Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you believe about Christ's Second Coming, as prophecied in Matthew 24 & 25?
I believe that it is a past event (please explain by post) 15 13.39%
I believe it is an event to come, signaling the end of time and the judgement 37 33.04%
I believe it is an event to come, but there will be a space of time after this before the end of time and judgement. 29 25.89%
I don't know.. but I want to be ready! 17 15.18%
Other (please explain by post) 14 12.50%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:40 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Again, when one cannot adequately debate on the verses in question, one resorts to name calling. If anyone disagrees here with the futurist teachings, they are quickly labeled unbelievers and lacking in faith!

"One cannot reason with faith?" "Faith takes one beyond the obviousness of words?" These are lame statements made by those who cannot intelligently and reasonably debate the truths of the Word of God. This is nothing but a bunch of gobbledygook (wikipedia--"an English term used to describe NONSENSICAL language, sound that resembles language but has no meaning . . . . pretentious language.") curlythecosmos. I see why you don't like reasoning. It is because you can't! One can't prove his position through reasoning and sound biblical principles so he resorts to empty philosophical statements such as yours.

Words mean things or else there is NO communication. And words REALLY mean things when they are taken in their CONTEXT!

Do you not see the parallel of the wilderness wanderings for FORTY YEARS and the time of FORTY YEARS given to those first-century Jews? The former rejected God and did not enter His rest and the land because of unbelief and those apostate rebellious Jews of Jesus day (see Matthew 23 if you want to know His assessment of them) rejected God and did not enter His rest or the kingdom (A.D. 70).

Paul is warning his first-century brethren of Rome to whom he is writing and those contemporaneous to them who would read the letter that they, like their fellow Jews before them, would not enter the soon coming rest if they did not believe! Who brought perfect rest? Not Joshua--not the Old Covenant with its types and shadows. But Jesus--the antitype of ALL types and the substance of ALL of the shadows. Study this entire magnificent book for that is the theme of it. Jesus is EVERYTHING necessary to fulfill ALL of the OT typology.

When would that COMPLETE rest come? When He came. And when did He come according to the WORDS which you want to ignore--SOON in THAT day. There is rest not in this world but in that "heavenly country" Abraham longed for and waited for where Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Why do you place the first person personal pronoun in my statement in bold letters, curlythecosmos? What are you trying to say? Are you implying and am I to infer that you were accusing me of attempting to satisfy myself? If so, you did not understand my very clear statement.

Again, and I see that I cannot say this often enough--BE CAREFUL of what you accuse others lest YOU YOURSELF be found guilty of that very thing.

I grow weary of people here grabbing isolated verses and throwing them at people out of CONTEXT to make them say something they do not say. Let us be CAREFUL how we use God's precious word. We will all be held accountable!

Are YOU a believer?

Preterist
Yes, most definitely I am a believer in Jesus Christ. Does that bother you?
I'm not afraid of your intimidation and accusations, because that is all it is!
God is the judge of my life, not you! He knows what is in my heart, not you!
Some wise advice for you is that you need to read what you have just posted! Because what has been measured out, Preterist, it is coming right back at ya!!!

Blessings have a wonderful day!!!!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 07-04-2008 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YahwehisGod View Post
I never claimed that you did.

I am not talking about the proof one receives through salvation. I am talking about a knowledge of God which ALL men possess, yet which most suppress with unrighteousness.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things." - Romans 1:18-23

God has revealed Himself to ALL, and His existence can be clearly seen -- whether fallen man admits it or not. Please visit the links I gave you in the previous post for more on this.

- Joel
Ok! Good now that is cleared. Have no disagreement what you have posted... your right!
Blessing have a wonderful day!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:41 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Some wise advice for you is that you need to read what you have just posted! Because what has been measured out, Preterist, it is coming right back at ya!!!

Reread your first post, curlythecosmo--YOU were accusing me of not having faith! I did not judge what was in your heart--I cautioned you to be careful about what you accuse others!

I was not trying to intimidate. Read your post,curlythecosmo. It is filled with empty philosophy and not the fruit of personal Bible study. That is what I am encouraging you and others to do--personal, serious Bible study not the "sharing" of opinions."

Did you or did you not thoroughly investigate Hebrews 4 before you attempted to apply it to ME?

Preterist

Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I did not post God does not exist......
A "person" can not prove God to anyone, especially to one who does not believe! Only God can prove Himself to a heart of unbelief. Through His Holy Spirit.
Yes!!! The Holy Spirit does the convicting of the hearts! Godspeed!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:24 PM

348 posts, read 557,348 times
Default KJV is not reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Byron,
]Unless you personally have written the concordance, you are relying on somebody else, aren't you?

What was the excuse before the KJV, the Dead Sea Scrolls?
Quote:
KJV was found to be almost 100% word for word.
The Dead Sea Scrolls authorship dates back 1000 years from any known transcripts up to that time of discovery in 1949.

The problem doesn't start within the KJV. Its with people who listen to what their itching ears want to hear. Grant it, some are theologians. Some start their own cults, some of those cults turn into very large church bodies that we have today. Some of those church bodies have the name Jesus or Saints or Jehovah in them. The devil has his cronies too, and they do print concordances.
KJV is full of faults. That is why we need to go back to the original texts in Greek. In order to understand anything we must investigate. When we see that we are walking "not according to God" then we must change. This is how the spirit works in us. No change, and no more "revealing" of the word from God. Dead. Spiritually.

KJV is a good translation but is far from not being corrupted.

In Hebrews 9:26 the KJV says, "But now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

Please read the above very carefully!

The end of the world has not come, yet Christ has already appeared. Therefore this is a false statement. The New American Standard Bible (NASB) says "but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested." It was at the end of the Old Testament ages that Christ appeared, not at the end of the world. The KJV mistranslates this Greek word aion as world. The word means age. The KJV does this about 40 times. Each time is a mistake and misleads the reader.

There are three words for "world" in Greek, ("kosmos," "oikoumene," and "aion") only one word is used in KJV.

How does this big mistake qualify the KJV be, and I quote: "KJV was found to be almost 100% word for word".

Another quick example that comes to mind is "Easter". More pagan indoctrination. Acts 12:4 in the KJV says Herod was planning "after Easter" to bring Peter out. The KJV translates this same Greek word as "Passover" 28 times. This is the only time they translate this Greek word as "Easter." Either the translators were wrong 28 times or they are wrong in Acts 12:4.

Young is a pretty good translation, which is more on the line of "word for word". It uses passover correctly.

(Young) Acts 12:4 whom also having seized, he did put in prison, having delivered [him] to four quaternions of soldiers to guard him, intending after the passover to bring him forth to the people.

Are they on purpose? I think Easter is.

Two examples of very big mistakes. there are many more!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:26 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Why do nations need Satan to deceive them? Is not man sinful enough in and of himself? The concept of Satan deceiving the nations pertains to the middle wall of partition that existed between Jews and Gentiles. That wall was destroyed by the coming of Christ and the taking of the gospel message to the Gentiles. All are now one in Christ through the New Covenant in His blood.

Paul said in Romans 16:20--"The God of peace will crush Satan under YOUR feet SHORTLY." Paul is speaking to those first-century brethren at Rome. Satan was to be "crushed" under THEIR feet. This is a reference to Genesis 3:15, the protevangelium.

What did Christ Himself say concerning judgment of this world and the Devil? After predicting His approaching death and asking that the Father glorify His name, a voice came from heaven, saying "I have both glorified it [His name] and will glorify it again."

Jesus then explained this to the people who had heard the voice--

John 12:31--"This voice did not come because of Me, but for YOUR SAKE. NOW is the judgment of this world; NOW the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up will draw ALL peoples [nations] to Myself." In Christ's victorious return in glory in A.D. 70, Satan was fully crushed "under the feet" of THOSE persecuted saints.

Preterist

Clear contradiction. Why do the nations need Satan to deceived them? Isn't that the origin of sin? SATAN? Sin and Satan go hand in hand.
To have destroyed Satan is to have destroyed sin. You state, that Satan was fully crushed "under the feet" of those persecuted saints?" And the nations are now being deceived by sinful men? But sin was destroyed, because Christ has already come! Is this the hogwash you're really trying to disburse to people that are truly seeking to find God? I urge you to stop Preterist! Stop it! You have allowed yourself to be inhabited with doctrine of demons! Because you have turn your ears away from the truth, and allow yourself to be turned aside to fables.

By your own admission, you once new the truth. By your own admission, you cast aside truth to be self taught. By your own admission, you became a Preterist before you even knew what the word meant. And by your own admission, you have become a slave of corruption. Turn back before it's to late!

For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. (2 Peter Chapter 2 Versus 20-21).

Old 07-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by curlythecosmo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
originally posted by Preterist
Reread your first post, curlythecosmo--YOU were accusing me of not having faith! I did not judge what was in your heart--I cautioned you to be careful about what you accuse others!

I was not trying to intimidate. Read your post,curlythecosmo. It is filled with empty philosophy and not the fruit of personal Bible study. That is what I am encouraging you and others to do--personal, serious Bible study not the "sharing" of opinions."

Did you or did you not thoroughly investigate Hebrews 4 before you attempted to apply it to ME?

Preterist
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I said preterism is not of faith! Not, preterist, ones post name! Reread it yourself..... All the way through my post it is stated preterism!

Quote:
I'm beginning to understand through all this it is not about words, history, etc., preterism, I believe it is a rooted cause in unbelief. The refuting and testimony has no substance.
No, I didn't accuse one of anything......I only took from one's own worded statement as an example for preterism being rooted in unbelief. It is one's own heart that is standing and accusing it's self.....

Quote:
Original quote: Preterist

Quote:
As a new believer, I was taught pre-mil, pre-trib., dispensationalism. That was all I knew. I became well versed in all the events of the "end times"--the 1000-year reign, the anti-Christ, the beast of Revelation, the resurrection, the great battle of Armageddon, and the burning up of the heavens and the earth. Maybe you're smarter than I am, but I was troubled by the fact that I really had to force and twist the Scriptures to coordinate all of these things, often grabbing verses from here and there to hold it all together. I decided one day to cast it all aside and start fresh. I wanted to know for myself without anyone's else input, what saith the Scriptures. It took me many years to study my way to preterism--in fact, I became a preterist before I even knew what that word meant!
One has accused those who believe in pre-mil, pre-trib, dispensationalism and so on, in being incorrect and not according to the scripture.
One has been posting to everyone they are wrong and throwing ones reasoning and discrediting the scripture of their faith in their hearts.......

When one is actually calling God stupid!

Because He is the one who has given us the faith to believe, that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and died for our sins, and has risen and now sitting at the right hand of the Father, interceding for our lives.
He is coming again to judge sin and the world. When, I do not know, but I am not worried.
For I know in Whom, I have believed. He will keep us until that day of His glorious return. For He said, He will never leave us, nor forsake us. That He has gone to prepare a place for us and will return. In the same matter that He left.

So because my reasoning does not match up to another's, I'm accused of empty philosophy, a bunch of goobledygoof, I don't like to reason and that I can't. My faith is a bunch of lame statements?

Hello....... Tell Jesus for me, OK? Maybe He will send His Holy Spirit to gift me in reasoning, philosophy, and cleanse all the gobbledygoof, and lame statements from my heart!

This is not judging what is in one's heart? And telling God who created me, and whom gave me the gift of salvation by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ, lame, and etc?

Read it here; I have it:
Quote:
These are lame statements made by those who cannot intelligently and reasonably debate the truths of the Word of God. This is nothing but a bunch of gobbledygook (wikipedia--"an English term used to describe NONSENSICAL language, sound that resembles language but has no meaning . . . . Pretentious language.") curlythecosmos. I see why you don't like reasoning. It is because you can't! One can't prove his position through reasoning and sound biblical principles so he resorts to empty philosophical statements such as yours.
Now Preterist, tell Jesus that the faith He has given me and other's is nonsensical and resorts to empty philosophical. Because they don't agree with Preterism!

My original post was a obsevation of what preterism is...... and I still stand and believe it is unbelief.....

Old 07-04-2008, 01:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
KJV is full of faults. That is why we need to go back to the original texts in Greek. In order to understand anything we must investigate. When we see that we are walking "not according to God" then we must change. This is how the spirit works in us. No change, and no more "revealing" of the word from God. Dead. Spiritually.

KJV is a good translation but is far from not being corrupted.

In Hebrews 9:26 the KJV says, "But now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

Please read the above very carefully!

The end of the world has not come, yet Christ has already appeared. Therefore this is a false statement. The New American Standard Bible (NASB) says "but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested." It was at the end of the Old Testament ages that Christ appeared, not at the end of the world. The KJV mistranslates this Greek word aion as world. The word means age. The KJV does this about 40 times. Each time is a mistake and misleads the reader.

There are three words for "world" in Greek, ("kosmos," "oikoumene," and "aion") only one word is used in KJV.

How does this big mistake qualify the KJV be, and I quote: "KJV was found to be almost 100% word for word".

Another quick example that comes to mind is "Easter". More pagan indoctrination. Acts 12:4 in the KJV says Herod was planning "after Easter" to bring Peter out. The KJV translates this same Greek word as "Passover" 28 times. This is the only time they translate this Greek word as "Easter." Either the translators were wrong 28 times or they are wrong in Acts 12:4.

Young is a pretty good translation, which is more on the line of "word for word". It uses passover correctly.

(Young) Acts 12:4 whom also having seized, he did put in prison, having delivered [him] to four quaternions of soldiers to guard him, intending after the passover to bring him forth to the people.

Are they on purpose? I think Easter is.

Two examples of very big mistakes. there are many more!
You only prove my point about people who need to use "inaccuracies" about the KJV translation as the basis for their reasoning. Those who come from that view, is beyond reasonable conversation.

I have no doubt you think you have the same insight as those who have DR. degrees. Unless you substantiate that your knowledge is from creditable sources besides from the preterists wanna be's kitchen table, your quoting Greek has no impression.

I will say again, the problem is with doubting Gods Word, not KJV. I am instructed to do this to you:

"Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh."

I hope for your sake that you will enter heaven as if the very hairs on the back of your neck has been singed from fleeing a burning building.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Virtually any concordance and the context provides the meaning. Look at the root words and what they mean - not the commentators saying "by imp:" and then explaining why the KJV says what it says. If you let the theologians interprete the meaning for you, that's when the trouble starts.

blessings,
- Byron
Byron,
Thanks to Hiram, i came upon more verses about hell fire:

Deuteronomy 29:22-24
Your children who follow you in later generations and foreigners who come from distant lands will see the calamities that have fallen on the land and the diseases with which the LORD has afflicted it. The whole land will be a burning waste of salt and sulfur—nothing planted, nothing sprouting, no vegetation growing on it. It will be like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, which the LORD overthrew in fierce anger. "ALL" the nations will ask: "Why has the LORD done this to this land? Why this fierce, burning anger?"

Job 20:23
When he has filled his belly, God will vent his burning anger against him and rain down his blows upon him.

Psalm 11:6
On the wicked he will rain fiery coals and burning sulfur; a scorching wind will be their lot.

Psalm 18:8
Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it.

Psalm 120:4
He will punish you with a warrior's sharp arrows, with burning coals of the broom tree.

Psalm 140:10
Let burning coals fall upon them; may they be thrown into the fire, into miry pits, never to rise.

Isaiah 9:5
Every warrior's boot used in battle and every garment rolled in blood will be destined for burning, will be fuel for the fire.

Isaiah 13:13
Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger.

Isaiah 30:27
See, the Name of the LORD comes from afar, with burning anger and dense clouds of smoke; his lips are full of wrath, and his tongue is a consuming fire

Exodus 15:7
In the greatness of your majesty you threw down those who opposed you. You unleashed your burning anger; it consumed them like stubble.

Isaiah 33:14
The sinners in Zion are terrified; trembling grips the godless: "Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?"

Matthew 3:12
His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

2 Peter 2:6
if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;

Revelation 14:10
he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

The second death! Eternal punishment, fiery lake, torment, unquenchable fire, consuming fire, burning anger, burning coals of sulfur, scorching anger, rain down his blows upon him!
Only the lies from Satan says it aint so!

Who should be afraid - The sinners in Zion are terrified; trembling grips the godless.... Don't fool yourself, no "unclean" person will be found in Zion or on its highway. The unclean are the weeds sown by the enemy of Gods Church.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-04-2008 at 02:12 PM..

Old 07-04-2008, 01:44 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,247 times
215 Questions for Pre-Tribulational, Pre-Millennial Dispensationalists

1) Why was Daniel told to seal the words of his prophecy for the time of the end (Daniel 12:4,9) , but John was told to NOT seal his prophecy, because the time was at hand (Revelation 22:10) ?
2) If Revelation was not to be sealed, but Daniel was to be sealed because it was for many days (Daniel 10:14) , then many days are only 500 years, and if that is true, how can "at hand" be for 2000 years?
3) Is the new heaven and earth before the 1000 years (2nd Peter 3) or after the 1000 years (Revelation 21) ?
4) Why is there no noticeable difference between the "rapture" texts and the "2nd coming" texts?
5) How can Jesus' kingdom be physical when Jesus rejected a physical kingdom in John 6:15 and Pilate did not believe he was going to establish a physical kingdom which would overthrow Rome (Luke 23:14) ?
6) Why did Jesus go back to heaven after his resurrection, if he really wanted to establish an earthly kingdom?
7) Why didn't Jesus stay on earth if he wanted to establish an earthly kingdom?
8) How can Jesus' kingdom be set up in earthly Jerusalem, when Jesus himself said the hour was coming when worshipping God would NOT be in Jerusalem (John 4:21) ?
9) Why would Jesus' kingdom be set up in earthly Jerusalem, knowing Jesus condemned their city several times (Matthew 21-25) ?
10) Why would Jesus' kingdom be set up in earthly Jerusalem, even though Paul said earthly Jerusalem was bondage and the old covenant (Galatians 4:24-25) ?
11) How can Jesus' kingdom have not yet come, when John the baptist, Jesus Christ and the apostles all declared the "kingdom of God is at hand" (Matthew 3:2, 4:17, 10:7) ?
12) How can Jesus' kingdom be seen by everyone when Jesus himself said it comes NOT with observation (Luke 17:20) ?
13) How can Jesus' kingdom be seen by everyone when Paul said it is NOT meat and drink, but righteousness, joy, and peace in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:17) ?
14) How can Jesus' kingdom be worldly/earthly, when Jesus himself said "My kingdom is not of this world" in John 18:36?
15) How can the "millennial" kingdom of God be of the jews when Jesus himself said he took the kingdom away from them and gave it to the gentiles who produce the fruits (Matthew 21:43) ?
16) If Jesus took the kingdom from the jews and gave it to the gentiles, why is there no scripture to show another transfer back to the jews?
17) If God was going to go back to the jews/national Israel, why does Deuteronomy 28 vividly describe the events of 70 AD which proves that God DESTROYED national Israel forever because they rejected his ordinances and commandments?
18) Why is there not a shred of proof that modern jews are descendants of Abraham or the tribes of Israel?
19) Why is there much more evidence that modern jews are people descended from the gentile kingdom of Khazaria, who simply practice judaism?
20) If there is a 2000+ year gap between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel, why doesn't Daniel, or any other scripture mention it?
21) Wouldn't that mean if there was a gap between the 69th and 70th week, according to Deuteronomy 18, that Daniel's prophecy did NOT come to pass as he said and therefore he was a false prophet?
22) If there is a 2000+ year gap between the 4th kingdom and the made up "5th kingdom" in Daniel 2 and 7, why doesn't Daniel or any other scripture mention it?
23) How can there be a 2000+ year gap between the 4th and "5th" kingdom, but all the previous kingdoms were consecutive with no gaps?
24) If the 70th week is still in the future, why did Jesus say "the time is fulfilled" in Mark 1:15?
25) If the 70th week is still in the future, why were there jews in expectation of the Messiah - Luke 3:15?
26) If the 70th week is still in the future, why did Jesus tell Peter to forgive his brother 70 times 7 in Matthew 18:22?
27) If the 70th week is still in the future, why does Daniel say Messiah would come after 69 weeks (483 years) and the prophecy began when the decree to rebuild Jerusalem was given in 456 BC?
28) Wouldn't that mean the 69th week ended in 27 AD and the 70th week began in 27 AD, when Jesus was 30 years old and was baptized?
29) If the 70th week is still in the future, why does scripture say Jesus confirmed the covenant in Galatians 3:17 which refers to Daniel 9:27?
30) If the 70th week is still in the future, why did Jesus' crucifixion, which was 3.5 years after his baptism (midst of the week) , cause the sacrifices and oblations to fail/cease (Hebrews 7:27, 9:26) ?
31) If the 70th week is still in the future, why exactly 3.5 years after Jesus' crucifixion (midst of the week) , did the gospel go to the gentiles (Acts 13:46) ?
32) If the 70th week is still in the future, why does the New Testament say that all the events of Daniel 9:24 were fulfilled when Jesus Christ came?
33) If "finishing the transgression" is not yet fulfilled, why does scripture record Israel finished her transgression and filled up her sins and the measure of her fathers by killing the Messiah (Matt 21:33-45; Matt 23:29-36 cp Gen 15:16; I Thes 2:14- 16; Matt 3:7-12; Acts 3:13-15; 7:51-53; Dan 8:12,23) ?
34) If an "end of sins" is not yet fulfilled, why does scripture record Jesus made an end of sins by purging them away (Matthew 1:21; John 1:29; Acts 5:31; Rom 3:25; 8:3; Titus 2:14; Heb 1: 3; 9:26; 10:12,17; I Pet 2:24; I John 2:1-2; 3:5; Rev 1:5) ?
35) If "reconcilation for iniquity" is not yet fulfilled, why does scripture record Jesus made reconciliation for iniquity (Romans 5:10; II Cor 5:18-20; Ephesians 2:14-17; Col 1:21-22; Heb 2:17) ?
36) If "to bring in everlasting righteousness" is not yet fulfilled, why does scripture record Jesus brought in everlasting righteousness (II Cor 5:21; I Cor 1:30; Rom 3:25- 26; 5:17-21; 8:1-4; 10:4; Gal 2:21; 5:5; Eph 4:24; Phil 3:9; II Tim 4:8; II Pet 1:1; 3:13; Rev 19:8; 22:11) ?
37) If "to seal up the vision and prophecy" is not yet fulfilled, why does scripture record Jesus sealed up the vision and prophecy by blinding the Jews to understanding of the Scriptures (Is 8:16; 29:11; Daniel 8:26; 12:4; Matt 13:10-16; 22:29; Luke 24:44- 47; John 12:37-41; Acts 3:17; 13:27; 28:23-29; Rom 9:32-33; 11:7-10,25; I Cor 1:22-23; 2:6-8; II Cor 3:14; I Pet 2:7-8; Revelation 10:4; 22:10) ?
38) If "to anoint the Most Holy" is not yet fulfilled, why does scripture record Jesus was anointed as the most Holy at His baptism (Psalm 2:2; 45:7; Isaiah 11:1-5; 42:1; 61:1-3; Matt 3:13-17; 12:28; 16:16; Mark 1:24; Luke 1:35; 4:16-21,34; John 1:29-34; 3:34; 6:69; 10:36-38; 11:27; Acts 4:27; 10:38; Heb 1:9; I John 5:6) ?
39) If Jesus is going to rapture the church out of the world, why does Jesus pray for the exact opposite thing to happen (that the church would NOT be taken out of the world) in John 17:15,20?
40) If God is going to give the "land" to the jews in the future millennium, how can he possibly keep that promise, when it is also taught He will burn up the entire earth at the 2nd coming?
41) Wouldn't that mean it wasn't the land He promised them?
42) If there is no physical death in the new heaven and earth, why does Isaiah 65:20 say the child will die at 100?
43) If the teaching that 1 day = 1000 years and 1000 years = 1 day to the Lord (2nd Peter 3:8) is how we are to read time in scripture, does that mean that the 1000 years in Revelation 20 is a single 24 hour day?
44) If the teaching that 1 day = 1000 years and 1000 years = 1 day to the Lord (2nd Peter 3:8) is how we are to read time in scripture, does that mean the church of Smyrna would have tribulation for 10,000 years (Revelation 2:10) ?
45) If the teaching that 1 day = 1000 years and 1000 years = 1 day to the Lord (2nd Peter 3:8) is how we are to read time in scripture, does that mean Jesus was in the grave for 3,000 years (Matthew 12:40) ?
46) If the teaching that 1 day = 1000 years and 1000 years = 1 day to the Lord (2nd Peter 3:8) is how we are to read time in scripture, does that mean it took the disciples 6,000 years to reach the mount of transfiguration (Matthew 17:1) ?
47) If the teaching that 1 day = 1000 years and 1000 years = 1 day to the Lord (2nd Peter 3:8) is how we are to read time in scripture, does that mean Jesus was tempted of the devil for 40,000 years (Luke 4:2) ?
48) If time means nothing to God, why does God constantly use time restricted statements such as shortly, at hand, near, quickly, end of all things, last times, last hour, last days, last day, this generation, etc?
49) If time means nothing to God, why does God consider 70 years a long time (Jeremiah 29:10,28) ?
50) If time means nothing to God, why would He give Daniel a 70 week prophecy (Daniel 9:24) ?
51) If time means nothing to God, why did God create a 7 day week (Genesis 1-2) ?
52) If time means nothing to God, why would He command the Israelites to keep appointed feast days which they knew by the month they were in (Leviticus 23:34) ?
53) If time will end after the new heaven and new earth, why does the tree of life produce fruit every month (Revelation 22:2) ?
54) If the great tribulation (Daniel 12:1, Matthew 24:21) is GLOBAL, why did Jesus only tell those living in Judea to flee to the mountains (Matthew 24:16) ?
55) If the great tribulation (Daniel 12:1, Matthew 24:21) is GLOBAL, why did Daniel only refer to it occurring to those who were the "children of thy people"?
56) If Jesus' purpose for coming in the flesh was to destroy the devil (Hebrews 2:14, 1st John 3:8) , and Paul said Satan would be crushed under the Romans' feet shortly in the 1st century (Romans 16:20) , how can Satan still be here?
57) Did Jesus forget to destroy Satan and decide to let Satan linger 2000 years longer?
58) If the 2nd coming of Jesus is Jesus coming in a physical, fleshly body, why does Paul say we would know Christ after the flesh no more (2nd Cor. 5:16) ?
59) If the 2nd coming of Jesus would be the world seeing him coming in a physical body, why does Jesus say "In a little while and the world will see me no more" in John 14:19?
60) Why did the high priest accuse Jesus of blasphemy for saying he would come in the clouds sitting on the right hand of power (Matthew 26:64-65) ?
61) If Jesus has not returned, then why do people say Christians go to heaven and the wicked go to hell at death?
62) If Christians go to heaven and the wicked go to hell at death, wouldn't that mean that salvation, redemption and judgment has already come to the world?
63) If Christians go to heaven and the wicked go to hell at death , then doesn't scripture prove Jesus has returned?
64) If most bible prophecy has not been fulfilled or is being fulfilled today, why doesn't ANY New Testament scripture say its fulfillment would be 2000 years later, but rather speak about it being fulfilled in their lifetime?
65) If the book of Revelation is for us today in the year 2005, does that mean it was NOT to the 7 churches in Asia, which Revelation says it was written to?
66) If the book of Revelation is for us today in the year 2005, does this mean John was writing to figments of his imagination, since it didn't apply to the 1st century churches?
67) Why would John write to those 7 churches in the 1st century if it had nothing to do with them?
68) If "at hand" in scripture doesn't really mean anything, why would Jesus warn his disciples to not go after false Christs who say "the time is at hand" (Luke 21:8) ?
69) How could they tell when the time would be at hand versus when it was not at hand if at hand means 2000 years or longer?

71) Why isn't there a single scripture that says Christ's coming was "not at hand"?
72) If "delay" means nothing in scripture, why does Jesus say the evil servant says the lord delays his coming (Matthew 24:48) ?
73) How could Jesus possibly accuse someone of being an evil servant, if delay doesn't mean anything?
74) How could his 12 disciples know who was false, if delay isn't in "human time"?
75) Why does Hebrews 10:37 say that "For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not delay"?
76) Why does Paul say that nobody has immortality until the 2nd coming of Christ and therefore cannot go to heaven until the 2nd coming? (1st Timothy 6:14-16, 1st Corinthians 15:51-54) ?
77) If Elijah the prophet has not yet come, why did Jesus say emphatically in 2 plain scriptures (Matthew 11:7-15, 17:10-13) that John the baptist was "Elijah who was to come"?
78) If Elijah the prophet has not yet come, does that mean Jesus isn't the Messiah?
79) If Elijah the prophet didn't come, even though Jesus said he did come, does that mean Jesus lied or mislead his own disciples?
80) If antichrist is a single person who is a world leader in the end of time, why doesn't a single scripture speak about it?
81) If there is a 7 year tribulation in the future, why doesn't scripture speak about it?
82) If the beast can be mortally wounded and be raised from the dead by Satan (Revelation 13:3) , wouldn't that mean Satan can do something ONLY God can do (John 6:39-40) ?
83) If the 144,000 from Revelation 7 and 14 are still yet in the future, jewish virgins, why do John, Paul and James speak about them as already in existence (Romans 16:5, 1st Cor 16:15, James 1:1,18) ?
84) If the 144,000 from Revelation 7 and 14 are still yet in the future, why are they described as FIRSTFRUITS?
85) If the 144,000 from Revelation 7 and 14 are the FIRSTFRUITS, wouldn't that show they are the FIRST and not the last Christians?
86) If the last days are today in 2005, why did Peter and Paul both say the last days were in their lifetime (Acts 2:16-17, Hebrews 1:1-2) ?
87) If the end of the world (age) is still in the future, why does Hebrews 9:26 declare the end of the world (age) was present day in the 1st century?
88) If the age we are living in will end in the future, then why does Ephesians 3:21, Hebrews 12:21-28 say the Christian age has no end?
89) If the bible is to be read 100% literally, why are terms like at hand, quickly, shortly, etc and the original audience (Romans, Corinthians, etc) not read literally?
90) If the marriage supper of the lamb is after the rapture, why does scripture say it happens after Mystery Babylon is destroyed (Revelation 19) ?
91) Wouldn't that mean the rapture happens after Mystery Babylon's destruction, thus meaning it is "post-trib"?
92) If the parable of the fig tree (Matthew 24:32) is the fleshly nation of Israel becoming a nation again, what about the same parable in Luke 21:29-30 which says "behold the fig trees and all the trees"?
93) Wouldn't that mean that Israel (the fig tree) becomes a nation again and ALL the other nations (all the trees) become nations again?
94) Did ALL the other nations become nations again in 1948?
95) If a person believes that Christians are the Israel of God (Galatians 6:16) , and NOT fleshly jews (Matthew 3:9, John 8:44) , why do dispensationalists call those who believe it "anti-semitic"?
96) What do you call a person who begs you to send money to get as many jews to the land of Israel (Wings of Eagles) , but they do so with the belief that 2/3 of those jews will be slaughtered in a future tribulation (Zechariah 13:7-9) ?
97) Wouldn't people who supports a future holocaust be considered pre-meditated murderers?.
98) Wouldn't that be more "anti-semitic" than calling the church Israel?
99) If there is going to be a rebuilt jewish temple in the future, why does scripture say God doesn't dwell in temples made with hands anymore (Acts 7:48, 17:24) ?
100) If there is going to be a rebuilt jewish temple in the future, why did God destroy the 2nd temple in AD 70?
101) If there is going to be a rebuilt jewish temple in the future, why are they trying to build it on the old Roman fortress of Antonia (the wailing wall) ?
102) If heaven and earth have not passed away yet, does that mean not one jot or tittle has passed from the law and Jesus did not fulfill it yet (Matthew 5:17-18) ?
103) If we are in the new covenant, which scripture says is forever, why would God go back to a temple system of the old covenant which Paul called bondage (Galatians 4) ?
104) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, why does John give time statements throughout the book pointing to imminent events which fit the description of Jerusalem's destruction from Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 17/21?
105) If Revelation would occur thousands of years after it was written, why does John say the 6th king is the one who "is" which would mean his present day?
106) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, why was he told to measure the temple, if the temple was already destroyed?
107) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, why was John told how long the Gentiles would tread down the city (Revelation 11) which Jesus referred to in Luke 21:24 which were the events from 67-70 AD?
108) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, why is there nothing mentioned about the destruction of Jerusalem?
109) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, how could there be other apostles alive (Revelation 2:2) , when all the apostles except John were dead before 70 AD?
110) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, how could there be jews persecuting Christians (Revelation 2:9,3:9) which would have been impossible after the destruction of Jerusalem?
111) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, why were there 2 different numbers used to calculate the same beast in Revelation 13:18 (616 and 666) which pointed to Nero?
112) What purpose would it serve for John to tell the first readers of his prophecy to "calculate" the number of the name of the beast if he was not to be born until 2000 years later?
113) If God has 2 different plans for jews and gentiles, why does Paul say there isn't any more distinction (Romans 10:12, Galatians 3:28, Colossians 3:11) ?
114) Why did Jesus break the wall of partition between jews and gentiles (Ephesians 2:14) if there is going to be a partition in a future millennium?
115) If there are no signs for the rapture, why did Paul say there were (1st Thessalonians 4:15-5:9, 2nd Thessalonians 2:1-12) ?
116) If the rapture is mentioned in Matthew 24, where is the 2nd coming mentioned in Matthew 24?
117) If Jesus said nobody knows the day or hour of his coming, and that means we cannot know when he is coming, why did Jesus spend 31 verses telling them what to watch for?
118) Why would Paul compare His coming to being like a pregnant woman (1st Thessalonians 5:3) ?
119) Does a pregnant woman know the "day or hour" of giving birth?
120) Does a pregnant woman understand she would give birth within 9 months?
121) If that is true, then does that mean they could know his coming would happen within a certain period of time such as "this generation" (Matthew 24:34) ?
122) If Jesus cannot come until the gospel is preached to every single person in the world, will he ever come, since the world's population doubles every 18 years and those who haven't heard the gospel yet are more people than the entire world during the time of Jesus?
123) What about women who are pregnant today and in the future, does that mean that as long as there are pregnant women every day, that the gospel cannot be "preached" to every single person?
124) If the gospel cannot be preached to every single person, does that mean that Jesus could never come back?
125) If the great commission (Mark 16:15) is not yet fulfilled, why did Paul say it was fulfilled in Romans 1:8, 10:18, 16:26, Colossians 1:5-6, 23?
126) If the new Jerusalem is a physical location, how was it possible that the Hebrews in the 1st century were already there (Hebrews 12:22) if it had not come down yet?
127) If the mark of the beast is a microchip or physical tattoo, does that mean the seal of God is also a microchip or a tattoo?
128) How can the zionist movement to restore Israel be fulfillment of Israel being gathered, when scripture says they cannot be gathered except in a state of repentance (Jeremiah 50:4-5) ?
129) Was the zionist movement in 1948 in a state of repentance?
130) If Revelation was written after 70 AD, why is there no evidence to prove it?
131) Why are there some who claim Israel did not get all their land yet?
132) Why does scripture record they got all the "land promises" to Abraham (Genesis 15:18 and 22:17) which were fulfilled, because God kept his promises? - (Joshua 11:23; 21:23-25, 1 Kings 4:20-21, Nehemiah 9:7-8, and Psalm 105:42-44)
133) If the promises to Israel are forever and unconditional, why does God say it is conditional in Deuteronomy 28?
134) If the man of sin (2nd Thessalonians 2:3) is still in the future, why did Paul say the man of sin was alive in the 1st century (the mystery of iniquity doth already work) ?
135) If dispensationalism has been of the "historic" Christian faith, why was it unheard of prior to the 1830's?
136) If Jesus was going to physically come in the clouds as he left, why did the angel tell them he would come in a like manner (not the exact same way) (Acts 1:11) ?
137) If the angel told the men of Galillee that they would see Jesus come in a like manner (Acts 1:11) , then does that mean he came while the "men of Galillee" were still alive in the 1st century?
138) If John told the 7 churches in Asia that "behold he cometh with clouds and every eye shall see him, also those who pierced him" in Rev 1:7, does that mean those who killed Jesus would be alive when Jesus returned?
139) If God was going to go back to animal sacrifices for sin in a future millennium, does that mean Christ died in vain (Galatians 2:21) ?
140) If "this generation" in every scripture meant the people Jesus was speaking to and about, then how can "this generation" in Matthew 24:34 be talking about people thousands of years later?
141) If prophetic language is LITERAL, does that mean Mount Sinai melted at the presence of the Lord, since the hills melt at the presence of the Lord (Nahum 1:5) ?
142) If there is no more sun in the new heaven and earth, does that mean the Lord's name does not endure forever (Psalms 72:17) ?
143) If there is no more moon in the new heaven and earth, why does Isaiah 66:23 say all flesh would worship God from one new moon to another?
144) If prophetic language is LITERAL, why did none of the cosmic events described in Isaiah 13 literally happen when it was fulfilled according to Daniel 5?
145) If the "whole world" in scripture means "every single person on the globe", did Paul say that people from North and South America, Antartica, Asia, Africa spoke about the faith of the 1st century Romans (Roman 1:8) ?
146) If "caught up" in 1st Thessalonians 4:17 means Jesus will physically take the church out of the planet earth, did the man mentioned in 2nd Corinthians 12 also physically fly off planet earth when it says he was "caught up"?
147) If the resurrection is on the last day (John 11:24) , but the Christian age has no last day (Ephesians 3:21) , then when is the resurrection?
148) If the resurrection is still in the future, why did Jesus say in John 5:25, "the hour is coming and NOW IS, when the dead shall hear the voice of the son of God and they that hear shall live"?
149) If the resurrection is still in the future, why did Daniel say it would be fulfilled when the power of the holy people was completely shattered, which could only be Jerusalem's destruction in 70 AD?
150) If death is physical, why does Paul say death is of sin and the law in 1st Corinthians 15:56?
151) If death is physical, why does Jesus say those who live and believe in him will never die?
152) If death is not physical, then how can the resurrection which redeems us from death be physical?
153) If the resurrection was about physically dead bodies coming out of physical graves, why did Jesus and Paul say the resurrection was about identifying who the people of God were (Luke 20:36, Romans 8:13-25, 2nd Timothy 2:19) ?
154) If John was told to "come up hither" in Revelation 4:1, did he physically leave the planet?
155) If not, why do people use Revelation 4:1 to "prove" the rapture of the church?
156) Why do people say the church is not mentioned after Revelation 4:1, when Revelation 22:16 says it was written to the churches?
157) If there is no sin in the new heaven and earth, how can there still be sinners in it (Isaiah 65:20) ?
158) If those who are "taken" in the rapture according to Matthew 24:40-41 are the righteous, why does the bible say the WICKED were taken in Matthew 24:39?
159) Why should we read the "thousand years" in Revelation 20 as literal, knowing that the number thousand has significant meaning as to completion, perfection, etc (Deut 7:9, 1st Chr 16:15, Psalms 50:10, 105:8) ?
160) If God was going to go back to physical Jews in the future, why doesn't the new testament speak about it?
161) If the bible is to be read 100% literally, why do some dispensationalists say the 7 churches in Asia (Revelation 1-3) are "church ages" and not "literal" churches?
162) If there are 7 church "ages" in Revelation 1-3, why doesn't scripture speak about it?
163) If "shortly" means "2000 years or longer", does that mean it was going to take Timothy 2000 years to be sent to us by Paul (Philippians 2:19) ?
164) If Daniel was told to seal up his words for the time of the end (Daniel 12:4,9) , and Jesus quoted (unsealed) Daniel 12:1-8, wouldn't that mean the time of the end was in the 1st century?
165) If the world is really getting worse and worse and the end is in the next few years, why do dispensationalists get married?
166) Wouldn't that mean they really do NOT believe the end is near, because Paul said the time was short and those who had wives will be as though they had none (1st Cor. 7:29) ?
167) If the world is really getting worse and worse and the end is in the next few years, why do dispensationalists have children?
168) Wouldn't that mean they really do NOT believe the end is near, because Jesus said woe to them with child and who give suck in those days (Matthew 24:19) ?
169) Wouldn't it be very cruel of them to bring a child into a world they honestly believe is getting "worse and worse"?
170) If Jesus' 2nd coming is as a thief, how can he come loudly, visibly that the world can see him coming?
171) Wouldn't a thief come as quietly as they could, so nobody knew he came except the people he warned prior to his coming?
172) If Jesus' 2nd coming is as a thief, wouldn't that mean that nobody knew he came, since nobody knows when a professional thief has come in the night?
173) If nobody knew Jesus' came, except his followers (John 14:22-23) , wouldn't it be very possible that the world didn't know he came at all?
174) If Paul said wolves would enter into the church, teaching perverse things and raising up disciples after themselves (Acts 20:28-31) , isn't it possible that they taught a false eschatology, which is why a majority of the "creeds" afterward missed the 2nd coming?
175) If the jews in the 1st century missed the first coming of Jesus because of their ignorance of the scriptures (Mark 12:24) , isn't it entirely possible that Christians living in the 21st century have missed the 2nd coming of Jesus for the same reason?
176) Why would the gates of New Jerusalem be left open if everything outside this city is destroyed (Revelation.21:25) ?
177) If everyone outside these gates were burned up, and there is nobody left alive outside these gates, why are there people still entering through the gates into the city after the New Jerusalem comes down from Heaven (Revelation 21:24) ?
178) If the resurrection is physical, why did Jesus say those who are resurrected are like the angels of heaven (Matthew 22:30) ?
179) Aren't the angels of heaven "ministering spirits" - Hebrews 1:14?
180) Why do dispensationalists say we are 1) on earth….2) when we die, we go to heaven….3) at the rapture, we come back to earth….4) at the rapture we go back to heaven….5) at the 2nd coming we come back to earth 7 years later to be there for 1000 years….6) after the thousand years, we go to a new heaven and earth?
181) If the world is going to end, why does the bible say it will NEVER end? (Genesis 8:21-22, Psalms 78:69, 89:36-37, 93:1, 96:10, 104:5, 119:90, 148:4-6, Isaiah 45:17, Eccl. 1:4, Ephesians 3:21)
182) If "like manner" is exactly how Jesus would return as he left in Acts 1:11, does that mean Jesus left while all the tribes of the earth (land) were wailing (Zech. 12:10, Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7) ?
183) If "like manner" is exactly how Jesus would return as he left in Acts 1:11, does that means Jesus left riding a white horse (Revelation 19:11) ?
184) If "like manner" is exactly how Jesus would return as he left in Acts 1:11, does that mean Jesus left judging every man according to his works (Matthew 16:27, Revelation 22:12) ?
185) If "like manner" is exactly how Jesus would return as he left in Acts 1:11, does that mean Jesus left and raised the dead in Christ (1st Thess. 4:16-17) ?
186) If "like manner" is exactly how Jesus would return as he left in Acts 1:11, does that mean Jesus left with a sword coming out of his mouth (Revelation 19:15) ?
187) If the end of the age is still in the future, why in Matthew 13:39, 24:3 does it say it was in the future, but only 30 years later, in Hebrews 9:26, the end of the age was present day?
188) How can people justify the end of the age stretching beyond its 30 year fulfillment?
189) If Israel and the Christian church are 2 different groups of people who have 2 separate covenants, and the hope of Israel is the resurrection (Acts 23:6, 24:14-15, 26:6-8) , why is it taught Christians will experience any type of resurrection, being that it was only for Israel?
190) If the Christians will be resurrected, but the hope of Israel is the resurrection, and the resurrection is the hope of the believer (Romans 8:25, Titus 2:13) , would that not clearly prove that the believer in Jesus Christ is considered Israel (Galatians 6:15-16) ?
191) If dispensationalists can believe in an invisible, spiritual coming of Christ for the "rapture", then why do they condemn preterists for teaching in that very same nature of fulfillment in 70 AD?
192) If dispensationalists accuse preterists of being outside the creeds of the Christian faith, because they disagree with the eschatology of the creeds, would that mean that dispensationalists are also outside the creeds of the Christian faith, since they also do not agree with the eschatology of the creeds? (The Nicene creed says Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead, yet dispensationalists say Christ will come again in the rapture and will NOT judge the living and the dead) .
193) If Jesus and the apostles all taught Jesus' coming was thousands of years away (as dispensationalism teaches) , why were the Thessalonians so upset about their loved ones who died before the coming of Christ (1st Thess. 4:13) ?
194) Is it possible that the inspired apostle Paul told them Jesus was coming in their lifetime, which is why they were upset when some of them died before Christ came?
195) Did Paul mislead the Thessalonians if he taught them Jesus was coming in their lifetime, but Jesus didn't really come in their lifetime?
196) If Paul told the Thessalonians that they would be alive when Christ comes (as he writes it) , yet they all died and Christ still hasn't come for 2000 years, does that mean Paul's writings are NOT inspired?
197) If Paul had taught the churches to believe in a physical resurrection, how could Hymaneus have overthrown the faith of some so easily, saying the resurrection was past already (2nd Timothy 2:17-18) ?
198) If Hymaneus told them the resurrection was past already, and they believed in a physical resurrection, wouldn't they have looked in their local cemetaries to see that the bodies were still in the graves, and therefore, their faith could not be overthrown?
199) If Hymaneus taught a different nature of the resurrection than Paul did, why did Paul only condemn the fact Hymaneus was off on the timing?
200) If "at hand" is the correct translation of "enistēmi" in 2nd Thessalonians 2:2, and it says to NOT believe a letter "as from" the apostles that say the day of Christ is "at hand", does that mean we should NOT believe that Romans, James, Phillipians, Hebrews, Revelation, 1st Peter are inspired from the apostles, since they all declare the "day" was "at hand"?
201) If "mello" is translated "about to" in Revelation 10:4 in the KJV, why isn't it translated "about to" in most other texts including prophetic texts in the KJV?
202) If "mello" was translated consistently correct in scripture, then wouldn't that mean there was no doubt as to the time restriction of the Parousia?
203) If the 1900 year "gap" in the 70 weeks was a "secret" that was withheld from Daniel and other prophets, why does Amos 3:7 say God reveals his SECRETS to his servants the prophets?
204) If God reveals his secrets to his servants the prophets, and his prophets don't mention a 1900 year "gap" in Daniel's 70 weeks, then doesn't that mean there is NO gap in the 70 weeks?
205) If Daniel 12 is still in the future, does that mean that "children of thy people" in verse 1 and "the holy people" in verse 7 are the jews living today?
206) If the jews living today are the "holy people" of Daniel 12:7, yet it is taught that God will never destroy the jews and they will keep their land and power forever, then how can the "holy people" have their power completely shattered?
207) If the "holy people" being the jews cannot have their power completely shattered ever, then does that mean that there cannot be a great tribulation (12:1) , resurrection of the just and unjust (12:2) , the righteous shining forth as the firmament (12:3) ?
208) What purpose would it serve for Jesus to come back physically and visibly?
209) Why would Jesus have to come back in the flesh to reign on the earth?
210) Why would Jesus say he would abode with the Father in the believer if Jesus was coming back physically?
211) If Jesus was not omni-present (everywhere at one time) while he was in the flesh, does that mean Jesus won't be omni-present if he comes again in the flesh?
212) If the rapture or 2nd coming is when we shall "see Him as he is", why do those who believe it, say people can go to heaven when they die?
213) Does that mean when they die and go to heaven, they won't "see Him as he is"?
214) Or does it mean that they will "see Him as he is" 2 different times?
70) If Christ was actually in His eternal physical resurrection body, will we be raised with the same physical body and likeness as Christ was raised with (1 John 3:2) ?
a) Was He physical? Will we have that same physical body?
b) Was he any age? What age? Will we be the same age as Christ?
c) Will we too have scars that we had previously? Christ did.
d) Will we all be raised male? Christ was.
e) What about babies? Will they be raised as babies? Or will all people suddenly be raised at the prime age of 30 like Christ?
You may ask, "why did you put the 70th question after the 214th question?" Well, I'm only using the same fallacy of logic dispensationalists use when applying the 70 weeks of Daniel... just consider in the intervening questions part of a gap between the 69th and the 70th!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity