Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,219,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I so wish this was true....
Why do you wish that it was true, Latte'Chic?

Quote:
.BUT this doctrine has brought a false peace. Eat and you surely not die! Just as the serpent spoke to Eve...he is still today speaking the old lie, but in a new way in trying to deceive and convince the world through many who have become instruments of his work to profess his false truths.
I don't believe that anyone will not die. Yes, many will die. We all must die. Death is the wages of sin, but death is not the end. It is the last enemy to be destroyed one day and God will be all in all. It is not a false truth. Many scriptures present this. God bless.

Isaiah 25:6-8
The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow,
And refined, aged wine.
7. And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples,
Even the veil which is stretched over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the LORD has spoken.

Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

hope=elpis=expectation

Nothing is excluded from the creation of God. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Ya know this thread has really opened my eyes. I was thinking recently that maybe I was wrong about god/Jesus...maybe there is some validity to the bible. Then I read this thread and get my reality kick for the day. If all ya'll calling yourselves christians are bickering this much over simple things....well I want no part of it. (overall of course, I'll be part of CD)...I definatly don't want part of a hateful god that beloved describes. What a jerk this god would be!
I know what you mean.
but...

Don't shut yourself off from God just because a bunch of stupid humans are acting like jerks. If you do that, then you're letting other people control you and control what you believe. Know what I mean?

forget that.

Just tune everyone else out.

I've read a lot of your posts, and you don't strike me as one who would let other folks words or actions tell her what or how to believe. Just an observation from an innocent bystander... lol.

peace to ya..
keep on keepin' on.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 PM

63,950 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Don't shut yourself off from God just because a bunch of stupid humans are acting like jerks. If you do that, then you're letting other people control you and control what you believe. Know what I mean?

forget that.

Just tune everyone else out.

I've read a lot of your posts, and you don't strike me as one who would let other folks words or actions tell her what or how to believe. Just an observation from an innocent bystander... lol.

peace to ya..
keep on keepin' on.
Amen. The point to realize is that God is real, DaniMae . . . and that doesn't depend on the opinions of humans . . . whatever they are. Find your own path to Jesus in "love of God and each other."

Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. The point to realize is that God is real, DaniMae . . . and that doesn't depend on the opinions of humans . . . whatever they are. Find your own path to Jesus in "love of God and each other."
God is indeed real. I don't have a reason to think otherwise.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:41 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,865,838 times
Religious persecution is widespread, report warns - CNN.com

Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,585,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
[i]
............"Biblically, we cannot escape the conclusion that God’s benevolent, merciful love is unlimited in extent. He loves the whole world of humanity. This love extends to all people in all times. It is what Titus 3:4 refers to as “the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind.” God’s singular love for the elect quite simply does not rule out a universal love of sincere compassion—and a sincere desire on God’s part to see every sinner turn to Christ.

Does God Love Whom He Does Not Save? :: Grace to You
I haven't seen you post for quite sometime now...are you lurking or given up the forum altogether?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,865,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
we cannot escape the conclusion that God’s benevolent, merciful love is unlimited in extent. He loves the whole world of humanity. This love extends to all people in all times. It is what Titus 3:4 refers to as “the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind.” God’s singular love for the elect quite simply does not rule out a universal love of sincere compassion—and a sincere desire on God’s part to see every sinner turn to Christ.

Six die when church van wrecks in New York - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity