Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:06 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
(Luke 18:18-30)

The Rich Young Ruler
18A ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
19And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
20"You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"
21And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth."
22When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
23But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.
24And Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
Quote:
(Mark 10:21) 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
[i]
............"Biblically, we cannot escape the conclusion that God’s benevolent, merciful love is unlimited in extent. He loves the whole world of humanity. This love extends to all people in all times. It is what Titus 3:4 refers to as “the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind.” God’s singular love for the elect quite simply does not rule out a universal love of sincere compassion—and a sincere desire on God’s part to see every sinner turn to Christ.

http://www.gracetoindia.org/Resources/Questions/QA193

Last edited by june 7th; 06-26-2009 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Modified for copyright adherence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 05:34 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,360 times
Quote:
............"Biblically, we cannot escape the conclusion that God’s benevolent, merciful love is unlimited in extent. He loves the whole world of humanity. This love extends to all people in all times.

Hos 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

Biblically, we cannot escape the conclusion that John Macarthur is WRONG!

Psalms 146:8 The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

Proverbs 15:9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

Psalms 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Proverbs 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Please note the condition for God to love...

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

As you can see John M. is very sweet and says what people want to hear but Biblically...

HK

John M: "He loves the whole world of humanity."

Bible: Gen 6:6 And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:49 PM

106 posts, read 136,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
[i]
............"Biblically, we cannot escape the conclusion that God’s benevolent, merciful love is unlimited in extent. He loves the whole world of humanity. This love extends to all people in all times. It is what Titus 3:4 refers to as “the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind.” God’s singular love for the elect quite simply does not rule out a universal love of sincere compassion—and a sincere desire on God’s part to see every sinner turn to Christ.

http://www.gracetoindia.org/Resources/Questions/QA193
Sir, this is simply untrue. God cannot love anybody that He is willing to create (without their deciding to come into existence) all the whilst knowing they will not choose Him and thus suffer for eternity in Hell. It would have been better had such a person never been born. That is not love. If such is true, then God surely does not love everyone, life is a joke, and it would honestly be better for God himself to not exist. At least then there would be nothing, as opposed to endless pain and suffering.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-26-2009 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Modified for copyright adherence.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
Sir, this is simply untrue. God cannot love anybody that He is willing to create (without their deciding to come into existence) all the whilst knowing they will not choose Him and thus suffer for eternity in Hell. It would have been better had such a person never been born. That is not love. If such is true, then God surely does not love everyone, life is a joke, and it would honestly be better for God himself to not exist. At least then there would be nothing, as opposed to endless pain and suffering.

If eternal torment is true your logic is exquisite and irrefutable. I salute you...

HK

Old 06-25-2009, 07:31 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
God does not Love everyone..for He hates the seed of the serpent, the non elect..ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

rom 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

to teach that God Loves everyone is a false Gospel.. For God loves His elect in and through Jesus christ, all else are hated..

Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
God does not Love everyone..for He hates the seed of the serpent, the non elect..ps 5:

rom 9:

to teach that God Loves everyone is a false Gospel.. For God loves His elect in and through Jesus christ, all else are hated..
... all else are hated but, conveniently, you.

Nice. Consider the possibliity that the Gospels are a reflection of petty Bronze Age and earlier constructs of God, not anything close to God's actual message.

When you truly understand that there is nothing but Love - that it is the root of all of the solutions to all the problems we face and that it is God and requires no book nor dogma nor religion - then you will know God.

bless you in your journey. It starts by letting go of any book and turning within. Only then can you return to sacred texts and truly understand them.

Last edited by Bluefly; 06-25-2009 at 08:45 PM..

Old 06-26-2009, 04:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Your living in a make believe fantasy world:

rom 9:

I read such posts as this and think Lord how can the Gospel of your love reach people when the very people who claim to know say you are a God who hates and sets you forth as a respector of persons .

Then i began to understand that Jesus faced the same opposition from the scribes and pharisees , and my faith was restored in Him ,knowing you can do nothing against the truth .
I am also reminded by Him that the Holy Spirit can just as easy melt the hearts of those who think they are doing you a service by breathing out threats to the good news that He is the propitiation of our sins and also the sins of the world.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:50 AM

309 posts, read 512,072 times
God doesn't love everyone but he makes his love available to everyone. Its their choice as to take it or not.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:30 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Your living in a make believe fantasy world:

rom 9:

You quote from a book that Jesus did not write nor prophecize to be worshiped and use it to claim that you know of what God speaks.

What petty God would waste time with hate? No, only men who conceive God in their image hate and demand a God reflect their petty hate to justify it.

There is far greater strength and courage in unconditional love than in trying to claim God as only one's own.

God is pure love and requires nothing of us. It is only in our innate desire to live in the holy union with all life that we push to experience unity with God. When you experience that firsthand, you will understand what I say. Until then, you will believe that I am the one living in a fantasy because your construct will remain rooted in fear, not love.

and yes, fear of not being one of the select that your interpretation of God does not hate is definitely fear, not love.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:33 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:

rom 9:

I'm curious with all this God hates.....
How does one justify this scripture?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

By the way are you one whom God hates or are you one who is of the elect? And how did you come to the knowledge that you are one or the other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity