Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 04:04 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,467 times

Advertisements

"Lucifer and his brother Jesus..." PRICELESS!!

"Those who remained neutral.. were CURSED with black skin.." PRICELESS!!

I wonder how many Black mormons believe this.. lol

The funniest part is when that dude knocked on the door to have sex with the virgin mary. I lol'd so hard!!

Also the part where Jesus appeared to the America's (which would be present day Latin America judging the those pyramids in the video). They're saying it wasn't the Spanish who brought the religion to the indians, it was jesus. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 03:06 AM

348 posts, read 557,294 times
Default servitude

"I would like to say something about the new revelation relative to our taking the priesthood to those of all nations and races.... There are statements in our literature by the early brethren which we have interpreted to mean that the Negroes would not receive the priesthood in mortality. I have said the same things, and people write me letters and say, 'You said such and such, and how is it now that we do such and such? And all I can say to that is that it is time disbelieving people repented and got in line and believed in a living, modern prophet. Forget everything that I have said, or what President Brigham Young or President George Q. Cannon or whomsoever has said in days past that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world.
"We get our truth and our light line upon line and precept upon precept. We have now had added a new flood of intelligence and light on this particular subject, and it erases all the darkness and all the views and all the thoughts of the past. They don't matter any more.
"It doesn't make a particle of difference what anybody ever said about the Negro matter before the first day of June of this year (1978). It is a new day and a new arrangement, and the Lord has now given the revelation that sheds light into the world on this subject. As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them." ("All Are Alike Unto God," by Apostle Bruce R. McConkie of the Council of the Twelve, pp. 1-2)

Apostle Bruce R. McConkie in his statement above says "We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light". Well Christ is the way, and the light.

Mormon Apostle Bruce R. McConkie made these remarks concerning blacks in his book "Mormon Doctrine" prior to "new light".

"Negroes in this life are denied the Priesthood; under no circumstances can they hold this delegation of authority from the Almighty. (Abra. 1:20-27.) The gospel message of salvation is not carried affirmatively to them... negroes are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concerned, particularly the priesthood and the temple blessings that flow therefrom, but this inequality is not of man's origin. It is the Lord's doing, is based an his eternal laws of justice, and grows out of the lack of Spiritual valiance of those concerned in their first estate." (Mormon Doctrine, 1966, pp. 527-528)

Follow God, search for Him in scripture. The God of Abraham and Noah. Not the Mormon God. This word is not even found in scripture.

Joseph Smith and the Temple of Doom* BY BILL SCHNOEBELEN

John 8:44 "You are of [your] father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and [does not] stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own [resources,] for he is a liar and the father of it.

Jeremiah 27:15 "for I have not sent them," says the LORD, "yet they prophesy a lie in My name, that I may drive you out, and that you may perish, you and the prophets who prophesy to you."

Old 09-09-2008, 10:55 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,875 times
This whole thread is just ridiculous. Why spew hatred towards others? Let people worship as they wish.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:34 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,854 times
Great link Hiram, one of my favorite sites, but had'nt come across that information yet

CTR36, if Jesus were on Earth today do you think He would tell everyone to worship however/whoever they wanted with his name attached to it?

Here is another link showing the satanic symbols in mormonism. BTW it is not just mormonism, these symbols are found in all man made religions. All of this started back at the tower of babel and continues to this day.
We see these symbols and many customs in Catholicism, Islam, Mormonism, Occultism, freemasonry, (Joseph Smith was a freemason) etc.

Mormon Outreach (http://mormonoutreach.org/pagan_and_occult_symbols.php - broken link)

There is only one way, one truth, and one life...His name is Jesus, the only begotten Son of God. He is not in any religion, any man made church, or any one country.
Those who worship God must worship Him in spirit and in TRUTH!

Jhn 8:32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asthedeer View Post
Great link Hiram, one of my favorite sites, but had'nt come across that information yet

CTR36, if Jesus were on Earth today do you think He would tell everyone to worship however/whoever they wanted with his name attached to it?

Here is another link showing the satanic symbols in mormonism. BTW it is not just mormonism, these symbols are found in all man made religions. All of this started back at the tower of babel and continues to this day.
We see these symbols and many customs in Catholicism, Islam, Mormonism, Occultism, freemasonry, (Joseph Smith was a freemason) etc.

Mormon Outreach (http://mormonoutreach.org/pagan_and_occult_symbols.php - broken link)

There is only one way, one truth, and one life...His name is Jesus, the only begotten Son of God. He is not in any religion, any man made church, or any one country.
Those who worship God must worship Him in spirit and in TRUTH!

Jhn 8:32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
What church do you go to? Maybe I'd want to check them out too.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
What church do you go to? Maybe I'd want to check them out too.
I don't go to a church building, (we fellowship at home). Have'nt been able to find one that aligns with God's word.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:24 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
well i would quibble a bit with bruce mcconkie's version of 'new light' as the verse i quoted on the bottom of my last post showed that the book of morman already said that 'all are alike unto God'.I don't know why so many church leaders had such difficulty with the subject for so many years as its pretty clear in 2nd nephi already.....Another point that ive made repeatedly is that his book ,'morman doctrine',was never considered such by the church.........

Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I don't go to a church building, (we fellowship at home). Have'nt been able to find one that aligns with God's word.
I thought so.

Also, correction to another poster...it's Mormon not Morman.
Just an FYI.

And I respect people of all religions. When someone comes to me or we have developed a relationship such that religion or our faith comes up, I am happy to share with them my views and my life story. One of conversion, where I was in darkness and now I have found Jesus Christ to be my savior. I then share with them how the Book of Mormon changed my life. And the rest is history

Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
I then share with them how the Book of Mormon changed my life. And the rest is history

Please share how the BOM changed your life, I thought God was the one who did the life changing, no?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Please share how the BOM changed your life, I thought God was the one who did the life changing, no?
I am not going to go into it with you on a public thread. Especially since you have it in you to "convert and save" us.
No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity