Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 PM

20,741 posts, read 19,448,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Understand God wanting you to be "HOT" or "COLD"! Not lukewarm.

"These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot,
"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth. (Revelation 3:14-16)

Partial and full preterist. No. Believe all of it or none of it!! Not here yet, but glory to the Most High, coming soon!!

'
Betsey Lane,

But you don't believe all of it.

Revelation 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
You believe Jesus broke his promise to those who knocked on the door. Everyone of those Churches was given a promise and you don't think it happened. Those churches are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,461,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Betsey Lane,

But you don't believe all of it.

Revelation 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
You believe Jesus broke his promise to those who knocked on the door. Everyone of those Churches was given a promise and you don't think it happened. Those churches are gone.
I rebuke you Satan in the name of Jesus.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 PM

20,741 posts, read 19,448,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Your purpose has nothing to do with the scriptures? It's very obvious. What is your purpose? Do tell. Mines is to point the direction of the Cross.

Please start a thread on that subject if you like. I would like to conform to the op as much as possible. Revelation has nothing to do with my purpose. Thanks.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,461,231 times
"For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the word of God are fulfilled. REVELATION 17:17

Revelation has everything to do with your purpose. I'm on topic.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:45 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,092,016 times
So far I'm getting the feeling that the answer is "cause its in the Bible".

Fair enough.

I still feel the same though.

Thanks to all.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,587,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Revelations..

I don't really "get it".

I've done minor research on the book and to me it just doesn't jive with me.

I tend to take the Thomas Jefferson approach to the Book of Revelations (i.e.. most likely the dreams of a crazed maniac).

What am I missing? Why should I believe it?
This thread , like so many lately is off topic..To the op..I have already responded to your question early before it went off topic..But just a piece of advice that has helped me in my own search of peace in my belief..This is not a demand a plea or an attempt to tell you you are wrong if you don't believe ME

Think outside the book..It is certainly no sin to test the reasons this book was written especially since the Christians were expecting Christ to come in the clouds for them at any given moment, just as they do now and anytime there is a war in the middle east or anytime there is a natural disaster that causes great devastation or anytime a person is elected to the office of president that they don't like..There are no hidden or obvious signs of the end of time..Things happening now have been happening since the world began..The Jesus I know said there would be NO signs of his return and not to look for any..He said to be ready...IMO that means that you are leading a life based on His teachings in the gospels..

The book of revelations was written to the people of that time to bolster their spirits in a time of Roman atrocities as they lay hold of the city...It is useful to us today to assure us that God will eventually, and in His time, not ours, overcome all evil, make the earth and heavens new and free from all sin, pain, suffering...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-30-2008 at 08:36 AM..

Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,169,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
So far I'm getting the feeling that the answer is "cause its in the Bible".

Fair enough.

I still feel the same though.

Thanks to all.
Actually, I feel as though John is interpreting Jesus revealed to HIM in the spirit. In other words, the revealing of Jesus, not just the man called Jesus, but the Word. The Alpha, and the Omega. Since the beginning, and also the end. What John is seeing is the spiritual side of the entire book called the bible, from a spiritual standpoint. In other words, from a heavenly standpoint.

Yes, the symbols are found throughout the bible, but some things are meant for Jesus PERSONALLY to disclose. In other words, how much Truth can any one person handle? If we sit down at the table, can we eat without gluttonizing? If Jesus declares the heavens to us, giving us the Truth, could we handle that, without our own egos getting in the way of the Way?

I feel personally that it is the one book in the Word, that hasn't been tampered with, because they didn't understand it well enough to tamper with it. So, that being said, it is an interesting read, for by understanding it with the Spirit as our guide, Jesus promises to those who overcome this life, a revealing of Himself to those who follow Him.

By this revealing, it could actually be said that Jesus has indeed returned to THAT believer. Reconciled now, not later. Indwelt with God's own Spirit, and by this Spirit indwelling in the overcomer, the fruits of the Spirit are manifested. This is POWER, the dynamite of God, residing in the hearts of those who hhave overcome this life. Not the power that comes from man, to enslave men, or to dominate them. Jesus NEVER used this as a means of control. He used it as a means to prove that He was the only beogtten Son of God. But, He was the first to overcome this world. He was the first to defeat death, by His righteous life. The Father being pleased with how His Son did, has given Him everything starting with being raised from the dead. The firstborn of the dead.

In Revelations 21 I believe John saw himself. The new heavens, his Born Again spirit as joined with the body of Christ. The new earth, his new bodyy freed from the lusts and desires of sin. Satan is bound, chained from doing any harm to John. This is like the book of Job where God had protected Job from the devil. "Have you not made a hedge around him and his household?"

Of course there is no sea, for the sea is religion. John was entirely transformed in this life. His second coming happened THEN.

verse 7 says "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God, and he will be my son."

Is this now, or later?

I choose to follow now, I choose to overcome sin now. There is only One King in my life, and His name is Jesus. I await the day of my revealing from Jesus, and I pray this day comes quickly, but only when I am ready to recieve Him as well. It is no different than what they awaited for back then!

Hbr 9:28
so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,229,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I'm wondering...if everything has already happened, then surely Jesus came back? Why don't we hear of that?
If everything happens in the Spirit (which I strongly believe it's a spiritual revelation), Jesus' return would be a falling of the spirit on mankind.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:03 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,587,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
If everything happens in the Spirit (which I strongly believe it's a spiritual revelation), Jesus' return would be a falling of the spirit on mankind.
... I am going to do some deep thinking and praying on that..Thanks Elmer..My presence on this forum has always been to learn from others...

Old 12-30-2008, 10:17 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,092,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
hmmmm.. spicey! much more interesting to me now!

I just had an Aresenio Hall moment.. (things that make you go "hmmmmm")

and so I don't take up posts with multiple thread thanks to blue for your response too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity