that the whole Bible is the word of God.

You believe in smorgasborg religion;

Because your "divine revelation of the love of Jesus" can only be based on reading of His crucifixion in the holy scriptures.

Yet you do not take the scriptures at face value but pick and choose what you will believe and what you will not believe.

Old 03-17-2022, 03:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Friend, thank you for persecuting me with your statements.

No; the only reason why I have to emphasize the judgment of God is because there are people on these boards who deny that judgment and I am called to contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints (Jude 1:3-4).

Read Hebrews 6:1-3. It would be better to move on and away from the subject of eternal judgment.

But we can only do so if God permits it.

As long as there are people who are denying the truth, the truth must be contended for.

I will say now that I have even referenced scriptures that speak of the love of the Lord, like John 3:16 and Romans 5:8; and you do not see it.
It is true, you are a preacher of doom and gloom.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:27 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
You are misidentifying the Word of God as the Bible when it is the Word of God (Jesus) whose name has been magnified above His name. That is such a HUGE mistake that I doubt you can be saved from it. Instead of believing in Jesus as our ignorant primitive ancestors' described Him in the Bible, you should believe in Jesus as HE directly and personally Divinely Revealed Himself to be on the Cross under excruciating life and death circumstances that make His True Nature unmistakable. I believe that our ancestors misinterpreted what Jesus told them because of their belief that God was a wrathful and vengeful War God. If they had truly believed the God Jesus Divinely Revealed on the Cross they would have worded things differently. They would have said similar things but they would have been worded using a totally different loving motive for God as I have tried to do.
Quote:
Mystic, you are correct in believing that Jesus is the Word;
But you make a HUGE mistake (that you can be redeemed from by a miracle of the Holy Ghost) when you deny that the whole Bible is the word of God.
You believe in smorgasborg religion;
Because your "divine revelation of the love of Jesus" can only be based on reading of His crucifixion in the holy scriptures.
Yet you do not take the scriptures at face value but pick and choose what you will believe and what you will not believe.
Jesus IS the Word of God and He IS God, brother. The scriptures are neither. There is a huge difference between our ancestors' interpretations of what they believed were inspirations from God (scriptures) and their DESCRIPTIONS of what Jesus (God) personally did in front of them. Only the descriptions of direct observations of God are trustworthy Divine Revelations because they do not involve fallible human interpretation.

That Jesus meekly submitted to an unjust scourging and crucifixion is a DESCRIPTION of what God did. What you believe about WHY is a primitive and barbaric INTERPRETATION of what occurred. I rely on the DESCRIPTION of what Jesus did and said on the Cross. YOU rely on our primitive ancestors' INTERPRETATION of what He did on the Cross based on their beliefs about the wrath of their War God.

Old 03-17-2022, 12:00 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Lol, those people huh.

Wow.
Yes

Old 03-17-2022, 06:46 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Yes
I am wondering what you gonna do in heaven all alone.

The tare is inside you, the goat is inside you, the son of lawlessness is inside you, the abomination.

That is why you sin.

Do you sin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity