Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,596,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The way they talk about sin you would think they worship it . Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
way to go twisting scripture!!!!

ya....that's exactly it............we worship it...that was psalm sumo verse <boggie..boogie..boogie...boogie>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 03:12 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
way to go twisting scripture!!!!

ya....that's exactly it............we worship it...that was psalm sumo verse <boggie..boogie..boogie...boogie>
Fundy where your treasure is there lies your heart .

Old 12-03-2009, 03:17 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,596,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fundy where your treasure is there lies your heart .
I agree but not your unscriptural interpretation affected by your judgmental and accusatory nature.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
I agree but not your unscriptural interpretation of judgment and accusatory nature.
Accusatory nature ????????.When your intent is to talk sin up, how awful the sinner is , how God is against sin , how God is going to judge the sinner , how God is going to send the sinner to ET , how there are questions "Is this sin is that sin ?" ,it's blatantly obvious from reading this forumfundamentalists for the best part speak often of it ,so how can it be accusatory , when i am posting what i am reading on here ?.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:27 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,135,327 times
Quote:
One must do something in order to receive those particular graces from God.
The Grace of God is something given that is not deserved, not earned....it is is basically God coming up behind you and tapping you on the shoulder and saying, "Hey, you".....

Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Fundy, you are saying you must do something in order to be saved. That is not what scripture says, because salvation is a work of God by God's grace, not by any work we can do ourself.

Now you have slightly changed the topic. You asked what the good news is - I told you: it is the fact that Jesus came and died on the cross to take away the sin of the world. From this we know one day there will be no more war, hate, murder, etc.

If someone doesn't believe this, does that mean this good news is no longer true? Has one person's disbelief annulled the plans of God for there to be no sin and therefore no more war, hate, murder? I would hope not. God's plan is already declared - it will not fail.

How does one "receive" the good news?

Now of course we are told to confess and believe that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9) and then we will be saved. However no one can do this unless they have been enabled by God (John 6:44,65), and no one can do this unless it is by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 12:3).

So hopefully you can see, that while I can preach the good news to someone (Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected and takes away the sin of the world), that person cannot do anything to "receive" the good news unless:

1. they confess and believe Jesus is Lord
but they can't do that until:
2. God has enabled them to believe
AND
3. the Holy Spirit has come to them

Therefore no one can receive God's good graces until God draws that person to Himself and enables Him to believe by the Holy Spirit. Its all up to God, not us.
Now, that is partial Calvinism.....

Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
That's not very good news, is it.

If I told you, "most of your friends & family is going to be tormented forever, but you can be saved from all that", would you say that is good news?
The good news is that someone has come to ransom you from hell and give eternal life.....

Old 12-04-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Actually, the Bible indicates that most people are going to Hell.
I know that Campbell, i was asking someone to back up the statement they made....

Old 12-04-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
That's not very good news, is it.

If I told you, "most of your friends & family is going to be tormented forever, but you can be saved from all that", would you say that is good news?
I think that is exactly why you believe what you believe, for you it is unimaginable to think that people you know and love may not be members of the Elect of God and you find that horrifying....it is humanistic thought.....understanding God in terms of human behavior when we are flawed individuals, even our very thought are flawed.....

Old 12-04-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Let the Spirit guide you in your reading instead of reading it "literally" with your carnal mind and the TRUTH will be revealed to you.
you can't overspiritualize the scriptures....when you believe everything that is written in scripture, that is the Holy Spirit giving you understanding...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity