Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:39 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,167,331 times

Advertisements

Romans 1:18-20

Because mankind did not see fit to acknowledge God and was filled with all kinds of sin, it was worthy of death. We are all worthy of death but if one is to return God, he or she must hear the gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ and come t know Him as Savior. The majority has never heard of Jesus. in this physical life. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
No offense, but that is complete BS. To say that people automatically "know" about a god is completely absurd. What your essentially saying that babies who can't even comprehend things like a mommy and daddy are able to understand the concept of a supernatural being. That makes no sense at all.
Well no offense to you either, but you don't believe in God so of course this doesn't make sense to you. And children (not babies) are capable of understanding how to become saved.

Moderator cut: deletion of orphaned post

This is not about religion, but a relationship with Jesus, and He is the one who said He is the only way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
On the other hand, after years of attending Christian schools and asking many questions, which were never really answered, I researched other religions looking for one that made sense to me...I found none, but in my research came to the conclusion that all religions are invented by humans for various reasons, the main one being fear of death. Instinct does not apply here.
Again, it's not about religion, it's about Jesus.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2008 at 04:45 AM..

Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Since Christians think that "no one cometh to the Father but by me"[Jesus], what do they think becomes of those people who have never heard of or been exposed to the teachings of Jesus? Limbo? Just lay in the grave? Go to hell? Just curious.
They're all going to Hell. It doesn't matter how many good deeds they've done or how virtuous the lives they've lived. They're just screwed. Too bad so sad.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

This is not about religion, but a relationship with Jesus, and He is the one who said He is the only way.

Jesus isn't the only one who said he was the only way. Mohamed said Allah and Islam were the only way.

He has commanded that you only worship Him; that is the right religion, but most men do not understand ". (Soorah Yoosuf 12:40)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Asl’imraan 3:85)

Old 10-13-2008, 08:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
The Bible says they will be beat with fewer strips than those who knew the truth but believed not. That makes me believe they will go to "hell-lite" in other words.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Since Christians think that "no one cometh to the Father but by me"[Jesus], what do they think becomes of those people who have never heard of or been exposed to the teachings of Jesus? Limbo? Just lay in the grave? Go to hell? Just curious.
Once again, people don't go to hell because they never heard the gospel. People got to hell because they broke God's laws.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Once again, people don't go to hell because they never heard the gospel. People got to hell because they broke God's laws.
I think he is asking for those that don't know the gospel and thus don't know God's laws..

what happens to them?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:51 PM

661 posts, read 1,184,234 times
Quote:
The Bible says that even looking at creation mankind should know that God exsists and they are without excuse.
Many millions of non-christians have been brought up to believe that their own deity created the world. That excuses them.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Are you saying we all instinctively 'know' Gods laws?People on this board who have spent plenty of time reading the bible dont agree on many things,plenty of people around the world have never seen a bible.Why would a loving God allow children to be born in china knowing they would face near certain damnation?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Are you saying we all instinctively 'know' Gods laws?People on this board who have spent plenty of time reading the bible dont agree on many things,plenty of people around the world have never seen a bible.Why would a loving God allow children to be born in china knowing they would face near certain damnation?
No one is going to face eternal damnation. God has a plan and a purpose which he will fullfill in his time. This earthly life is not the end my friend. It is but a vapor in time. We could never know or understand God or the depth of his love if we never experienced evil. God is the one who put Adam and Eve in the garden. God is the one who put the tree of knowledge of good and evil right smack dab in the center of the garden. Did you notice that. The tree has knowledge of BOTH good and evil..same tree. They had to partake of the tree..it was God`s plan. We could never appreciate who God is if we never knew anything different. You couldn`t appreciate the light if you never experienced darkness. You couldn`t appreciate warmth if you never knew or understood about being cold. The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world. Did you catch that? The foundation of the world..not 2000 yrs ago. God`s plan was already in place. He has a purpose, a design and all of his creation is included in it. His will shall be done in his own time and neither man or satan or anything else can change that. His will is that all mankind shall be saved. EVERY KNEE and Tongue confess to the GLORY of God. So it is wriiten..so it shall be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity