Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
"exegetical" ???

Ooooooo Don't we just get the shivers when he talks like that ???

Have fun with your thread mate !!!
Greetings, bluepacific: What exactly is the value of your recent posts here? I gather from your sarcasm that you are questioning my exegetical abilities. That's fine. But instead of placing the word, exegetical, in red, encased in quotes, and followed by an emoticon, why don't you gives specifics? We are discussing the "end of the world" topic. Do you have something substantive to add--something from the Bible?

Again, can we deal with Bible study? Otherwise, what is your point?

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 05:04 PM

And we who call ourselves Christians take cheap pleasure in the uncalled for ridicule of another believer?

Can we get beyond insults and get back to the topic? Criticize me if you want to. Again, I do not mind. But make it substantive, on topic, and based upon your own personal, in depth study of the Scriptures. Thank you.

Political quote: "When people start throwing dirt, it is a good sign that they are losing ground!"

Preterist

Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
To everyone: Be aware that Razzel is quoting from the inaccurate, poorly translated New World Translation of the Christian Scriptures. It is a Jehovah's Witness "translation."

Be aware also that the Jesus Razzel is waiting for is not the Jesus of the Bible.

Preterist
Inaccurate?????? Read the King James Version. The versus are quoted. The truth is before you.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,863 times
Quote:
And we who call ourselves Christians take cheap pleasure in the uncalled for ridicule of another believer?

Can we get beyond insults and get back to the topic? Criticize me if you want to. Again, I do not mind. But make it substantive, on topic, and based upon your own personal, in depth study of the Scriptures. Thank you.

Political quote: "When people start throwing dirt, it is a good sign that they are losing ground!"

Preterist
Then perhaps you have lost tremendous ground with your dirt throwing comment against RAZZLE in that translation cheap shot. I have no idea who RAZZLE is or what he believes , but the individual simply made some good points about the times we live in.

I've heard and read that Mike Blume Philosophy you spout over and over again and again and it isn't even worth the time of day to debate with. If you feel the end times happened in the year 70A.D. , then that's your business and destiny. Good for you. Then it should be of no consequence to you if someone wants to follow Jesus and his apostles words of keeping awake. Let'em believe that.

The problem is much of what you espouse as truth and the way in which you deliver it makes Atheism and Agnosticism seem more normal every day and the course to pursue. If you are stuck on one or two ONLY Mike Blume approved translations, then that's fine. Many here, including myself enjoy numerous translations and I welcome even more, no matter what the language. You started the cheap shots, you end it.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Then perhaps you have lost tremendous ground with your dirt throwing comment against RAZZLE in that translation cheap shot. I have no idea who RAZZLE is or what he believes , but the individual simply made some good points about the times we live in.

I've heard and read that Mike Blume Philosophy you spout over and over again and again and it isn't even worth the time of day to debate with. If you feel the end times happened in the year 70A.D. , then that's your business and destiny. Good for you. Then it should be of no consequence to you if someone wants to follow Jesus and his apostles words of keeping awake. Let'em believe that.

The problem is much of what you espouse as truth and the way in which you deliver it makes Atheism and Agnosticism seem more normal every day and the course to pursue. If you are stuck on one or two ONLY Mike Blume approved translations, then that's fine. Many here, including myself enjoy numerous translations and I welcome even more, no matter what the language. You started the cheap shots, you end it.
So you do not respond to my questioning you concerning your comments to me, but turn around and make accusations against me instead? Even here in your recent post, there is no substance.

Furthermore, while you seem to be saying "it's okay, Preterist, for you to believe what you believe; just let us believe what we believe," that is not how my views have been received here and you know it.

This has ALWAYS been my approach--let's look at the Scriptures, not our feelings, not what we want to believe, not what someone else has taught us, etc.

I made no cheap shot at Razzel. I stand by my original comment. I have dealt for many, many years with JWs, spending countless hours with them in my home. I bear them no ill will but desire that they might come to the knowledge of the true Christ. I have also spent many, many years studying the JW "translation" of the Bible. It IS inaccurate in many places--especially and foremost in those places which deal with the deity of Christ. I have pointed that out to my JW friends. The Jesus of the JWs is not the Jesus of the Bible. But that is for another thread.

In conclusion, I have been dealing with the issue and the topic of this thread. If you do not like what I present, prove me wrong biblically--with the Scriptures, as you have personally studied them with proper hermeneutical principles and tools using context clues, cross-referencing, word studies, and SWEAT, etc.

As for Mike Blume, I don't know anything about him. Rather than simply mentioning his name as though he is on some heretic list, why don't you spell out what it is you don't like about him and what he teaches before you associate me with him? I don't really care what he teaches--as long as it is biblical. If it is not, prove him wrong with the Scriptures rather than simply saying "he's wrong!"

Again, let's get back on topic using Scripture to back up what we believe! Does the Bible teach an end to the world?

Preterist

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,991,261 times
Quote:
So you do not respond to my questioning you concerning your comments to me, but turn around and make accusations against me instead? Even here in your recent post, there is no substance.

Furthermore, while you seem to be saying "it's okay, Preterist, for you to believe what you believe; just let us believe what we believe," that is not how my views have been received here and you know it.

This has ALWAYS been my approach--let's look at the Scriptures, not our feelings, not what we want to believe, not what someone else has taught us, etc.

I made no cheap shot at Razzel. I stand by my original comment. I have dealt for many, many years with JWs, spending countless hours with them in my home. I bear them no ill will but desire that they might come to the knowledge of the true Christ. I have also spent many, many years studying the JW "translation" of the Bible. It IS inaccurate in many places--especially and foremost in those places which deal with the deity of Christ. I have pointed that out to my JW friends. The Jesus of the JWs is not the Jesus of the Bible. But that is for another thread.

In conclusion, I have been dealing with the issue and the topic of this thread. If you do not like what I present, prove me wrong biblically--with the Scriptures, as you have personally studied them with proper hermeneutical principles and tools using context clues, cross-referencing, word studies, and SWEAT, etc.

As for Mike Blume, I don't know anything about him. Rather than simply mentioning his name as though he is on some heretic list, why don't you spell out what it is you don't like about him and what he teaches before you associate me with him? I don't really care what he teaches--as long as it is biblical. If it is not, prove him wrong with the Scriptures rather than simply saying "he's wrong!"

Again, let's get back on topic using Scripture to back up what we believe! Does the Bible teach an end to the world?

Preterist
"Again, let's get back on topic using Scripture to back up what we believe! Does the Bible teach an end to the world?"

I am curious as to what you mean by 'the end of the world'? Are you referring to Matthew 24 or another passage? Do you mean the 'world' itself...or the end of this 'age', (aion and means 'age) since that is the meaning of the word in Matthew 24:3.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Don't worry about the world coming to an end, It's already tomorrow in Australia.
Whoa, that's heavy.... it's like... we're living in yesterday ...............

Old 01-22-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
"Again, let's get back on topic using Scripture to back up what we believe! Does the Bible teach an end to the world?"

I am curious as to what you mean by 'the end of the world'? Are you referring to Matthew 24 or another passage? Do you mean the 'world' itself...or the end of this 'age', (aion and means 'age) since that is the meaning of the word in Matthew 24:3.
Greetings, mshipmate: I do not believe in an "end of the world." I agree that the word in Matthew 24 is aion, meaning age. As I assume you agree, the disciples were not asking Jesus about the end of the world but of the end of the age.

Preterist

Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Greetings, mshipmate: I do not believe in an "end of the world." I agree that the word in Matthew 24 is aion, meaning age. As I assume you agree, the disciples were not asking Jesus about the end of the world but of the end of the age.

Preterist
Hey preterist,
Do you believe there will come an age when the physical is done away with or when man stops procreating and we all live in restoration to God?
Thanks

Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Hey preterist,
Do you believe there will come an age when the physical is done away with or when man stops procreating and we all live in restoration to God?
Thanks
Greetings, spm62: Since I find nothing in Scripture regarding this, I cannot say. Interesting question, though.

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity