Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 PM

286 posts, read 995,236 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all of you who prayed for me, that I would do well in my interview and be able to make enough money to support my family. I'm a social worker who has recently moved for my wife's job and is out of the field, delivering pizzas part-time and not making enough money to pay the bills. I got a lot of feedback from people on this forum saying they would pray for my interview.

Here's what happened. I went to the interview and I felt that it went really well. The position was a supervisor at a residential treatment facility for adults with mental disabilities. My passion is to work with children with mental/developmental disabilities but I was willing to try working with adults because we need the money and I need to get back into social work. The day after the interview they called me and said that the position was being cut back to two days per week because of budget issues. I was so extremely dissappointed and began questioning God immediately. How could God allow this to happen when he knows how far we are behind in our bills? I had just read the chapter in matthew where Jesus says that if he can look out for the sparrows won't he take extra care to look out for His people. Didn't seem true at that moment. Not two hours later they called back and said that they had a supervisory position for me at a children's treatment home!

How amazing is that? In these last few months of hardship I sought God more than I ever had in my life. He came through big. I hope you can find encouragement in this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 10:03 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,450,824 times
That is wonderful! Congratulations to you. God always comes through if you just trust and believe. God Bless.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:10 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,545,338 times
God hears our prayers..Amen..Best wishes on this new job..

Old 07-31-2008, 10:11 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,156,622 times
How awesome is that?!!! Congratulations!! I know our Father in Heaven always listens to us and gives us what HE knows is best for us. Good for you for having that faith in HIM. I wish you the best.
I recently applied for a job in my field that pays about $25K more than what I make now. I found out yesterday I didn't get it. So this means I will have to take the health insurance on my family out of my plan, b/c it is too expensive. I asked for an $8K raise but got only $3k. But I am still grateful I have a job. I know that HE knows what is best for me and my family. It's a great job, just that the medical insurance is outrageous!!
Oh well I will keep praying that none of my kids or hubby get sick as they will not have health insurance come October 1st. But I know that Heavenly Father will bless me in other ways.
Again, Congrats

Last edited by CTR36; 07-31-2008 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 PM

286 posts, read 995,236 times
Hey, God can do a lot in two months! Keep your head up. I've been without health insurance for a little while now and God has protected me during that time.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:12 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,687,191 times
Thank you for letting us know how things worked out. God is awesome

Old 08-01-2008, 12:55 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,429,310 times
Wonderful news!!!!!!! God is always there, and He does care about every part of our lives, the big and small stuff. Praise and Glory to God!!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 03:23 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,279,627 times
Good to hear.. Praise the Lord!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:46 PM

574 posts, read 2,047,592 times
Praise God!

Thanks for sharing your AWESOME news!

Nancy

Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM

188 posts, read 507,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc121 View Post
Thanks to all of you who prayed for me, that I would do well in my interview and be able to make enough money to support my family. I'm a social worker who has recently moved for my wife's job and is out of the field, delivering pizzas part-time and not making enough money to pay the bills. I got a lot of feedback from people on this forum saying they would pray for my interview.

Here's what happened. I went to the interview and I felt that it went really well. The position was a supervisor at a residential treatment facility for adults with mental disabilities. My passion is to work with children with mental/developmental disabilities but I was willing to try working with adults because we need the money and I need to get back into social work. The day after the interview they called me and said that the position was being cut back to two days per week because of budget issues. I was so extremely dissappointed and began questioning God immediately. How could God allow this to happen when he knows how far we are behind in our bills? I had just read the chapter in matthew where Jesus says that if he can look out for the sparrows won't he take extra care to look out for His people. Didn't seem true at that moment. Not two hours later they called back and said that they had a supervisory position for me at a children's treatment home!

How amazing is that? In these last few months of hardship I sought God more than I ever had in my life. He came through big. I hope you can find encouragement in this.
......................................... .......
{{REFORMED is dancing in computer chair......)
THIS IS WONDERFUL! THANK GOD FOR HIS MIRACLES! WHAT AN ENCOURAGING POST!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity