Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:49 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,419,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
How then, was mankind able to put Jesus on that cross and kill Him if that's not what God wanted? How could that plan have gone forth?

Do you believe everything that happens in this earth is according to Gods will?

If you do then Jesus must have been wrong to teach us to pray "let thy will be done on earth..."

Obviously Jesus did not believe Gods will was being done on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 07:56 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,129,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

If you do then Jesus must have been wrong to teach us to pray "let thy will be done on earth..."

Obviously Jesus did not believe Gods will was being done on earth.[/quote]

If you're going to twist my words like that, I will block you. Bye-bye.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Actually, it is. You're trying very hard to deny this, but you won't convince anyone who is not biblically illiterate. In another time and place, you'd have burned at the stake for saying what you've said.

That probably true that I would have been burned at the stake in days gone by just like most of Gods sons and daughter were for speaking the truth.

So you believe in a bloody human sacrifice even though God says human sacrifices never even entered His mind.

Human sacrifice is a pagan religion and has nothing to do with the ways of God.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
[/font][/color]

If you're going to twist my words like that, I will block you. Bye-bye.[/quote]

Theo you asked this question

How then, was mankind able to put Jesus on that cross and kill Him if that's not what God wanted? How could that plan have gone forth?

I responded with a question of my own

Does not my question answer your question?

Sorry you took it as me twisting your words Theo, I can only assume you did not see the question mark I put on my question.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:53 PM

64,035 posts, read 40,340,014 times
Quote:

That probably true that I would have been burned at the stake in days gone by just like most of Gods sons and daughter were for speaking the truth.

So you believe in a bloody human sacrifice even though God says human sacrifices never even entered His mind.

Human sacrifice is a pagan religion and has nothing to do with the ways of God.
We were supposed to have outgrown such primitive savage superstitions long ago. God tolerated Noah's idiotic sacrificing of the very animals he was told to save . . . ONLY because of our species ignorance and youth. Christ was supposed to eliminate such thinking forever by His teaching and unambiguous example. Unfortunately, such savage and barbaric superstitions are quite tenacious and appeal to the carnality of humanity. So they interpreted Christ's tolerance of our savage cruelty and barbarity as the demand of God for a human sacrifice instead!!! It boggles the mind!!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We were supposed to have outgrown such primitive savage superstitions long ago. God tolerated Noah's idiotic sacrificing of the very animals he was told to save . . . ONLY because of our species ignorance and youth. Christ was supposed to eliminate such thinking forever by His teaching and unambiguous example. Unfortunately, such savage and barbaric superstitions are quite tenacious and appeal to the carnality of humanity. So they interpreted Christ's tolerance of our savage cruelty and barbarity as the demand of God for a human sacrifice instead!!! It boggles the mind!!

Amen Mystic, what boggles my mind is that people still quote those who could not see to the end of their salvation as thou they had a right understanding of the Father, who happens to be the end of their salvation.

We still see the same thing today, again and again people saying things like God works evil that good may come, God kills people for sin, God causes the violent winds, the earthquakes etc. This is the same exact understand the men of old had.

Yet Jesus who is our example and the way NEVER supported such nonsense, He forgave sin freely, told us to turn the other cheek, calmed the storms and preached LOVE as the greatest of all things.

It is a hard thing to get people to put aside what the Moses' and Elijah's of old believed and only listen to Him who the Father told us to listen to, which was at the exclusion of the Moses' and Elijah's.

I believe one of the reason that God allowed some of these things to be recorded in scripture was so that people when they read these things alongside of what Jesus stated would realise how ignorant of the Father the men of old were of the Father.

But alas it is as you say, people still hold to the ignorant primitive savage superstations of long ago and they do so at the expense of the only one who revealed the truth of the Father.

People need to start taking the Father serious when He said about Jesus Christ "HEAR HIM" even at the expense of Moses and Elijah.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:15 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,050,370 times
Pneuma, if God didn't want to sacrifice His Son, then you are saying that God doesn't get what He wants - correct?

Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Pneuma, if God didn't want to sacrifice His Son, then you are saying that God doesn't get what He wants - correct?
Hardly Paul, God sent Jesus to save the whole world and eventually in the ages to come God will get everything He wants.

However in this age as in ages past, no God does not get everything He wants.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Does it sound to you like God gets everything He wanted at that time?

No, for it goes on to say

38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

But is that the end? No, for it goes on to say

39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

So in an age yet to come those who rejected Christ will see Him when they learn to say Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,050,370 times
Quote:
Hardly Paul, God sent Jesus to save the whole world and eventually in the ages to come God will get everything He wants.

However in this age as in ages past, no God does not get everything He wants.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Does it sound to you like God gets everything He wanted at that time?

No, for it goes on to say

38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

But is that the end? No, for it goes on to say

39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

So in an age yet to come those who rejected Christ will see Him when they learn to say Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
No, your missing the point. You said that God didn't want to sacrifice His Son, but He did. So He didn't get what He wants. Anyone rational person can see this. Then you say He doesn't get what He wants. Really? Did you really admit that? Do you even know God? Do you know how many scriptures there are that say otherwise?

Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
No, your missing the point. You said that God didn't want to sacrifice His Son, but He did. So He didn't get what He wants. Anyone rational person can see this. Then you say He doesn't get what He wants. Really? Did you really admit that? Do you even know God? Do you know how many scriptures there are that say otherwise?

Paul if God gets everything He wants please explain sin, death, rape, murder, molestations, disobedience etc.

Does God want these things?

And you suggest I am the irrational one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity