Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 03:31 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times

Advertisements

Usually just baby Christians or Christians who have not developed to God spirit as Jesus is the prince of peace allowing God fight for them and Christian get the victory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2023, 03:33 AM

4,859 posts, read 450,647 times
There ARE legitimate reasons to be angry. More precisely, indignant. I'm a Christian. Forget about that junk about Jesus is my personal savior and I took him into my heart. ...Jeez, I didn't know he could fit in there, anyhow. The kind of Christian I am is one who tries to be faithful, kind, attuned to issues of justice, compassion and even forgiveness. And I know the bible backwards and forwards. (And forgiveness offered too easily and too often in the face of the same repeated offense is not the best solution. Time for counseling, maybe a psychiatrist. I just got lied to AGAIN by a person who claims to love me, who shares my home. My spouse. About something small, not a big deal. But there IS NOTHING WORSE than a lie. And since it was not a big deal, I must ask: WHY on earth would she lie to me about something so insignificant, so fix-able????)

I get angry a lot. This world is totally screwed up. Vested interests are in charge. The people in need are made to jump through a bunch of flaming hoops to get what they need. The ordinary person is just a cog in a wheel: the wheel of money-making capitalism, which does not give two ****s about you and me, because "it's all about the benjamins." People don't matter. It's money that matters.

...And then there are war pigs like Putin and all of the scumpigs running around killing and raping, in Africa. Most of Asia is a disgrace, too. And the Palestinians take it in the shorts, every single day. I believe part of Jesus' message is for us to see ourselves in the faces of all of those others.And what goes on, day after day, just sucks. It hurts. And it makes me angry. There will never be perfection in the midst of flesh and blood. But this world has got its head stuck so far up its ass....... And there are VICTIMS, everywhere you turn. Alleviating the suffering is part-and-parcel of the gospel.

Old 05-26-2023, 09:22 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitonmywhat View Post
There ARE legitimate reasons to be angry. More precisely, indignant. I'm a Christian. Forget about that junk about Jesus is my personal savior and I took him into my heart. ...Jeez, I didn't know he could fit in there, anyhow. The kind of Christian I am is one who tries to be faithful, kind, attuned to issues of justice, compassion and even forgiveness. And I know the bible backwards and forwards. (And forgiveness offered too easily and too often in the face of the same repeated offense is not the best solution. Time for counseling, maybe a psychiatrist. I just got lied to AGAIN by a person who claims to love me, who shares my home. My spouse. About something small, not a big deal. But there IS NOTHING WORSE than a lie. And since it was not a big deal, I must ask: WHY on earth would she lie to me about something so insignificant, so fix-able????)

I get angry a lot. This world is totally screwed up. Vested interests are in charge. The people in need are made to jump through a bunch of flaming hoops to get what they need. The ordinary person is just a cog in a wheel: the wheel of money-making capitalism, which does not give two ****s about you and me, because "it's all about the benjamins." People don't matter. It's money that matters.

...And then there are war pigs like Putin and all of the scumpigs running around killing and raping, in Africa. Most of Asia is a disgrace, too. And the Palestinians take it in the shorts, every single day. I believe part of Jesus' message is for us to see ourselves in the faces of all of those others.And what goes on, day after day, just sucks. It hurts. And it makes me angry. There will never be perfection in the midst of flesh and blood. But this world has got its head stuck so far up its ass....... And there are VICTIMS, everywhere you turn. Alleviating the suffering is part-and-parcel of the gospel.
So, sitonmywhat, tell us "how do you really feel"!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity