Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:12 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,369,636 times

Advertisements

Believe it, it will revolutionize your life . The day you do believe will be your own personal "Independance day" no longer under the rule of condemnation.

Praise the Lord !!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 08:00 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,408,241 times
Just give it awhile a the "others" will come and tell you how it is not true and god actually hates most people and he has a right to hate them....like all good fathers....

Old 07-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Well let them, it won't change anything but just serve to show what is in their hearts .

Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,206,390 times
God will reveal His love to you, and then you'll question it as He puts you through the fire.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,395,282 times
Default Not if your not an elect !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Believe it, it will revolutionize your life . The day you do believe will be your own personal "Independance day" no longer under the rule of condemnation.

Gods Grace is only towards His elect, Its called the election of Grace, and the rest of mankind is blinded..

rom 11:

4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This portion of Holy Scripture in its context is pertaining to ethnic Israel, however the principle is the same for the gentiles as well..for God only deals salvation to a election of grace..period..and all the rest of mankind, both of jew or gentile are blinded..

To preach salvation by grace aright, this distinction must be proclaimed, or one is wresting scripture to their destruction..

Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Gods Grace is only towards His elect, Its called the election of Grace, and the rest of mankind is blinded..

rom 11:

4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This portion of Holy Scripture in its context is pertaining to ethnic Israel, however the principle is the same for the gentiles as well..for God only deals salvation to a election of grace..period..and all the rest of mankind, both of jew or gentile are blinded..

To preach salvation by grace aright, this distinction must be proclaimed, or one is wresting scripture to their destruction..
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,395,282 times
Quote:
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Sorry, Gods grace is towards only a remnant of mankind, composed of all people and just not jews..

Old 07-05-2009, 09:04 AM

I am totally going against what i have purposed to do and that is get into a foolish debate with a man who does not know God but only doctrine.

The scripture i quoted does not say good tiding of great joy, to a remnant composed of all people.

Again you are adding and detracting to make the word fit your doctrine.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:14 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,408,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post

rom 11:

"At this present time"....okay wouldn't that have meant when Jesus was alive?! Unless he is a liar that is. Here it is 2000 something years later...NOT at the time Jesus said "at this present time"...

Old 07-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:

To all who maybe reading this thread The bible tells us God is love in 1 John chaper 4 verse 16

16And we know (understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience) and believe (adhere to and put faith in and rely on) the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him.

Now compare this to what the beloved57 is saying .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity