Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM

988 posts, read 1,904,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My point is "with the subject". The use of language such as hate and love and wrath and jealousy etc. , when applied to God, is anthropomorphic. That is to say, it is necessary when communicating the will of the divine into the language and ideas common to men.
I have no problem with that - yet we are given the language to comprehend as best we can the spiritual realities.

The Hebrew word for hate has a range of meaning but at its weakest it means "does not love" and that is my point. God does not "love" all men.
(Define love as you will)

HK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,770,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
I have no problem with that - yet we are given the language to comprehend as best we can the spiritual realities.

The Hebrew word for hate has a range of meaning but at its weakest it means "does not love" and that is my point. God does not "love" all men.
(Define love as you will)

HK
As i said ...

"We could better understand God, in his omniscients, values all of his creation. However you want to define that value in terms of love or hate is open to debate, but i believe it stands to reason God does not make mistakes, and With God there are no such things as accidents."

Evil has a purpose in Gods grand scheme of things, as do wicked peaople ...

After evil people serve their purpose in this world why shouldn't God remake them anew?

Rev 21:5
"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

Even as the weapons of war are to be made into plowshares ...

Old 06-30-2009, 07:36 PM

14,900 posts, read 17,191,188 times
Jesus gave His life for all, for those who don't believe in Him now, and for those who do. It was the same sacrifice for all, which shows the nature of and extent of God's love for all mankind. God is love, agape and He is God over all. God bless.

John 6:51
and the bread also that I will give is my flesh, that I will give for the life of the world.'

Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
no its not unconditional you are so right, if it were, why would there be that flaming pit over there.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:41 PM

Hi, we must all experience the fire of God. We can do it now or later. It is for all. God bless.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
After evil people serve their purpose in this world why shouldn't God remake them anew?

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

That's why....

HK

Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM

8in flaming fire, giving vengeance to those not knowing God, and to those not obeying the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ;
9who shall suffer justice -- destruction age-during -- from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength (YLT)

God bless.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

That's why....

HK
Yes the phrase is aiōnios olethros ... age abiding destruction ... Or as the Young's would have it destruction age-during. Always falling back on the bad English translations.

Age-during destruction is only part of the renewal process.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
8in flaming fire, giving vengeance to those not knowing God, and to those not obeying the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ;
9who shall suffer justice -- destruction age-during -- from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength (YLT)

God bless.
Exactly ...

Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

God bless.
Mat 10:28 `And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna. (YLT)

"Destroy the soul and body" but not really - right?

HK

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity