Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 02:12 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
SOme of you will hear these very words, from the Lord himself, it is inevitable

Mat 7:21* Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.*

Mat 7:22* Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?*

Mat 7:23* And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.*

You do not have to though. Go to the mercy seat now and meet the King of King. Or do nothing and sit there.

We all have choices. It is the self or Christ, choose one.

It's because God sees what is in our hearts. You can carry on and play the role, but God sees the heart.

This verse is about God teaching us a lesson we need to learn. It's not about God banishing people from His presence forever. Not at all!

It is LOVING instruction from a LOVING God.

A reminder.

If you are a good parent, you point out the error of your child's ways so that they can learn from their mistakes, so they can re-examine what is in their heart, so they can push away the darkness and ignorance within and instead, make a better choice and reach for the light and for knowledge. And you will always, ALWAYS go to the ends of the earth to help your child. God is infinitely wiser and more loving than even the best parent out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2023, 02:38 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It's because God sees what is in our hearts. You can carry on and play the role, but God sees the heart.

This verse is about God teaching us a lesson we need to learn. It's not about God banishing people from His presence forever. Not at all!

It is LOVING instruction from a LOVING God.

A reminder.

If you are a good parent, you point out the error of your child's ways so that they can learn from their mistakes, so they can re-examine what is in their heart, so they can push away the darkness and ignorance within and instead, make a better choice and reach for the light and for knowledge. And you will always, ALWAYS go to the ends of the earth to help your child. God is infinitely wiser and more loving than even the best parent out there.
Nicely put sparrow

The blind that have been led by the blind are not going to be left in the metaphorical ditch

God has given the religious responsibilities over the human creation and how they have managed their resources and time and energy is what the Holy Scriptures are referring to…. There is accountability

Old 06-22-2023, 03:29 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Myself included. I don't need to be saved simply because some random man and woman many generations back ate a piece of fruit that they were told not to and now supposedly all of mankind is doomed to burn in hell for all eternity unless they believe in a belief system that is completely unbelievable.
If that's what you believe Christianity is, it's easy to see why you'd object. This is pretty typical.

Old 06-22-2023, 03:44 PM

4,624 posts, read 1,168,990 times
By Christ saying to them, depart from me I never knew you, He is saying I never Loved you.

Old 06-22-2023, 03:49 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
By Christ saying to them, depart from me I never knew you, He is saying I never Loved you.
That is a lie from the pit of your imaginary hell.

I hope you find your way out, soon.
Truly.

You don't deserve it. You don't derserve to be in this darkness, this not knowing. YOU are loved. I know what you "say" about others (they're not chosen and whatnot).... but you, Brightfame are loved by the same God that loves those you may be having difficulties with, in this present time. It will not always be that way. You are in a certain type of darkness, meaning there is something you cannot see right now. But you will, and when you do, you will shed the things that no longer serve you, and you will be wrapped in joy. Guaranteed.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:14 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
SOme of you will hear these very words, from the Lord himself, it is inevitable

Mat 7:21* Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.*

Mat 7:22* Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?*

Mat 7:23* And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.*

You do not have to though. Go to the mercy seat now and meet the King of King. Or do nothing and sit there.

We all have choices. It is the self or Christ, choose one.
Why do you feel the need to preach to the rest of us? Do you consider us to be perhaps less holy than yourself?

Old 06-23-2023, 09:01 AM

166 posts, read 51,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I remain utterly astounded that such an obviously primitive, spiritually immature, and very ignorant rationale has endured for over two millennia and counting!!!
And so now, we should be sophisticated "Christians" who accept men "marrying" men and women "marrying" women ----- because GOD didn't CREATE Adam and from him design a helpmeet named Eve... Sorry! I will not accept that until JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF tells me that HE just made that all up to make me feel how exactly? Or that GOD created death so millions of years of death would occur that man would drag himself out of the slime --- just needing a little extra lift from CHRIST to become like GOD?

Now for the passage in question: Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Not everyone that calls himself/herself a "Christian" is. It's that simple. And read the passage above and what is blatantly missing? The death, burial, and resurrection of CHRIST are not in the equation. It's all about what they did. They might be using the name of CHRIST, but it is THEIR EFFORT and not by the grace of GOD. Now, if they said, "I'm so unworthy but worthy is the LAMB of GOD who was slain for my transgressions ---- then CHRIST JESUS would have been their friend because they would be acknowledging HIM as the sole reason for their salvation. See JOHN 6:37-40

37 “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I certainly will not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of the One who sent Me. 39 And this is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I shall lose none, but shall raise it up on the last day. 40 And this is the will of the One who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him shall have everlasting life; and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-23-2023 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Don't use red text.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:47 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleNipper View Post
And so now, we should be sophisticated "Christians" who accept men "marrying" men and women "marrying" women ----- because GOD didn't CREATE Adam and from him design a helpmeet named Eve... Sorry! I will not accept that until JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF tells me that HE just made that all up to make me feel how exactly? Or that GOD created death so millions of years of death would occur that man would drag himself out of the slime --- just needing a little extra lift from CHRIST to become like GOD?
So you reject the reality of evolution because of a mythic creation story?

Old 06-23-2023, 10:54 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
So you reject the reality of evolution because of a mythic creation story?
And you accept the myth of evolution because you doubt the Bible?

Jesus affirmed the Creation event. He affirmed Adam and Eve. So sure...if you think Jesus was lying.....wait..you do believe in a literal Jesus, right?

Old 06-23-2023, 11:11 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And you accept the myth of evolution because you doubt the Bible?

Jesus affirmed the Creation event. He affirmed Adam and Eve. So sure...if you think Jesus was lying.....wait..you do believe in a literal Jesus, right?
I already know your views. I'm asking LittleNipper about a comment he made. I don't intent to take the thread off topic by pursuing it beyond the question I asked him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity