Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:19 PM

491 posts, read 926,617 times

Advertisements

And God doesn't make mistakes, right? Therefore, I see no reason to believe that God didn't make me this way, since God, the creator, is perfect and all-knowing. How can God automatically condemn what he has created in his image?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:23 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,672,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
And God doesn't make mistakes, right? Therefore, I see no reason to believe that God didn't make me this way, since God, the creator, is perfect and all-knowing. How can God automatically condemn what he has created in his image?
You're a very brave individual to be posting this in the Christianity Forum and I commend you for that.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You're a very brave individual to be posting this in the Christianity Forum and I commend you for that.
Thank you. I only want to pass on the truth.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:38 PM

193 posts, read 289,575 times
I don't believe God Makes anyone Gay. That's a choice. But I will not judge, and I believe God loves you very much my friend.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,423,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
I don't believe God Makes anyone Gay. That's a choice. But I will not judge, and I believe God loves you very much my friend.
I also believe this and God does not make mistakes.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,759,875 times
I'm compelled to wonder if people in the future will use the same argument for bestiality, pedophilia and the like. You never know what happens in 50 years

18,255 posts, read 16,963,369 times
I believe God has created all of us with some form of "baggage" that is to be part of our trial in this life and that overcoming this baggage in conformity with His laws is what determines part of our rewards in heaven. In terms of obedience, what the difference between a man having sex with another man and having sex with a woman outside the sanctity of marriage. Both are sin. True, a gay cannot have sex in any form and that's baggage, but then many men can't go out and find suitable wives either and so have to stay single, which can be just as big a bummer. Paul exhorts, "But if you cannot contain, get married for it is better to get married than to burn." But then, Paul didn't know American girls, did he?! (just kidding, all you wonderful American women out there ) Many interpret that last part, "than to burn" as burning with desire. I've always interpreted it as burning in hell, but of course now I appreciate the value of knowing the original Greek. A few of my friends interpret it a little differently. They think Paul was saying, "It is better to stay single than to burn like he*l in a bad marriage", but that's another discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
That doesn't make any sense. If God could make you heterosexual, then God made me homosexual. Are you "choosing" to be heterosexual?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I also believe this and God does not make mistakes.
Exactly. God does not make mistakes. Therefore, God made me gay deliberately.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I believe God has created all of us with some form of "baggage" that is to be part of our trial in this life and that overcoming this baggage in conformity with His laws is what determines part of our rewards in heaven. In terms of obedience, what the difference between a man having sex with another man and having sex with a woman outside the sanctity of marriage. Both are sin. True, a gay cannot have sex in any form and that's baggage, but then many men can't go out and find suitable wives either and so have to stay single, which can be just as big a bummer. Paul exhorts, "But if you cannot contain, get married for it is better to get married than to burn." But then, Paul didn't know American girls, did he?! (just kidding, all you wonderful American women out there ) Many interpret that last part, "than to burn" as burning with desire. I've always interpreted it as burning in hell, but of course now I appreciate the value of knowing the original Greek. A few of my friends interpret it a little differently. They think Paul was saying, "It is better to stay single than to burn in a bad marriage", but that's another discussion.
Wow. I don't believe that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity