Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2024, 04:56 AM

23,316 posts, read 10,614,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
OK... we both agree... your previosu post has nothing to do with salvation.

...and no, salvation is a narrow thing... it's well lit, a narrow way, easy to see, obvious to all.
Salvation is not the narrow way, and it is called the narrow way for a good reason just as the court is called the broad way in comparison.

How do you get into the holy of holies?

There is no entrance, the only way in is squeezing past a 400 pound veil, the reason it's called the narrow way, and very few priests become high priests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 09:33 AM

88,977 posts, read 85,503,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
any way the Bible does not include the final Holy Book
and the final Holy Book is universal and replaced all the previous Holy books by the God desition.
That is the belief of Islam, but not of Christianity, as you are aware. It would be helpful and more honest if you qualified your statement with "I believe" or "Muslims believe" before making a statement contradictory to Christian belief in the Christianity forum.

Quote:
the oldest languages on earth is the language of Adam
Well, then Adam came from Africa, right? (My information is based on knowledge of linguistics, of course, not religious tradition. Truth is, no one can know what the first human language sounded like.)

Old 01-07-2024, 09:52 AM

14,990 posts, read 9,921,886 times
It was a divine language. Adam could speak with God... directly.

Last edited by Dave_n_Tenn; 01-07-2024 at 10:29 AM..

Old 01-07-2024, 10:03 AM

88,977 posts, read 85,503,448 times
Quote:
I was a divine language. Adam could speak with God... directly.
Ta-Da! Good answer, good answer.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:47 AM

1,041 posts, read 812,766 times
Quote:
Jesus is the Son of Mary or ben Mary not ben Joseph

Joseph has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus
Not sure what you mean by that but Joseph WAS His physical father. He didn't call himself "The Son Of Man" for nothing.

Old 01-07-2024, 11:47 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,721,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That is the belief of Islam, but not of Christianity, as you are aware. It would be helpful and more honest if you qualified your statement with "I believe" or "Muslims believe" before making a statement contradictory to Christian belief in the Christianity forum.
I apologize to you and to every one in this forum
and by Allah willing i will start from this moment to use my statement qualified with I believe.

Quote:
Well, then Adam came from Africa, right? (My information is based on knowledge of linguistics, of course, not religious tradition. Truth is, no one can know what the first human language sounded like.)
Adam came from Heaven and he got the langauge from Allah

Old 01-07-2024, 11:15 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,721,914 times
Matthew 9:9 ESV
As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth,
and he said to him, “Follow me.” And he rose and followed him.

If Matthew was the one who wrote these words,
then why did he speak about himself in the third person?

If Matthew was the writer, he would have said,
“And as Jesus was passing from there, he saw me sitting at the tax office and said to me, ‘Follow me.’
So I got up and followed him.”

This method indicates that the writer is not Matthew, a disciple of Jesus.

another verses can not be true

Leviticus 15:29-30 ESV
And on the eighth day she shall take two turtledoves or two pigeons and bring them to the priest,
to the entrance of the tent of meeting.

And the priest shall use one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering.
And the priest shall make atonement for her before the LORD for her unclean discharge.

Last edited by truth_teller; 01-07-2024 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-08-2024, 09:18 AM

10,116 posts, read 5,033,414 times
Quote:
It was a divine language. Adam could speak with God... directly.
Seems as if Hebrew was the first language.
( In high school English a student asked, " What is the most comprehensive language ? " Teacher replied, " Hebrew " )
Yes, Adam could speak directly with God and so can we AFTER the end of Jesus' 1,000 year reign over Earth.
- 1st Corinthians 15:24-26 because sin and death will be No more on Earth.

Old 01-08-2024, 10:51 AM

33,382 posts, read 26,683,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Seems as if Hebrew was the first language.
( In high school English a student asked, " What is the most comprehensive language ? " Teacher replied, " Hebrew " )
Yes, Adam could speak directly with God and so can we AFTER the end of Jesus' 1,000 year reign over Earth.
- 1st Corinthians 15:24-26 because sin and death will be No more on Earth.
No, Hebrew is not the first or oldest language.

https://www.oldest.org/culture/langu...20221%20BCE%29

Old 01-08-2024, 12:56 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,033,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No, Hebrew is not the first or oldest language. ........................
I was referring to pre-Flood times. Adam was first before the Chinese or any others languages.
Oldest or after the Flood ended was when the people migrated away from the Tower of Babel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity