Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:43 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Her answer was not stupid.....it may have been flubbed up a little but the point was made that she is a Christian and she believes God when He says that homosexuality is an abomination and WRONG.

Have you ever been put on the spot in front of millions of people to answer a question that you know your answer will not be well received? NO, you haven't. Give the girl a break, she was nervous just like any of us would be. I don't believe she meant to even say "in my country"....she meant to just say in my family but that's not what came out to begin with.

You know as well as I do that this Perez nutjob saying he was upset because he simply didn't like her answer (btw, his words...she's a dumb b****) is a lie. He is an out loud, in-your-face homosexual who HATES that she doesn't go along with same sex marriage. Why do you insist on arguing for someone who you KNOW is wrong, just for the sake of arguing?
Well considering the question had to do with states rights and not her personal religious views.. it was a stupid answer.

Its like me asking you if you if states should allow the eating of hot dogs and you reply with "I don't like mayo on my burger.. burgers are what my family raised me on.. Go burgers.."

No.. I havnen't been on the spot. In fact I said that a few posts back. Then again I don't put myself in a position to prace around half naked either.. thus she was in a pagaent.. thats what they do.. they ask you questions. If you don't answer with a coherent answer.. the judges (you know.. the ones who judge and all) get to deduct points as they see fit. She didn't have a coherent answer (though to her credit most beauty queens don't.. they are taught to dance around the subject).

Whether or not Perez is lying isn't for me to say. In fact he posted his blog right after the show (even wearing the same clothes) so in the heat of the emotion you would think he would have said "I deducted points because she hates gays"... but he didn't.. he stated how she should have answered the question (considering she didn't answer the question at all).

I'm not arguing for him. I don't like him. I'm arguing against the insane idea that this is somehow some sort of left wing conspiracy against Miss California. The very thought of that is beyond her stupid answer.

See DOTL.. I don't take sides based on whether or not I like someone. I choose a side based on how I see the situation. Its called my own personal objectivity.

Bottom line is she didn't answer the question.. she stumbled etc. Now could there be an argument that if Perez gave her zero points then she was unfairly judged. Sure. But then again.. he was the judge.. she entered the contest knowing he was a judge. She took that chance..

Good for her if she feels like she is standing by her morals. **** on her for making a big deal out of it.

edit: the *** is another word for pee. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
ummmmI heard no religion. I heard someone stating their opinion. Just saying

Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
ummmmI heard no religion. I heard someone stating their opinion. Just saying
Thanks for proving my point..

Point is she gave her opinion on something that she wasn't asked for:

Another analogy

Question: "Would you like fries with that?"

Answer: "I like pickles!"

Fail.

Of course then again it is Miss California who is saying she stuck to her religious beliefs.. thereby again.. showing that she didn't answer the question. It wasn't a religious question. It was a states rights question. It had higher meaning.. and.. her delivery of her answer (which again.. didn't answer the question) was.. bad.

but in the end.. I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eatin' crackers..

even if she couldn't whistle.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Thanks for proving my point..

Point is she gave her opinion on something that she wasn't asked for:

Another analogy

Question: "Would you like fries with that?"

Answer: "I like pickles!"

Fail.

Of course then again it is Miss California who is saying she stuck to her religious beliefs.. thereby again.. showing that she didn't answer the question. It wasn't a religious question. It was a states rights question. It had higher meaning.. and.. her delivery of her answer (which again.. didn't answer the question) was.. bad.

but in the end.. I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eatin' crackers..

even if she couldn't whistle.
She was asked a question. what do you give if not your opinion?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:01 PM

Question: "How do you feel about gun control?"

What Her Answer Would Be: "Guns are bad. My daddy shot a crow at 100 yards when I was three. I have 2 bb guns. God likes bows and arrows".

A normal answer: "Thanks for the question.. having researched the subject I've found that countries like Switzerland which require gun ownership have a lower crime rate per capita than other industrialized nations. While I am personally against guns I think we as a country should look to see if that model would work here"

Boom

Goes

The

Dynamite

Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
She was asked a question. what do you give if not your opinion?
An answer in reference to what I was asked..

Again.. like I've said in about 10 posts in this thread.

Not once did she address the issue.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM

Now if Perez Hilton is guilty of anything.. he is guilty of being a jackass.. but he was a jackass before he was a judge on the show.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:05 PM

hey anyone know who won?

Oh yeah.. Miss California didn't but she is getting all.. and I mean all the media.

Well played Miss California.. well played.

It now makes sense.. it was a RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!!! SHE KNEW PEREZ WOULD ASK HER THAT QUESTION.. SHE FLUBBED IT ON PURPOSE SO HE WOULD DEDUCT POINTS THEN SHE COULD CLAIM RELIGIOUS BIAS! BRILLIANT!

meanwhile...

we are still in Iraq.

Good to know we have our priorities straight.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...CiqGwD97MA9TG2

I'm sure God is much more concerned about this Miss USA stuff..

Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
An answer in reference to what I was asked..

Again.. like I've said in about 10 posts in this thread.

Not once did she address the issue
She did answer the question. She said, it's great to live in a country where we are equal and have rights which answered why and she said that she lived in a family that didn't believe in it and judging from the applause she got proved that there is an America that agrees with her and her family's values which showed the why not. Obama won the election answering questions the same way.

She answered the question

Old 04-22-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
hey anyone know who won?

Oh yeah.. Miss California didn't but she is getting all.. and I mean all the media.

Well played Miss California.. well played.

It now makes sense.. it was a RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!!! SHE KNEW PEREZ WOULD ASK HER THAT QUESTION.. SHE FLUBBED IT ON PURPOSE SO HE WOULD DEDUCT POINTS THEN SHE COULD CLAIM RELIGIOUS BIAS! BRILLIANT!

meanwhile...

we are still in Iraq.

Good to know we have our priorities straight.

The Associated Press: Bomber strikes US soldiers meeting Iraqi officials

I'm sure God is much more concerned about this Miss USA stuff..
Your being funny right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity