Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,952,217 times

Advertisements

God's love is not conditional, community is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 09:19 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,424,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
God's love is not conditional, community is.
Excellent distinction.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:42 PM

5 posts, read 4,159 times
here is more : what do we do with Scripture quoting God saying " Jacob I have loved; Esau I have hated " ...
God speaking his heart here; certainly does not exude any shade of a love which could be defined as unconditional; all kinds of words in Scripture about God 's love and not one ever defining as unconditional; this word simply does not exist in Scripture - I am one who trembles when God speaks; his love is far beyond and above what we deserve if he deals with us as our sins deserve; he is all about grace, indeed ; but this idea of unconditional love is a deception from the evil one -

Old 05-10-2014, 03:56 PM

God is not a man that he should repent. mercy is at the very heart of God's identity, his nature; this is why he does not deal with us according to what our sins deserve, you have this spot on my friend; this dialogue is rooted in this alone: what do we do with God himself saying " Jacob I have loved and Esau I have hated" ... this concept 'unconditional' it comes from somewhere but it is nowhere to be found in Scripture, it is not found in God's heart . God loves us no matter what we do ? great way to end up sinking in the lake of fire. In spite of the worst things we do and think , God has mercy on us ( withholds the punishment we deserve ) even at the very end, ( but I would not count on it to be a hedonist til then ) for turning to him ? you betchya !! Praise his Holy Name !

Old 05-10-2014, 04:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1812 View Post
here is more : what do we do with Scripture quoting God saying " Jacob I have loved; Esau I have hated " ...
God speaking his heart here; certainly does not exude any shade of a love which could be defined as unconditional; all kinds of words in Scripture about God 's love and not one ever defining as unconditional; this word simply does not exist in Scripture - I am one who trembles when God speaks; his love is far beyond and above what we deserve if he deals with us as our sins deserve; he is all about grace, indeed ; but this idea of unconditional love is a deception from the evil one -
Love has no boundaries; for the first and the last receive the same inheritance, there is no difference.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:18 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love has no boundaries; for the first and the last receive the same inheritance, there is no difference.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:39 PM

" Jacob I have loved, Esau I have hated"

Old 05-10-2014, 05:00 PM

yes indeed, " those whom I love " ... and those whom God does not reprove and discipline ?
Doesn't he say they are illegitimate children ? God hates Esau. He says so in his word.
God does not reprove or discipline those he doesn't love. God chooses whom he will.
He does not love everybody. How in all eternity could he send to eternal hellfire someone he loves ?
God is just, and beyond reproach for his judgement , among other reasons for this: he gives all of us each one of us every chance we could ever have in all eternity to repent and turn to him and be healed of our sin and back sliding and be justified by faith ... but there are those who will not believe, who love evil and hate good. there are those sons of the devil who will sell your children as slaves for $12 because after every possible chance in all eternity to turn to God's Anointed Savior King, the Way, Truth and Life ... they love evil and hate the One True God.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:16 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
1 John 4:8 The person who doesn't love does not know God, because God is love.

God is Love.

Love hates?
Kind of in the same way that..
Wet dries.
Dry wets.
Ice warms.
Fire cools.

???

Old 05-10-2014, 05:21 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,453,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
First and last "workers". Those not working got ........... zip.

Context
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity