Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:51 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,352,936 times

Advertisements

Dear brother William Fullerton

You must be mistaken.

I cannot tell why He whom angels worship,
Should set His love upon the sons of men,
Or why, as Shepherd, He should seek the wanderers,
To bring them back, they know not how or when.

Moderator cut: edited/modified for copyright.

We will remove it from our hymn book and no longer sing it.

Sing it HERE

Last edited by june 7th; 06-19-2009 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 AM

352 posts, read 553,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
All in Adam die both physically and spiritually since all sinned..
Agreed

Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
But isn't this directed towards those who put their faith in Christ. 1 Cor. 15:23 But each in his own order: Christ, the first fruits; afterward, at His coming, the people of Christ. Then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father when He abolishes all rule and all authority puts all His enenies under His feet.

The verse says that those who are redeemed are the "people of Christ" while God's enemies (anyone who is opposed to Him) will be placed under his feet. Wouldn't that mean that not all would be redeemed?

Quote:
Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.
True, but then how do you reconcile this verse with Romans 8. You would need to read the whole thing, but a general synopsis would state that there "is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus". Pay special attention to verse 9 and 10: "You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. Now if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness". If you read the whole thing, it would seem to state that only those who have rejected the flesh and embraced Christ can have the Spirit, which is the only way they can belong to God; those who are in the flesh are not His. Wouldn't that seem to state that there are people God is willing to reject?

Quote:
Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Emphasize the "might have" part. Second of all, doesn't this verse refer to Israel in the final days? That God, in His love, will save the Jews, who have rejected the Messiah and have had their hearts hardened, and bring them back into the loving relationship they were called to have in the beginning. I don't think this verse has spiritual implications for us Gentiles.

Quote:
All died and no one will be made alive except by faith in Christ.
This one is pretty self explanatory. No one will be saved except by faith in Christ. Doesn't this hurt the universalist stance?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 AM

14,905 posts, read 17,212,127 times
Quote:
Dear Jesus

I am sorry to inform You that you misunderstood My plan when you went to the cross, mistakenly believing that ALL would drawn and dragged unto You and that all the ends of the earth would see the salvation of the Lord. I know it was for that joy set before You that You endured the cross, scorning its shame.....But I entreat You to find solace in the fact that at least a few will hear of what You did, and of those, some will actually believe it to be true and put their faith in You. These ones will be with us forever--and for this, we will all rejoice forever.

Thank you for suffering as you did to redeem the handful of people that We were able to salvage!

Your Loving Father
Thank you, dear Jesus. Father, your will be done over all the earth. We praise you and lift your name on high, and all the earth will see your glorious salvation. You reign over all and will reign in all. Thank you, Father.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:55 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
After following many discussions centered on Universal Reconciliation I have been seriously contemplating the merit of the doctrine. After much study, contemplation, prayer seeking guidance from the Spirit and further study I have come to the conclusion that Universal Reconciliation is indeed confirmed in Scripture.

My journey for the truth wound up in the first book of the Bible, Genesis. Towards the end of the creation account, God created Adam and planted the garden with many trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil – Gen. 2: 9.

God then placed Adam in the garden and commanded him “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” Gen 2: 16-17. Shortly thereafter God created Eve to be Adam’s helpmate.

Eve was confronted by the crafty serpent who said to Eve, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” Successfully planting a seed of doubt in Eve’s mind. Eve then responded to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’" Gen 3: 1-5.

Obviously the serpent knew God’s command to Adam and knew the consequences that mankind would suffer if Adam & Eve would partake of the fruit - severing their relationship with God. The cunning serpent then helped to germinate the seed of doubt he previously implanted in Eve’s mind when he said, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

“You will not surely die!” Does this sound familiar when held in the spotlight of Universal Reconciliation? My friend the tenets of Universal Reconciliation are nearly as old as mankind. Satan himself, in an effort to draw mankind away from the relationship with the one most despised by Satan, his own creator, God, successfully hatched the proposal that you surely won’t die.

It is for this reason that it became crystal clear to me that Universal Reconciliation is confirmed in Scripture. Indeed, confirmed and identified as a false teaching – the product of Satan himself.

God Bless,
Salt & Light (http://compassoc.com/eph4-13/ - broken link)
You obviously forget to read where Jesus said I am the resurrection

Old 06-19-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
But isn't this directed towards those who put their faith in Christ. 1 Cor. 15:23 But each in his own order: Christ, the first fruits; afterward, at His coming, the people of Christ. Then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father when He abolishes all rule and all authority puts all His enenies under His feet.
Are you aware of the fact that all enemies being subjected to the authority of the Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ by hupotasso, has the same willing subjection involved as that ultimately expressed by the Only Begotten to the Father?

Hupotasso=

"And when He shall subdue all things under His feet..."

Subdue= uJpotavssw =

To arrange under. To subordinate.

To subject, put in subjection.

To subject one's self. To obey.

To submit to one's control.

To yield to one's admonition or advice.

To obey/ be subject

A Greek military term meaning "to arrange [troop divisions] in a military fashion under the command of a leader". In non-military use, it was "a voluntary attitude of giving in, cooperating, assuming responsibility, and carrying a burden".

Quote:
And when He shall cause everyone to yield to His admonition and advice....

And when He shall cause everyone to obey Him and be subject unto Him.....

Quote:
And when everyone shall submit to His control.....

Quote:
And when everyone shall subject themselves unto Him to obey Him.....

And when everyone shall be arranged under Him...

Quote:
then shall the Son also uJpotavssw Himself unto Him that did uJpotavssw all things under Him, that God may be pas in pas.

De hotan pas uJpotavssw autos tote uJpotavssw huios kai autos uJpotavssw uJpotavssw pas uJpotavssw autos hina Theos o pas en pas.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:03 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,559,741 times
Moderator cut: orphaned
Actually, I believe you got the wrong message from the op...the message that I got is that Satan lied from the beginning and he continues to lie! It was not about the type of death that Satan was speaking of....
There were actually two types of death spoken of in the Genesis account, The first was spiritual death, the second physical death. Those who are consistantly disobedient will die the spiritual death, all of mankind dies the physical death, (with very few exceptions.....plus those who will be taken up at the second coming of Christ.).

I suspect Satan knew about the spiritual death, and that was the purpose of his deceit. He has never wanted anyone to be obedient to God!
I hate to say it, but he is very successful with his deceit, and many are chosing to believe him.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-19-2009 at 08:46 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 08:07 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,559,741 times
"We will remove it from our hymn book and no longer sing it."

We do not knowingly sing any song that is not scriptural. I think removing that one from your book is a very good idea. Just because some man/woman wrote a song does not make it scriptural, no matter how pleasing is sounds!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:12 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
It's truly amazing how we can agree on our Lord ans Saviors heart to give . He gives good measure , pressed down shaken together , He cam that we may have life more abundantly , He pours out His Spirit , He love knows no limit.

Now we know when God gave us is son we know this was the greatest gift God gave to mankind , we would all agree that this was a demonstration of His love to mankind.

So the creator of the universe whose plan was to redeem man back to Himself and who did this by investing His son His greatest posession on account of us is only going to get a few chosen elected believers in return for such a huge investment you need to repent.

If you really believe this you are saying Satan is god and the creator of the universe is a failure.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:12 AM

14,905 posts, read 17,212,127 times
Quote:
I cannot tell why He whom angels worship,
Should set His love upon the sons of men,
Or why, as Shepherd, He should seek the wanderers,
To bring them back, they know not how or when.
Moderator cut: orphaned
Amen, Birdy. God bless.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-19-2009 at 08:50 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thank you, dear Jesus. Father, your will be done over all the earth. We praise you and lift your name on high, and all the earth will see your glorious salvation. You reign over all and will reign in all. Thank you, Father.
Well, ShanaB, our God is the Saviour of all mankind, and those who are His "especially", gladly proclaim it in their worship of Him who declares He will be all in all!

YouTube - Michael W. Smith - A New Hallelujah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity