Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,112,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I believe there are sins that the church isn't even aware of until we reach heaven and display even more to us how great a God He is for forgiving us when we all thought we were doing a decent job living as Christians.
Believe me...God has revealed what is Sin in His Word, we must search it and refine ourselves....but, then again, it is He who does the refineing...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to be clear.....I can understand through the computer how one can misconstrue the point I was making to Legoman. I myself was getting confused on what his definition of sin was and his shifting plate in our little debate
You are a poet and did not know it..lol....He is a UR....until he realizes how lost he is and that it was only thru the grace of God that he came to believe....Actually, i think he is a New Ager.....

Old 12-04-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I never said my parents?????.....humility?????? i was responding to your accusation of me that I don't study. I have been around scripture most of my life.

My humility is when I said, My God I am a wretched, despicable sinner in your sight for I have commited every sin. I am puss fill porper in your presence and I deserve hell but I am begging you to please forgive this vomit filled vessel, I repent and put all my trust in you and ask for your forgiveness. I am nothing, I am undone without you Oh God. That is my humility.
So was i...but, when God opened my eyes i was just a baby then...everything i thought i knew did not matter...i was starting anew....got me?

Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,589,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So was i...but, when God opened my eyes i was just a baby then...everything i thought i knew did not matter...i was starting anew....got me?
Got you!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I never said my parents?????.....humility?????? i was responding to your accusation of me that I don't study. I have been around scripture most of my life.

My humility is when I said, My God I am a wretched, despicable sinner in your sight for I have commited every sin. I am puss fill porper in your presence and I deserve hell but I am begging you to please forgive this vomit filled vessel, I repent and put all my trust in you and ask for your forgiveness. I am nothing, I am undone without you Oh God. That is my humility.
The fact is that God chose you, He called you, he sanctified you, He glorified you...it is already done.....Paul was speaking of the chosen in the past tense in the greek....he realized it was all accomplished at the cross....do you understand?...when i witness to people i do not worry that thay do not believe at that moment....i leave them to God..He gives the growth..............

Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,589,784 times
Quote:
The fact is that God chose you, He called you, he sanctified you, He glorified you...it is already done.....Paul was speaking of the chosen in the past tense in the greek....he realized it was all accomplished at the cross....do you understand?...when i witness to people i do not worry that thay do not believe at that moment....i leave them to God..He gives the growth..............
I agree wholeheartedly, our job is to just preach the gospel and God does the converting. His elect are out there.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
and now Christ has led me to good men of God teachers, I prayed for wisdom and God put me on to these great teachers of the word....think about it
Why does God need men to show you wisdom?....Di Paul need other men or was God sufficient?

Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
You forgot the little sarcasm guy, I'm guessing. ()
I was not being sarcastic....i was being genuine.....where you being sarcastic?

Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,209,508 times
Quote:
I was not being sarcastic....i was being genuine.....where you being sarcastic?
No, I was truthful - it's this newfangled internet that I suspect is fooling me...

Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I have barely begun to scratch the surface. I have soooooooooo much more to learn that it is both exhilarating and tiresome at the same time.
I know what you are saing...in the start iwould think of scripture at work and could not wait to get home to read more...............it was as if i were a junkie for the word...........i still am...but, more soberly....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity