Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
I provided you a link and if you cannot respond to the posts in that link, then we have no need to converse. I'm not some child sitting in your theological classroom. If your only response to any post is ""if i be lifted up i will draw all men unto me", then you're too immature to bother speaking with.

So let us discuss it in the link you posted , shall we meet there now ?

Because i would really love to hear from you to know how you can deny the verse being anything but what it says.

If you could be so kind to post the link again i would appreciate it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 07:03 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So let us discuss it in the link you posted , shall we meet there now ?

Because i would really love to hear from you to know how you can deny the verse being anything but what it says.

If you could be so kind to post the link again i would appreciate it .
So what you're saying is tht I provided you the link, you saw it, decided not to follow it, and you want me to provide it again? Sorry, I'm not playing that game.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:22 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I think so.

Christianity and Jesus were never meant to represent anger. This is a depiction that religious zealots have imparted upon the Chrisitian sects. I stay the hell away from the "you are bad" message many Christian sects push, particularly in the Americas.
Let's give them a "feel good" story and lead them straight to hell!! SORRY, can't do it.

Lalalalala....Sweet Jesus loving and kind.....Okay!! NOT!!!!!!! HE"S ALSO JUST!! A GOD OF JUSTICE HE IS!! WE ONLY GET WHAT WE DESERVE!! Sorry, no "feel good" story here....

Sincerely, A Zealot for Christ!

Old 05-24-2009, 12:01 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Let's give them a "feel good" story and lead them straight to hell!! SORRY, can't do it.

Lalalalala....Sweet Jesus loving and kind.....Okay!! NOT!!!!!!! HE"S ALSO JUST!! A GOD OF JUSTICE HE IS!! WE ONLY GET WHAT WE DESERVE!! Sorry, no "feel good" story here....

You mean THEY get what THEY deserve. Not you of course,because you have the truth.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:16 AM

8,180 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Betsey, this is a most bizarre post coming from someone claiming to be a "zealot for Christ".

Why do you say "Jesus loving and kind.... NOT!!!"
Why did you say "NOT!!!" ???
You don't think Jesus is loving and kind?
Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you posted?

And why do you say "no feel good story here.."
??? The Good News (aka the gospel) is not "feel good"??

The gospel of Jesus Christ is most defnitely "FEEL GOOD!"
Why else would it be the "good news"
Why else would it be glad tidings of GREAT JOY?

peace..

Last edited by .sparrow.; 05-24-2009 at 12:43 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 06:08 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,538 times
IMHO.

the "christian" gamers here better realize that their "rules" should have come with a good general knowledge of the real world!

Old 05-24-2009, 07:50 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Betsey, this is a most bizarre post coming from someone claiming to be a "zealot for Christ".

peace..
It sure is...
Matthew 10 (New International Version)

Matthew 10

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

But what did Jesus know, eh? He didn't have the advantage of Universalist doctrine.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:53 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Quote:
But what did Jesus know, eh? He didn't have the advantage of Universalist doctrine.

Romans 8
18For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory about to be revealed in us;
19for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God;
20for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject [it] -- in hope*,
21that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; 22for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now. (YLT)

*hope=elpis=expectation

Ephesians 1
3Blessed [is] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who did bless us in every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4according as He did choose us in him before the foundation of the world, for our being holy and unblemished before Him, in love,
5having foreordained us to the adoption of sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6to the praise of the glory of His grace, in which He did make us accepted in the beloved,
7in whom we have the redemption through his blood, the remission of the trespasses, according to the riches of His grace,
8in which He did abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9having made known to us the secret of His will, according to His good pleasure, that He purposed in Himself, 10in regard to the dispensation of the fulness of the times, to bring into one the whole in the Christ, both the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth -- in him; (YLT)

God bless.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

peace..

Old 05-24-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
It sure is...
Matthew 10 (New International Version)

Matthew 10

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

How does the scripture you just quoted change the message of the gospel , the good news , glad tidings ? .

How does the scripture you quoted change the great joy and peace of the sinner when he firsts believes ?.

Are the scriptures you quoted the message of salvation ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity