Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna106 View Post
Dnick, Reading the writings of some of the early church Fathers, even if some of them agreed with your point of view, would NOT, in ANY way, prove that what some of them believed was actual TRUTH.
FYI, The early church father's have ALWAYS been divided on hundreds upon hundreds of scriptural interpretations, as the churches still are today! So, your "dare to "read the early church fathers" is quite pointless don't you think?
So You think you know the truth better than someone taught be the apostles. You must think pretty high of yourself. And the Early church fathers aren't divided on hundreds of scriptural interpretation, there wasn't even scripture yet. And They Certainly don't disagree on the communion. But since you know the truth better than the first disciples, I guess we should all go to you for answers.

Last edited by DNick; 01-22-2009 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 12:51 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
they must disagree as Paul clearly indicated that you shouldn't have the Lord's Supper everytime you meet

the Lord's Supper is Passover which is done once per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
So You think you know the truth better than someone taught be the apostles. You must think pretty high of yourself. And the Early church fathers aren't divided on hundreds of scriptural interpretation, there wasn't even scripture yet. And They Certainly don't disagree on the communion. But since you know the truth better than the first disciples, I guess we should all to you for answers.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
they must disagree as Paul clearly indicated that you shouldn't have the Lord's Supper everytime you meet

the Lord's Supper is Passover which is done once per year
and where is that said?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:30 PM

besides, what does that have to do with what you're actually receiving during communion. THats whole other subject. So stay on track

Old 01-22-2009, 01:32 PM

Corinthians

Quote:
and where is that said?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Corinthians
Could you please be A little more Vague. You might as well told me it was in the bible. I have lots of homework so can't really search right now.

But still what does when it should be held have to do with what you receive during communion?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 PM

lots of homework? hmmm

I thought I was debating with someone who knew the bible

When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

Quote:
Could you please be A little more Vague. You might as well told me it was in the bible. I have lots of homework so can't really search right now.

But still what does when it should be held have to do with what you receive during communion?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:38 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
lots of homework? hmmm

I thought I was debating with someone who knew the bible

When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
I think your missing the point of 1Cor 11:20.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 PM

19 posts, read 98,719 times
Default Church Fathers :)

Quote:
So You think you know the truth better than someone taught be the apostles. You must think pretty high of yourself. And the Early church fathers aren't divided on hundreds of scriptural interpretation, there wasn't even scripture yet. And They Certainly don't disagree on the communion. But since you know the truth better than the first disciples, I guess we should all go to you for answers.
>>> you write: And the Early church fathers aren't divided on hundreds of scriptural interpretation, there wasn't even scripture yet.

Are you SERIOUS??? This is a joke right???
LOL. So sorry to inform you DNick...but I think that you have a LOT more "homework" than you're aware of! Evidently you know NOTHING about the early church fathers, NOR what they themselves VERY clearly called SCRIPTURE! HELLO ??? The WORD OF GOD (scripture) was written down LONG before any early CHURCH! AND therefore...LONG before any church "fathers" !! Remember the OLD TESTAMENT Nick??? Or is that not considered "scriptural" to you? WHAT, pray tell, did the early church Fathers STUDY, to beCOME church Fathers, if they had no scriptures ????? This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard!
When you have 30+ years of studying under your belt, please do come back and we'll have at least a reasonably intelligent discussion on the subject at hand. Until then...please DO go and do your much needed "homework". .
You have a good day now.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM

i think you are or are you telling me that Paul tells them to stay home if they're hungry when according to the catholic tradition they are having communion with a piece of cracker/wafer with a tiny cup of wine

do you really think people were that hungry to come to church for a tiny cracker and tiny cup of wine???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I think your missing the point of 1Cor 11:20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity